main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Spring Word Race! Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    510 words.

My mother will almost certainly ask me to write a poem about her--in fact, I'm surprised she hasn't brought that up already. I do have some good memories (after all, I knew her for most of her life, and she lived to be sixteen), but I don't feel a need to write them down. Well, maybe, I could write a fanfiction where she goes for long, long walks in the woods of some nice planet. She hated riding in cars, so I can only imagine how she would have felt about speeders.

Oh, and colors: I have been here for ten years, and I've never even come close to having colors before. It doesn't look too likely, when I'm working on just reaching 1000 words, that I shall attain them now. But if I do, I already have them picked out. (Red print on a black background, like a bad nineties goth website, because I am just that classy.)

Chyntuck, Kahara, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  2. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    New total: 6481 I'm shooting for 7000 :D

3. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yay! Added another 2,196 words tonight for a total of 4,108. I just might get some colors yet! :D

Chyntuck, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Put the bits of the remaining chapters of my main fic together, not counting the chapter close to publishing, and got 5850 words (I need this number, so I can substract it from subsequent revisions, in case they take place in the next four days).

That brings me to a total of 21136 words. Now I need to find the length of the chapter to be posted, so I can substract it from its eventual length. I believe it's in this post.

Now it's the time to play some Pollo and see where Charon is taking Sticks...

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    With more for the diaries and poetry challenge I am now at a total of 10,589 words

Chyntuck likes this.
  6. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Added another 1610. New total is 3242.

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Add a little editing, and my total is now at 4,156.

8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Progressing on the Baille Harte story has been tough, writers' block for a couple days.

700 words just now on that, added to the 200 of my two last-reported drabbles, brings me to 13,189.

Keep going jcgoble3, you can make it.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    The list has been updated.

I'm finished my final paper, so now I'm 100% on fanfic for the next few days. I made it up to 9870. My new goal by the end of the month is 10101, just cuz I can.

10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Chyntuck likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oops sorry I was scrolling really fast when I got a few days past.

Chyntuck likes this.
  12. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Woot! [face_dancing] I did it! I wrote 177 words on Raissa & Doran last night and 520 words this morning on a SW/MLP Equestria Girls mash up that was plaguing me last night when I was trying to sleep. Never actually intended to write a Fic to go with my fan art, but there you go. :)

New total: 7178

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Want!!!

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  14. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm at 16,320. I'm hoping to get something finished by tomorrow which should increase my count by a tiny bit but in any event I'm really happy with this total.

15. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Um....I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but I've written another 538 word on the SW/MLP mash-up. [face_blush] I think it's the most I've written in a single day, and it's on a silly mash-up. I so don't need to start another story, but I can practically hear the dialogue... Sigh...

New new total:7716

Ewok Poet, Chyntuck, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  16. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    1026 words.

Ewok Poet, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    After a very successful day, I got another 1296, bringing up my total to 11,166. My final goal for the end of the 12,345 :p But it's actually looking like I'm going to beat my December total of 12258, which I'm not sure how that happened :confused: . I guess when the plot bunnies bite, they bite hard.

Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Great going everyone! And some fun stuff in the works too, apparently. I don't think a SW/Equestria Girls crossover was ever done before and I can't wait to read it.
    But it is classy!

Some minor editing on Seven and a new chapter on Ἀνάγκη bring me to a total of 25262, which will most likely be my final total for the month, because I have a boat to catch. Y'all keep writing like mad until I come back on Monday! [:D]

Sith-I-5, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    Editing the crossover adds another 326 words and puts me over 8000!!!!! New total: 8042

The Youngling kept reading of my shoulder as I was typing :D it's the gateway to SW fanfic! Mwuhuhaha!!!!!![face_devil]

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  20. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    The current chapter is now up to 1232, which means my May total is now at 5606. Gosh, wouldn't it be cool if I could make it to 6000 in the next two days... I suppose I can dream, can't I? :p

EDIT 5/30: Up to 6188!

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    :) So pleased that you have achieved the 25k.

My writing run on Saturday was interrupted by RL considerations, and I'm having trouble continuing the scene. Stopped at 843 words.

So, I'm at 14,032.

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  22. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    1015 words on the SW/MLP EG crossover. New total: 9057

I am kind of bummed that this silly mash up is so much easier to write than my serious stuff---and no one's even reading it :(

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    3704 words of, completely unexpected, first chapter of a fic that won't be posted for eight to nine more months.

693 words of the second chapter of my other longfic.

361 words of fanon notes, and counting.

That makes it 25894 and May is not over yet, I still need to finish the chapter for my main fic, the said fanon post and...who cares, I'm tired.

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Quick note:

When you guys post your final count, please remind me if you are abstaining from both prizes (or just one). Just so that I dont feel bad about not double checking if people changed their minds.

And the past 2 days have been epic flops for me, so I'm off to see if I can get a little over 1000 words done to meet last December's total in ~11 hours.

Chyntuck likes this.
  25. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    New total: 8186

You don't want to know how much of that is outlining and/or material that I had to cut/won't use for months. :oops: Still, it's better than I thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.