main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spoofy Goodness! Watch "Expendable Apprentice"...especially you, Sid...

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by Kai_Vandekar, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/241489

2. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Sorry, can't do that from work, that site is "filtered under the category of 'tasteless'"

:(

No joy for me today, bummer. I can't go to the South Park site either.

Taste is rather subjective and open to interpretation, I have always wondered who's job it is at my company to go look at sites and qualify them. The Tasteless Police strike again!

3. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Tasteless? Good grief! It's a cartoon, and not the least bit racy! Oh, well...Grievous gets beheaded...not to spoil anything...but I mean, really!

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003

ROFLMFJAO!!!!! Just like promotions in the some of the large companies I used to temp at. That is great.. I love the ending.

Thanks for sharing.

5. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    You're welcome! I aim to please! Oh...I need (yes, this is off-topic, sue me) to paste in here my response to something going on in my livejournal, in which a friend posited the question: Is Obi-Wan a dog or a cat person?

I think Obi-Wan is a dog person, cursed to be a cat person. He wanted a Padawan who could practically read his mind, who was as devoted to the Order as he was, who obeyed easily and happily, and who dedicated his life to service to a higher power.

And he got a moody, pissy, mercurial, self-centered, passionate, tempermental, sometimes loving, sometimes standoffish prickly CAT of a Padawan.

So...dog person or cat person? Opinions? (As I hijack the thread...hey, at least it's my own thread!)

- Kai

6. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Cute cartoon!

In terms of personality, I think the above description and reasoning are dead-on! Very good analysis and analogy.

But... for some reason, when I try to picture Obi-wan with a pet, either cat or dog, I keep coming up with cat. I'm not sure why.

7. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, funny you should ask that...in my storylines, I have that he is pretty much a cat person due to the fact that the Jedi Temples seem to have them running all over the place. (Not sure why, just seems appropriate. Sorta like little unofficial mascots) :D

So, my vote is for the cats.

8. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    FINALLY got to see this. You owe me a new chair, I won't say why.

LOL!!

9. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    For Jedi, in general, I think cats. But when thinking of Kenobi and Anakin and putting it in terms of having a pet (errr, let's not overanalyze Kenobi having Anakin as a pet...I was not actually working my way toward slashiness...), I see Anakin as cat-like and Kenobi being befudded on a fundamental level about how to deal with that. :)

And Sid, glad you liked the link. Heh. :)

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    ROFLMFJAO!!!!!!![face_laugh]

Hmmm well Anakin WAS a slave so...no! no! no! Won't go there!!!! [face_whistling]

Well, I said Obi was a cat person..didn't say that he understood the furry little buggers.[face_thinking] [face_laugh]

11. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Oy...yes, let's not expand on the slave concept, m'kay? ;)

And true...one does NOT have to understand cats to be a cat person. I mean, does one EVER REALLY understand cats, no matter how much one loves them?

I am sad there will be no more movies with Obi-Wan. Just had to say that as a random comment. I don't miss a lot of stuff in the prequel movies, but the development of Obi-Wan as a character...that, I loved. Now it's just books. *sighs*

12. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    The site that I write on gave me the opportunity to expand on Obi-Wan, so I'm having a blast with that...but yeah, gonna miss getting to actually watch that face on film.

13. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    What site you write on? Color me intrigued.

Kai, Colored Intrigued...

14. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Me too, me too. (Colored intrigued, that is.)

15. DarkLordSid

Aug 3, 2004
    I'm just a pasty white, so I guess I'm not interested...

(J/K, *chuckles*)

Hey, you try getting your own lightning in the face and see how YOU look in the morning...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.