1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Spork's Photoshop Tinkerings [Cover Art added 2/2]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by thesporkbewithyou, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master

star 4
    As I add more pieces, they'll each be added to this post so people won't have to go swimming through the thread. Enjoy!

Across the Stars

[image=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/SplitCouncil/ATS.jpg]

Cover for a WIP short fanfiction od mine. The Force wasn't quite with me for this one. It's unfortunate that the only full sized pictures of Kyp Durron out there are ones that make him seem like he's constipated, and there aren't that many Jaina pictures out there either. Also, feathering just wasn't coming out right with Kyp and the selection tools in Photoshop Elements are a nightmate to work with. Bare that in mind when you notice that Kyp isn't quite as faded in as Jaina, and when his boots seem cut off.

[image=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e343/SplitCouncil/LRCover.jpg]
  2. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, nice start. Like this very much. :)

You could try to make the pictures of Anakin and Padmé bigger or maybe just move the pic of Anakin more down. Looks a bit strange how his body ends.

But great start and would like to see more of your work!
  3. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    I rather like this, Spork, but I think Chilla is right about "feathering" your cutouts: it would look much more polished if you softened and blended the cutouts of Anakin and Padme, sort of fading the shoulder areas into the starfield. I love the images (that Hubble shot of all the galaxies in the background is one of my fav-fav-favorites!) and how you've arranged them, with Anakin looking up toward Padme, and her looking sort of up and back into the frame. Compositionally, this keeps the eye moving into the piece and then back around--nice job with that. Looks like you're getting the hang of the PS stuff (and I hope the midterm went well!)--we'll be looking forward to more!

FF
  4. thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master

star 4
    Chilla: Thanks! And I knew the body cutoff for Anakin, and even Padme is a little awkward but those were the only pics I found of them where their heads were facing in those directions.

I was also thinking about making the planets smaller.

FalconFan: I'll have to try that. I think I was going for more the faded in look - I wanted everything to sort of blend in with the background but I wasn't quite sure how to do it.

The images are my favorites one too - I had a blast looking through the galaries trying to pick the right one. They're simply... exquisit. There's no other word for it.

Thanks for stopping by, and I think it went pretty well. It's really funny, my teacher had a cover for the booklet with different pictures on it that used different techniques we learned that far.
  5. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    hey it's up here :D
    great work Sporks

~ Mags ~
  6. thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Mags! Nice of you to stop by. And I'm glad you like it.
  7. academygrad88 Force Ghost

star 5
    That picture of Kyp is so blurry that it really is unrecognizable as him. I have found that to find pics of certain EU characters it is best to use GOOGLE IMAGES. This is what a search of Kyp came up with: http://images.google.com/images?q=kyp+durron&hl=en

I think you may be able to find clearer images of him there.

AG88
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.