Spring movie thread

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    There's a lot of good movies coming out over the next few weeks and I was just wondering what everyone else is looking forward to see.

I'm looking forward to seeing Hellboy, the Punisher, and Walking Tall. Plus a few other mentionables like Van Helsing and Scooby Doo 2 ;).
    Both Hellboy and the Punisher look really good as they should keep pace with the comics-to-movies sucess that Spiderman started.
    I still haven't seen the Rocks' last movie but I think it comes out on DVD this week so hopefully I'll be able to pick that one up.
    With all of this action you've got to have a good family fun kinda movie to throw in there too. Scooby Doo 2 looks like it'll pick up where the first one left off. I thought they did a great job with the animation of Scooby in the first one and I hope this time around is no different!
  2. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm really looking forward to the Punisher. I think it's going to continue Marvel's streak of movies opening up at #1. I just wish it wasn't opening the same weekend as Kill Bill Volume Two. I'm thinking about doing a double feature that weekend. Anybody want to meet in town on the 17th to see them? Perhaps eating some lunch in between the two movies? If so send me a PM. :)
  3. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I still haven't seen Kill Bill-Volume 1 yet. Is that out on DVD or are they waiting until all of the movies are done before you can take it home?
  4. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    It's coming out on DVD on April 13th. That'll give you a chance to see it before volume 2 comes out.
  5. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    "as they should keep pace with the comics-to-movies sucess that Spiderman started."

Unlike The Hulk :)
    Advance reviews (by fanboys) of the Punisher have been really good so far. I admit I wasn't thrilled when I heard about this but it's not sounding so bad now.
    Hellboy? Hell yeah!
    Scooby? Definately! I don't know why people knocked the first what. I'm not sure what they expect from a movie based on a cartoon?
    Van Helsing. Of course! Monsters almost always good!
  6. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Unlike The Hulk

The special effects that they put into turning Bruce Banner into the Hulk and integrating him into the action of the movie I thought was really good, but the overall story wasn't quite what I expected. Despite this I am looking forward to a sequel to see the Hulk face off against a bad guy for more than the last 10 minutes of the movie.
  7. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I respect that they tried to do something different with The Hulk. They just missed the mark.
  8. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Was I the only one who liked watching the Hulk?
  9. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    It wasn't a bad movie. It just wasn't what it could have been. I think they wanted to show it wasn't just an action film that they went to far in the other direction.
  10. -Raldayen- Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm looking forward to the following movies this Spring/ Summer:

Hellboy
    Kill Bill Vol. 2
    The Alamo
    The Punisher
    Shrek 2
    Troy
    Van Helsing
    King Arthur
    Spiderman 2

It's going to be a good year for movies.
  11. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to give props for the Hulk's FX team of course :) It just wasn't Spider-Man or X-Men.
    And it was just announced (leaked?) there will be Spider-Man 3 in 2007.
  12. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...there will be Spider-Man 3 in 2007.

Three more years before another Spiderman movie :mad:? It only took two between the first one and now, I wonder why the extra year :confused:?

I also thought that the Hulk was good, but I agree that although the story-telling is needed in order to create a foundation for sequels, the direction seemed to go astray on some occasions.
  13. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe in Spiderman 3 they can work in a Punisher crossover in the script. [face_devil]

But I doubt it. :(

Punisher looks awesome I think it will be one of the best for this season's movies.
  14. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd put money on Harry Osbourne as the Green Goblin or the Hobgoblin in Spider-Man 3.
  15. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Hobogoblin maybe, but I don't think Green Goblin. The general public will say "hey, there already was a Green Goblin" and feel cheated. Oh, those ignorant fools.
  16. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    What about the other members of the Sinister Six? Who's left after Doc Oc?
  17. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Dr.Octopus,Mysterio,Vulture,Electro,Sandman and Kraven were the first members of the Sinister Six. The second Hobgoblin replaced Kraven is the second version of the group and the third version of the group was made up of Venom,Mysterio II,Vulture,Electro,Sandman and Kraven II. I won't scare you with my useless Fanboy knowledge anymore. :)

18. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    Venom would look really cool in a movie.
  19. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    [Rolls Eyes]Everyone born after 1980 thinks Venom is a great villain.[/Rolls Eyes] ;)
  20. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
    At least I don't wear depends! :p
  21. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    Why should you wear Depends? They did just come out with Pampers for the husky child. :p
  22. Darth Dowe Jedi Master

star 4
  23. TK7771 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sam Raimi(sp?) already said that you wont see Venom or Carnage in the spidey films :( . Bummer,I know.

The Hulk was ok,Visually! The story arc really could've used some work. Hope part2 will be better written.

New movies. Van Helsing looks great.Typical corny monster flick done with todays standards. Definately a must see.I can pass on Scooby Doo.I'll wait for Blockbuster to get it in.

But the movie that I'm waiting on this summer,for about 100 years now. POW!!Alien vs Predator How sweet its gonna be. Even if it sucks it'll rock. :cool:
  24. Mandalorian_Warrior Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know why he'd want to shy away from venom and carnage, i think that venom would be the perfect villian for the third movie and to close off the trilogy.
    Maybe he just wants to spring a suprise on everyone.
  25. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    At Sho-West they said they plan on making six Spider-Man films.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.