main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Spookie (H/L/OC?, one shot) - A/N 07/25/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Golden_Jedi, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Title: Spookie
    Author: Golden_Jedi
    Timeframe: sometime after RotJ
    Characters: H/L/OC?
    Genre: I really don't know

Spookie

The fight had just been one of many.

Not really louder than usual, but maybe a little harsher than the last. As he always did when he felt the really hurtful words rise in his throat, he slapped the door open and ran away, leaving her standing in the middle of the room, all flustered and frustrated. As frustrated as he felt, probably.

As always, he did not go very far. Just to the nearby hangar, where he would bang his tools and curse his ship for the rest of the afternoon.
    //

It was past dinner time when he ventured back. The apartment was silent and dark when he opened the door. The only illumination was coming from the terrace and a cool breeze gently blew the curtains.

He slid inside and almost stepped on a spukamas, who meowed indignantly. The man cursed under his breath.

The animal was a big beast for his species, standing almost as tall as his knee and taller when he raised his long tail in the air. The fur was a mess of patches in violet and silver - the color had been a hit for high society?s pets a decade before - and less classy gray and ginger. Guess someone had forgotten to sterilize a kitten before delivering it to the buyer and it had bred with one of the local cat varieties. The eyes where big and yellow, almost intimidating, and part of an ear was missing, no doubt a souvenir from past battles. His wife said there were other scars hidden under the long hairs of his chest too.

Spookie, as she called him ? not that he had ever answered to that name - had appeared on the terrace a few days after they had moved there, and without even acknowledging her, he had inspected all the rooms with the air of an owner. He had accepted a plate of bantha milk and fled as soon as her husband had arrived home. The visit had been repeated every afternoon since. If they were not going to be home, the food was left out on the balcony and he had half joked more than once that she was more considered with the cat than with her human companion.

Tonight, Spookie did not go away. He meowed insistently and then disappeared towards the inner rooms. The man followed him, worried that the scandal would wake his wife up and make matters worse.

There was no risk of that, and he knew it for sure as soon as he entered their bedroom. She was not there or anywhere in the apartment.

Man and cat looked into each other?s eyes for a few moments, helplessly, and then he was left alone.
    //

Next morning, she did not come back. He commed her brother and asked if his wife was staying there. The answer was affirmative but before the other man could finish the sentence, he had cut the communication. That was enough, she was safe. That was all that mattered.
    //

Man and spukamas developed a routine. He went to work and when he came back, the cat was waiting in the balcony. He offered the creature his food, but it went untouched. After prowling the terrace impatiently a few times, Spookie disappeared to wherever he came from and the man was left alone ? again.

The man went to sleep on his side of the giant bed and woke up on the other side, clutching the pillow that still smelled like her.
    //

The fifth day was different. Spookie was waiting for him behind the door and as soon as he entered, he started meowing and pacing around him. He?s hungry, he thought. He went to retrieve the plate from the balcony, wanting to replace the previous day?s food with fresh one. But the plate was already empty.

The spukamas placed his paws on his knee, looking at him with those golden eyes of his. Then he jumped back and sprinted towards the bedroom. The man followed, shakily.

She was there, curled up and asleep over the big bed.

The cat sat on the bed, next to her feet, and bowed his head, like consenting to something.

The man lay on the bed, curling up around his wife.

He was soon asleep too.

Spookie purred happily.

2. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Awww! So cute! I like the cat-like animal. And Spookie is a cute name. Great job!

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! [face_laugh]

She was there, curled up and asleep over the big bed.

The cat sat on the bed, next to her feet, and bowed his head, like consenting to something.

He was soon asleep too.

Spookie purred happily.

=D=

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Five days?? :eek: That must have been a heck of an argument they had! ;)

Good viggie. :D

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww....that was so cute.

I loved Spookie bringing Han to Leia's side.

And I thought he didn't like him! :p

Very nice job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    What a fight that must have been!

I loved this viggie. I especially liked the way you used Spookie as a character...drifting in and out of the appartment, assuming that his needs will be met. This made me think of the emotional drifting one feels in the midst of an unresolved conflict and how selfish we all can be at times.

=D=

7. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    SithGirl132: Awww! So cute! I like the cat-like animal. And Spookie is a cute name. Great job! Thank you! :)

VaderLVR64:Loved it! :D

PonyTricks:Five days?? That must have been a heck of an argument they had! You bet! Good viggie. Thanks for reading! :)

KELIA: Awwww....that was so cute. [face_blush] I loved Spookie bringing Han to Leia's side. And I thought he didn't like him! Cats are weird, aren't they? Although I think it was a mutual thing... Very nice job on this Thank you!

Blue_Milkshake: What a fight that must have been! :D I loved this viggie. I especially liked the way you used Spookie as a character...drifting in and out of the appartment, assuming that his needs will be met. This made me think of the emotional drifting one feels in the midst of an unresolved conflict and how selfish we all can be at times. [face_thinking] Are you sure? [face_thinking] 8-} Hm.. Okay... :p Thanks for reading!

8. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003

He was soon asleep too.

Spookie purred happily.

[face_love]

This was adorable! Great viggie! =D=

9. Arwen_Djo

Arwen_Djo Jedi Master star 3

Jul 3, 2006
    I love the ending! And Spookie... that's a really cute name!

10. I_Heart_Han_Solo

I_Heart_Han_Solo Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 21, 2005
    Han and Leia sure know how to fight!

That one must have been a doozie. :oops:

Great Viggie Goldie.

"Heart"

11. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    amidalachick: This was adorable! Great viggie! Thank you! :)

Arwen_Djo: I love the ending! And Spookie... that's a really cute name! I thought it was cute too... :D

I_Heart_Han_Solo: Great Viggie Goldie. Thanks for reading! [face_dancing]

12. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    A/N: I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciate the noms my little concoction received, even if it didn't get into the voting round. It really brightened my day. Thank you! :)

13. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    How did I miss this the first time around!

Well done! =D=

14. Golden_Jedi

Jun 10, 2005
    Thank you! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.