main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Sports Corner

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jediravenclaw, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Boston wins Game 1 of World Series 13-1 Josh Beckett is winning pitcher. =D=

2. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    I am rooting for the Sox because if the Cubs can't be there representing the National League, then the National League doesn't deserve to win.

3. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Boston wins Game 2 of World Series 2-1 Curt Schilling gets the win. =D=

Now we are off to Colorado this Saturday for Game 3 of the World Series.

4. jediravenclaw

jediravenclaw Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    OMG LIONS WIN AGAIN!!!!! THEY'RE 5-2!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Grab your winter coats, everyone....HELL IS FREEZING OVER!!!! XD XD XD

5. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Boston sweeps the World Series!!!

Go Red Sox!!!

[image=http://a983.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/85/l_3ffe66513accb0288bfd005e351c6cf6.gif]

6. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    Today we have a stand-off of epic proportions...

New England @ Indianapolis

If I am right this is the 1st time that 2 teams have gotten this far into the season to play each other undefeated in NFL history.

Go Colts!!!

7. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Yep Yep....They're calling it "Superbowl 41 and 1/2" :D

Annnnnnd, the result:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!

:D 24-20! aieeee!!! :D

And the second piece of AMAZING NEWS?!

LIONS WIPE FLOOR WITH BRONCOS!
    44-7!

Hold on gents, this season will see the best Lions team since 1950s. Cause you know, the last time they did ANYTHING was in 1957 when they won the Superbowl...then NOTHING for 50 years straight. :p

8. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    ohhhhhh my my my oh dear oh dear. I'm noticing a rather uncomfortable lack of posting this week. It wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the Indy/SD game...would it?

(Lions lost too tho, so I guess it sucked all around this weekend)

9. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006

Possibly, however the Bengals finally managed to squeeze out a win.

10. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    Considering that the Colts were missing Harrison and 6 other starters, the Suckriots pulling it out of their arses is not that impressive. I hope a more healthy squad will fare better in January (even without Freeny).

11. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    ok, so SOMEONE needs to take Green Bay down. now.

12. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    Wolverines over Gators!! Go Michigan!!

What a game, what a game! Michigan should never have won the way they played, but I guess it says something about Florida's team that they couldn't take advantage of all the gifts we gave them.

Not that the bowl meant much overall, but now I get to brag to all my friends who stayed in-state and went to UF, ROFLMAO.

Heh, and leave it to Michigan to relaim the Big Ten honor LOST by OSU last year to UF...I see tides turning again! Maybe next year will see a Wolverine victory over the Buckeyes :D
    (hey, I can hope, right?)

13. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    ok, seriously....how on EARTH did the giants do that last night? I mean, not even looking at the game as "giants vs green bay", lets look at it like "eli manning vs brett farve". HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?!

I'm sorry, but if anyone else deserves to be in the superbowl, it's green bay. There's no way new york deserves it. It's like watching the lions defeat the colts or something. yay for the underdogs, but they just shouldn't be there. It's so totally against the overall divine plan of the cosmos.

....at least my family won't be divided during the superbowl though, so yay for that I guess. [face_plain]

14. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I told you Manning would be in the Super Bowl. I just didn't specify which one. :p

That was a good game, but would have been over sooner if NY would have hit 1 of the earlier FG's.

I was pulling for GB. Favre gives us old timers inspiration. :p

If the Pack would have had a running game...but I hate to get into the "if's."

Anyway.........I'm like you JRC....like those underdogs....GO GIANTS!! :p

15. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Check your local headlines for the latest story about the cheaters, erm, I mean Patriots.

Wow, taping competitors practices as early as their 1st super bowl victory way back when??

Okay, I'm all for due process, and I do think they are talented, but this doesn't look good for them.

I'd be for the Giants either way...GO GIANTS!

16. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    *sigh* ... everyone does it, they were just dumb enough to get caught.

Either way, I think you all know where my heart still lies XD

and besides, to root FOR the Patriots is to root AGAINST the miami "we only won one game but we're still the best cause we're the only ones to every go undefeated and everyone sucks and marino is the best QB ever and we're gonna put him on every billboard and in ever commercial and name car dealerships after him" dolphins.

Can you tell I'm a bit bitter after 8 years of that? :p

17. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Well JRC, at least we have Star Wars! :p

Nobody disputes that the 'fins were prolly the worst in the league THIS YEAR!

But if the Giants pull off the upset...there will still be only 1 undefeated team.

Thank goodness there won't be any need for snowplows in Arizona tonight, or the pats might have to reinstate their "work release program."

Dan Marino is the best ever QB...to not have won a Super Bowl, and he probably OWNS the car dealerships!!

18. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    On this day of major American football events, I feel the need to quote a very wise woman's thoughts on the sport.

19. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    GIANTS TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Congrats to the GIANTS...the giant killers. They took down the pats ala Rebellion v. Empire!!!

21. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    That was sweet. A Manning still got to beat down St. Brady and the Giants D had him on the field more then he had been sacked and hit all season. I also enjoyed how the Pats acted like they had won when they scored the go ahead touchdown, if they could have put on the championship hats at that point they would have. To top it all off was that classless cheater coach of theirs leaving his team on the field before the game was over so he could cry. 18-1 baby, that means that the book about 19-0 that is ready to publish can now be used as toilet paper in homeless shelters.

I was just happy that now the sports media can stop the worship of the Pats and find a real story like how a fifth seed can dominate the playoffs and make the top scoring offense in the league score their fewest points, have the most sacks allowed, and worst running game of the season.

Stay classy NY on the way to Disney World!!!

22. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    A great night in college basketball:

IU wins a close and emotional victory at Northwestern after Kelvin Sampson "retires."

Bruce Pearl's Tennessee Vols knock off No. 1 Memphis. The former USI head coach will now have the number 1 team in the land in Division I.

23. jediravenclaw

Dec 29, 2004
    oh wow! congrats to them all!

I uhhh...I think our guys won at least once in the past month....

...no definitely cause I think I may have been there.

... :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.