main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events Spring Fling - all are welcome!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by s65horsey, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Welcome to another edition of Spring Fling!

This event was created by yours truly several years ago to provide a fun and entertaining way for the community to interact with each other in a not-your-typical social setting. This year I am proud to announce we have even more fun than ever! The community has a wonderful set of users who are supportive of each other and want to have fun. We invite anyone who is lurking out there to sign up and join in the festivities!

Spring Fling games combine luck, role playing, and a little bit of fiction to provide hours of endless amusement. Please feel free to try your hand at everything we have to offer!

As you enter the EUC fair grounds you will notice off to your right is a dunk tank. This dunk tank will be manned by three users: Becca, Runjedirun, and Bardan_Jusik. Throughout the day you can walk up to the tank, pay your ticket (of which you have an unlimited supply of ;) ) and attempt to throw a bolo ball at the target to dunk your victim. But watch out! They have a few surprises up their sleeves!

Just past the dunk tank is the tug of war contest. You can create teams or try your hand at beating a single person and your host, Katana_Sundancer will provide a write up as to who wins. Be sure to tell her if you have any special talents when you sign up!

On the opposite side of the tug of war contest is the kissing booth. Our loveable moderator Sinrebirth has put his lips where his mouth is…wait that sounded better in my head…anyways he and various women of the EUC are going to be available for hugs and kisses. Enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity where the moderator can only respond with a kissy face or a huggy face! Hopefully this will keep him out of trouble for the rest of the festival. ;)

[​IMG]

As you continue further down the thoroughfare you’ll notice a large area where huge bales of hay can be seen towering over the rest of the group. There are signs everywhere saying “Water Wars”. Your host, ButlarSwan can be seen juggling a few water balloons in her hands as she stands next to a row of faucets meant for filling up water balloons or getting those (on accident, of course) who pass by too closely a little wet. If you are eager to make a mess, get wet and have a whole lot of fun, come in and wash out your friends!

And finally at the very end of the fairgrounds you will come upon a massive race track spanning farther than the eye can see (and out of our gravity dome!). Here you will come across the dashing Skywalker_T-65 and his merry band of space capable vehicles ready for you to try your hand at racing each other. The Space Race will consist of three or four competitors flying vehicles (images drawn by Skyguy himself!) and done up in a fanfiction type of story to truly showcase the many talents of our users. So all you pilots out there get ready to strut your stuff and compete in one of the coolest games to ever be available at Spring Fling!

Also as a part of Spring Fling you can enjoy evenings dancing your heart out at the Blue Moon Cantina.* They will have decorations, punch, food, and several weeks worth of dancing the night away with your friends as you wind down from the days exciting activities. Please stop in there and enjoy a dance or two, I know I’m always looking for a dance partner so don’t be shy!

*As a note to newer users the Cantina thread moves quickly so the link takes you to the first page of the thread.

The EUC Chancellor steps onto a small platform at the entrance to the EUC Fairgrounds. She smiles warmly at the cluster of people already at the gates. Her voice booms out of the speakers as she gestures to the gates which fly open at a small force push from her power and lights flicker on all over the fairgrounds as people make their way in. "Thank you all for coming! Let the festivities begin!"

2. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    First post :p

Sign me up :D sounds like tons of fun

s65horsey likes this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    *climbs into the dunk tank and takes his seat perched precariously over the full tub of water*

Do your worst aruetiise.

[​IMG]

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Walks up pays her ticket

throws a couple of balls

5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    *The first ball arcs towards it's target. It is a good throw, sure to hit. So Bardan use his flame projector to incinerate it first*

:p

[​IMG]

BultarSwan likes this.
  6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Hm, I find the choice of ball interesting . . .

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Runner's idea. ;)

[​IMG]

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I say we boycott the dunk tank if Bardan gets to do that. :p

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh]

*Falcon's second throw flies quickly through the air, it looks like it might miss so he lets it go. But at the last moment it changes trajectory and hits the target dumping Bardan into the cold water*

Good thing I have my own air supply in this thing. Now who used the force to make sure that one hit? o_O

*climbs back up into the chair, his armor dripping*

Next!

[​IMG]

10. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    [face_laugh]This is so cool

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    That's for incinerating the first ball :p

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  13. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    *As patrons walk up to the Space Race, they notice four fighter berths, with a different fighter in each one*

Welcome to the first EUC Space Race, a part of our newly restored Spring Fling! As the host of this event, I will introduce you brave pilots to your choice in fighter craft. First, we have the ever-popular T-65 X-Wing, made famous by Luke Skywalker.

[​IMG]

This is the most well-balanced fighter in the group. Not the fastest or the most maneuverable. But it has the best combination of features, from shielding to overall stats.
    Next we have my own design, the AF-01 Starstreak:

[​IMG]

This is the most maneuverable fighter in the group, with decent speed. The rather small size also helps it in dodging obstacles, in addition to the maneuverability. Though the shield is very weak, so beware of any impacts.

After that, you have the RZ-1 A-Wing:

[​IMG]

The fastest fighter in this particular race. In a straight line, it leaves everything but the Interceptor in its dust, but it is severely lacking in maneuverability. So beware of any…unforeseen obstacles.

Finally, we have the TIE Interceptor:

[​IMG]

Second fastest, and second most maneuverable. This fighter is most equivalent to the X-Wing, though it lacks the shield and is both faster and more maneuverable. For fans of Imperial fighters, this is your craft.

With all that said, the first round of the race will begin as soon as the pilots have chosen their fighter (first come, first serve basis). I personally will be out in the Al’kesh and doing a running commentary on the race. Any second round contestants can pick their fighter with Lenea. Now…let the Race begin!

(was going to be longer, but since its not its own thread...I shortened it :p )

Robimus and s65horsey like this.
  14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    throws two more balls

one as a diversion :p

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    *is confused by seeing two balls thrown at once and consequently fires at neither. One strikes the target and the chair falls away. But Bardan lights off his jetpack, using only enough thrust to remain "sitting" in midair where the seat used to be.*

:p

[​IMG]

ma_petite likes this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Throws two more balls. One is used to hit the target while the other is used to hit the off switch on the back pack [face_mischief]

s65horsey likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    What the...?

*falls into the water screaming like Boba Fett on his way into the Great Pit of Carkoon*

[​IMG]

BultarSwan and s65horsey like this.
  18. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_rofl] that was awesome

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I know I really am. Good to be recognized for it though. ;)

*climbs back into the dunk tank's seat*

[​IMG]

20. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I meant my aiming and taking you by surprise :p

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I prefer my version. :p

[​IMG]

22. Falcon