main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sporting Blaster Needed

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Leia-Organa, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Hey all

I am needing a replica of Princess Leia's Sporting Blaster from a new hope.

"Check eBay" i hear you say?.. i have been checking eBay now for a year, and the thing
    is, they only have the really expensive replica available, that being the limited edition ones
    for about $200-500. I only really need a cheap replica, but it appears that there was never a cheap tacky one made, or at least there isn't any available now.

Does anyone know of anyone that makes blaster guns cheap? Or maybe you know someone who happens to have one they want to sell? I have already contacted Rebel Legion but so far they have been of limited help.

This lack of blaster issue is a real pain on my costume efforts

- Leia

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I checked in my SW Super Collectors Wishbook 3rd Edition (2005) and it doesn't look like there was ever a toy version of her blaster made.

Have you asked in our Costuming & Props forum? Maybe someone there will have a suggestion.

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    it's a bit of a long shot,so to speak... but the old atari video games system console,the really really old ones had a shooting game,which came with a gun remarkably similar in design and size to leias blaster.
    check that avenue out,it doesn't even need to be working,does it.
    boot sales,second hand shops,and the like... you'll find one.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You might also find one on Ebay.

5. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    I think i remember those guns Jamie, i have an old atari 2600 at home, but no gun, i will keep my eyes open.

6. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    This one's tricky, and maybe this webpage might help: Leia's DDC Defender

I've tried seeing if you can buy toy/replica Margolin .22 MTs' but you can't, but that gun isn't a million miles away from the classic James Bond Walther PPK (the older version of the gun at least). Sadly getting hold of a toy one of them is also difficult, but I did find this one on ebay which is the newer model (not quite as accurate or as nice, but it's the next best thing really):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JAMES-BOND-007-GUN-BNIB-L-K-WITH-SILENCER_W0QQitemZ320285127292QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item320285127292&_trkparms=72%3A984%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

One advanatge with that is that it comes with a silencer, which while is thicker then the modified Leia blaster, it is a good starting point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.