MidWest Spreading the Word About FanForce

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Tobey-Wan, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan Jedi Master

star 9
    I'm from Northwest Ohio and have been trying to get a FanForce going for a while. Unfortunately, there are only about 2 people that post in the Toledo, OH forum (closest city to me). Is there some way to get more people to stop in? I know that I read TheForce.net for a while before I discovered the forums and posted in the forums for a while before I discovered the FanForces.

Is there some way that we can spread the word to those that visit TheForce.net and the JC about the existence of the FanForces? I'm sure there has to be more than 2 people from Northwest Ohio who visit TheForce.net and the JC.

Perhaps slightly more pub on TheForce.net page instead of being tucked way down on the side menu? I guess I'm looking for suggestions that I can implement or perhaps suggestions for things that the mods could do with the forums or the admins at TheForce.net could do.
  2. TheRandomMenace Jedi Master

star 4
    The Cleveland Fanforce is having a gathering June 29th... come to the Cleveland thread to get more info about it. Several other Ohio/Midwest fanforces are planning to attend.
  3. jedigal Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey, T-W, greetings from St. Louis.

I agree that the FanForce could be advertised more effectively on the main page of TFN.

I personally think the FanForce links are convenient enough. I think the main problem is that newbie's don't know what "FanForce" means and don't have enough incentive to try the link. The link in the right hand column of the main page lists activities in a few cities. I bet even the people who DO see the link, a lot of them, not seeing any headline with their city's name, don't check any further into the FanForce.

I think that they should have a statement right underneath their top advertisement, above the Latest News column and going all the way across. Something like: "Want to meet and talk to other fans in your area? Click here."

But I also don't think that anything like that is ever likely to happen, because it's my guess that, to TFN, FF is the red-headed stepchild. We're probably lucky to be getting whatever level of support we do get.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.