main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Sports Corner

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jediravenclaw, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    Let this die if you want, but I think we need a thread for all sports discussion!

So how was this sunday for all of you? Indy won, so I'm assuming some of you are celebrating tonight, yes?

How was my sunday? Well, I'm glad you asked! *ahem*
    *LIONS WON! They are 3-1! WOOOO!*

Poor Broncos though. That was depressing. And the Patriots don't play until tommorow this week...which means I don't get to see them :_| . Ah well...I know they'll win :D I have faith in my boys :)
    *In Brady We Trust*

2. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Uh, we don't speak sports here...we're nerds :-B , [face_mischief] ,:D. HEH-HEH-HEH (evil Emperor chuckle)

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Hockay!

The Blues are on FSN starting Thursday [face_dancing]

4. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Free Floyd.

5. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Go Bengals! They will may lose but I will still be rooting for them.

Go Red Wings!!!
    Go Cubs!!!
    Go Red Sox!!!
    Go Colts!!!
    Go Go Gadget!!!

6. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Speaking as a first-and-formost Lions fan, I totally understand. One does not know fandom until they have stood beside a losing team for a number of years - and still enjoy watching them!!!!!

And I have to second the Red Wings! XD They make me happy :)

(And as of this point, everyone now knows my hometown :p )

7. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    ...If cheating doesn't work. [face_skull]

Go Hoosiers, Go Colts, and go anyone but the Yankees!

8. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    lol. Hey now, it was admitted by pretty much every ex-football player that their own teams did the exact same things...the Pats were just caught, rofl.

Besides, haven't needed it this year yet, and they're now 4-0!! so :p

(lemmie explain something btw...I'm first and foremost a Detroit/Ann Arbor fan. I grew up near both rooting for Michigan Wolverines in EVERYTHING. This was before I cared about any pro sport. I watched Brady take the Wolverines to 3 Rose Bowls/National Championships. I had loyalty to him, Anthony Thomas (A-TRAIN!), and David Terrell. I LOVED watching them play together, they were FUN to watch! All three graduated in the same year. Terrell and Thomas went to Chicago, 2nd string. Brady went to Patriots, 1st string. I followed both teams as this was when I decided to pick my secondary team (cause EVERY Detroit fan except my dad has a second team to root for!). Chicago never sent my two boys out to do anything and got rid of them soon after. Patroits showcased by Wolverine and he just kept being fun to watch.)

So yes. I'm not a bandwagon jumper, my first loyalty is to anything Detroit...and Miami sucks (just had to get that out there). Consequently, my mom's secondary team is the Broncos (hence my respect for them) - and she too followed Michigan guys when they graduated to her new team. :)
    ...Tho it's REALLY sad watching Grese play 2nd string for Chicago. He was SO good in his time as a Wolverine and as a Bronco... :(

9. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Speaking sports!?!?!? :confused: You're all traitors to our once unified nerdly cause.:mad: Suddenly I'm like surrounded by the 'Pod People' from an Invasion Of The Body Snatchers movie![face_worried]

10. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 1, 2006
    Actually Kesh, since you gave me a list of nerdy movies that I must watch... I should give you a list of sports games to watch.

Just go ahead and take the whole month of October off work... its kinda a big deal for baseball. After that, just plant yourself in front of the TV on Saturday for College Football, Sunday for pros, and a few hours on Thursday and Monday for the extra games. :cool:

11. Darth_TKD

Darth_TKD Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2002
    Go George St. Pierre
    Go Chuck Liddell
    Go Randy Couture

Sorry guys, but mixed martial arts is the only true sport. Two guys, beating the living crap out of each other, just as the universe intended. After watching that, it's really hard to watch grown men throwing balls around and a field.

[face_beatup] :D

12. Cindy

Cindy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2007
    Nathan, don't pretend your television isn't tuned to LSU on Saturdays! Geaux Tigers!

13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
  14. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    HT, that's an AWESOME idea! I vote to kidnap Kesh and sit him down on a sunday for both rounds of games!! :D

15. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006

16. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Sports Thread! AWESOME! I was hoping for one!

So, who do you think will win the Nuna-Ball Galactic Cup? My money is on the Corellian Pirates-- what with Servo back from the oil baths. Of course, the Dathmari Witches can allways pull up in the standings. It's really anyones game this year.

Jammies

17. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002

18. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    To me it looks like a bunch of hot,sweaty guys in tight pants patting each other on the fanny. They toss a ball around for a bit then go take long, hot showers together.

19. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    :D That IS a bonus :D

20. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I was watching part of the Pats/Browns game and Brady threw the ball for a touchdown (who woulda thought?) and the guy leaps into the stands and what do you know?

A fan leans way over and pats him on the arse then a fellow teammate follows up with another. I immediatley thought of Chuck's post and I laughed.

21. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006

We need the Yankees to win this series. Why?

Cause there is nothing better than a Red Sox/Yankees play-off series and, if they win that means that the Sox will get more time to rest.

GO RED SOX!!!

EDIT*

Yankees lost, oh well!

22. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    ok, so the Lions kinda lost again this week...but they're still over 50% XD ... mark this year in a calender! XD

oh, and go Pats! :D

23. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Damn the Sox lost again!

But for a Reds/Cubs fan this is a site that might lead to a winning season for the Reds...

[image=http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071015/capt.69c27d9f564d410993820c13f2d0f596.reds_baker_ohdk101.jpg]

Dusty Baker managed the Cubs and he has become Cincy's 1st black manager.

I cannot wait for the Reds 08 season.

24. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    The Red Sox are going to the World Series!!!

I forgot to add that the Bengals came back from a 20-0 defecit and won 38-31 against the Jets.

For you Colts fans they play against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday Night Football.

25. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    LIONS WON AGAIN!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!
    They are now 4-2!!!!!!!

...imagine that! :D

And the Pats CRUSHED Miami! :D 49-28!
    That's not a win, that's a Massacre! hahahaha, Dolphins can kiss my 4th quarter :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.