main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring movie thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Outcast77, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I do agree with you about some of the action scenes Rogue_Girl, I also expected a little more during some scenes. I did enjoy seeing how the Trojans took advantage of their home turf by pulling that sneak attack on the Greeks in the middle of the night. The way that Achilles led the Myrmidons onto the beach and took it over before the rest of the armies go there was pretty good too!

When it comes to Scooby Doo, I guess I'm still just a kid at heart.

2. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    See, its because I am still a kid at heart that I didn't like the first scooby doo. Granted, I haven't see the second one, but the first one was just overdoing it on the stupid-kiddie-play level. I mean, jimmy neutron and such are still silly kids movies but still have good ideas and plots in them and funny banter...I dunno...the movie is just lost to me.

now aladdin! there is a great kids movie!

Hey, anyone excited for the Incredibles? I saw the trailer the other day at the theater and thought it looked great! It may already be out in the states, I dunno...but they are just running trailers for it now in Oz.

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    The Incredibles does look really good. The folks over at Pixar are awesome and have done some great work.

As far as Disney movies go, I liked Aladdin and Hercules myself ;).

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    As far as Disney movies go, I liked Aladdin and Hercules myself
    Those are good disney movies.

5. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    All I can say is if you want to laugh and not stop go see Dodgeball.

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    The Incredibles looks fantastic as always with Pixar. Disney is going to be so sorry they lost them. :)

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    After they put out such great movies like Toy Story and Monsters Inc., they should be kicking themselves in the head for letting Pixar slip away.

8. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    I agree, these computer animated movies are topping out and are great peices of work! It is sad though, that disney hasn't pulled out any Lion King or Aladdin quality animated works. I loved that string of cartoon greats, along with the classics of course (my fav being sleeping beauty) and I don't want to see that die away. the artwork in sleeping beauty alone is amazing, if you look at the detailed backgrounds etc.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    They used to be good for one of those "classic" animated movies every summer. Now they just kinda throw something out there without any purpose other than to release another movie. The last one of those "summer classic" kinda movies was Mulan. After that I thought I saw the next one was supposed to be about Joan of Arc but I don't think that was ever done.

Has anyone seen Mystic River? Good movie... very good. The ending was a little messed up, IMO. All three actors did a great job portraying their characters.

10. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    I haven't seen Mystic river, but its based in Boston. woot!

Another movie that I think I am going to see this afternoon is the Fast Food movie, the director ate mcdonalds three times a day for a whole month and filmed it. He got best director at a film festival and it has been a huge uproar here in Australia. I don't know if it is international or what, but it looks very interesting! Kind of like the novel Fast Food Nation takes to filim! I'll report back with the review :)

11. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    The last one of those "summer classic" kinda movies was Mulan.
    Hey, Lilo & Stitch was good, if not "classic" in the regualr sense.
    :b

12. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Lilo and Stitch for me is the prime example of Disney's failings in the recent years. I wish I had never been put through that torture. What astounds me is that little kids like it!

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Lilo & Stitch 2 was just OK, but I thought the first one was good. Neither one was as good as the Lion King kind of Disney movies of old, but were still enjoyable.

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I know that this isn't a spring movie but I just saw Spaceballs for the first time in years. It really is a classic, funny movie.

USE THE SCHWARTZ!!!

15. DarthDeadite

DarthDeadite Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2004
    Spaceballs is classic, but my all time fav Mel Brooks film has got to be History of the World, Part 1. Has anyone else seen it?

16. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah I think that's the best Brooks movie I've seen. Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein are right up there too.

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Has anyone seen Spiderman 2 yet (either on a midnight showing or this morning)? I'm hoping to catch it this weekend. Can't wait to see this!!!

18. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I saw Spiderman last night. Goto the NJO boards for my SPOILER FILLED review.

I liked it!!!

~DG~

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Just don't spread the spoilers around here, at least not yet anyway ;). I want to try and stay spoiler-free for this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.