Ark Spring 2006 Drive-In Nights and VADERPALOOZA

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    A warm and happy hello to all of my friends here in the AGR!! I just wanted to drop by and let you all know that I just released the information for the Spring 2006 Drive-In Night Schedule, and wanted to extend an invitation to you all.

There will be a few changes this year with Drive-In Nights. We'll be doing a fewer nights, but more double features, and we'll be skipping the dreadfully hot months of June, July, and August. Also, the events are not SMT-sponsored anymore, but are now hosted by Inked Monkey Productions. (We'll be showing some of our work between films whenever possible.)

Also, we'll be doing VADERPALOOZA: THE mini SAGA CAMPOUT in conjunction with this spring's Drive-In Nights.

For more information, visit the 2006 DRIVE-IN NIGHTS SCHEDULE thread at the Memphis FanForce Forums.

Also, look for information on the SMT Dance Party on April 29th while you're visiting the Memphis boards.

Hope to see all of you there!

-Tim
  2. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the Sith Soul Train may be a bit difficult for us, seeing that we have an event here in the Little Rock area that day, but I am sure there will be an AGR contingent at some of those events.

Thanks for the invite and for all your past, present and future hospitality. We just had our first movie night on Saturday.
  3. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Dodge.
    We don't have an "official"Arkansas event on the 29th. I think that the baptist health thing is more of a those with the free time thing. (I could be wrong here) Sparks in the Park is official event and It's on the 22nd.

4. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    dOh. I keep thinking it is the 29th. Gotta correct that in my mental calendar.
  5. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    BUMP!

Just thought since it was being discussed that I would bump this thread.

They are showing E1+2 on the 20th and then the "Saga Campout" is on the 26-27. Everyone is welcome for the movies, I think, but if you are going to camp in Tim's backyard, you better PM him soon! I hope it is good weather.

I am going to the campout weekend, but probably can't do two weekends in a row... We'll see.
  6. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Yes, please hope for good weather! I've been looking forward to this for too long to have it rained out!

We're running out of room, so if you are planning on joining us, go on and holler at me! My backyard isn't small, but it's not huge, either. (That, and BJ's that's-no-tent-that's-a-space-station tent is going to take up an entire corner!)

7. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Oh, and Sal and I were talking about the campout, and we thought we ought to extend an invitation for another night of camping to anyone who doesn't want to drive home after the movie Saturday night. Don't know what I was thinking there.

-Tim
  8. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sounds exciting! Can't wait for it! [face_dancing]

See ya this weekend as well (if it's possible) :)
  9. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4

Makes me want to say:
    "Would you look at the size of that thing?"

But, the bright side is I can fit a lot of people in it if in need to.

Looking very much forward to this...

[face_pig]
  10. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I've gotten four different weather reports from four different sources. (16 if you count the number of times that The Weather Channel.com has changed the forecast. There's a low chance of thundershowers tonight. I'm hoping that they're about as right about tonight as they were about last night. (We didn't get any of the severe storms they predicted.)

Game on, people. See you all tonight.
  11. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Thanks to all of you for coming out! I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I think I've just about got the specifics nailed down, and I'm ready to play it by ear otherwise.

I'm going to have the Subway down at the corner do breakfast sandwiches for Saturday Morning, and then I'm still waffling between barbecue and pizza for dinner. If anyone has any preference, please give me a shout. Also, if I could get a final head-count by Wednesday, I'd really appreciate it. It'll help me finalize the food situation.

See y'all this weekend. Pray for good weather!

-Tim
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.