Sprite...Coke Glass bottle CG WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Macho, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: AdamBertocci
  1. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is a little render on what I've been working on well today...i'm just doing it as practice, figuring out how to do glass for my film and to learn how to use Mr. Nittro(it blows up your models)

So what do you guys think so far...it was supposed to be a sprite bottle.

The Picture
  2. Jedi_Cougar Jedi Master

star 3
    Here

Hehe, nice job. Looks cool.
  3. Krapitino Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, aside from the fact that it's not SHAPED like a coke bottle, and the label is ALSO glass, instead of a plastic wrapper, it's good. However, it looks a little like an oil slick with the colors and lights bleeding around... glass normally doesn't do that, and I don't think transparisteel would, either...
  4. datoolman Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Good job... it looks a little squashed though. You might want to stretch it out a bit. The texturing and transparency look outstandng as well as the reflection map. I would however make the plastic red Coke band solid.

5. DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I'll be interested to see how you get on. I could only get Mr Nitro to either (a) Totally blow something apart into about a million tiny triangular peices (looked fake) or (b) Totally blow something apart into about eight large triangular peices (looked fake)

The manual wasn't particularly good with poor old Mr Nitro. I hope you have more luck than I did.
  6. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    well, it was a sprite bottle but I ripped the label when I was pulling it off...so this is the first one I came across...I'll upload a picture of the real bottle I used as reference
  7. Shoveler Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey dude, looks a little more like plastic than glass but it still looks VERY good. I'm lovin it! Good work :D

Shoveler
  8. datoolman Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It's supposed to be plastic hince the plastic cap :)

D

9. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    Hereis the bottle I used for reference

Daft or Rive, any Idea on how I can make the label non transparent? I have tried making a tex map that is black where the label is and white above and below it and placed it in the Transparentcy Edge Map area but it doesn't do anything...am I doing it backwards?
  10. datoolman Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ummm... I was wrong.. it is glass and very short.

D
  11. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    That is one MESSED UP Sprite bottle....but ur CG looks great, although it seems to reflect everything and the distorts it...but what do i know about CG?

~NesziS~
  12. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, that is one messed up Sprite bottle you're using for reference, but hey, if that's what it is, then, dude, you made it in CG.

Good job, and more power to ya!

EDIT: Was just readin my post there...dang I sound like a newbie. :D
  13. Neszis Jedi Master

star 4
    God EagleI, why dont you just TOTALLY COPY ME, as well as my "power to you" thing I posted a few minutes ago on TACs grovelling post!

~Neszis~
  14. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    alright Here is my final picture for now atleast. I rendered it out in seperate passes so I had complete control in Photoshop.

And Here Are my others. The top is rendered just from EI and the bottom is a chopper texture I figured out how to do(don't look at the gap)
  15. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
    Let's face it, Macho, Electric Image sucks, let's try doing this in 3DS Max. BWWWWWAAAA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    3ds just plain old sucks... :p its funny you are too scared to post this in DVG where 98% of the members use EI lol j/k
  17. PixelMagic Force Ghost

star 5
  18. Carl_el_cee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Zat so? Check out some sample's of what ol' 3D Studio MAX can do in my signature. Anyway, BreantK7 & I are working on a VERY good composite of a Force Power. I'd like to see a good EI composite because, I have never seen a good one :D

Pix' how dare you give up on our beloved software? I do not give a damn if the majority use whatever software or if ILM uses whatever or if people tell me "Yeah, well I have the program that Dreamworks uses". It doesn't matter at all. I will be studying Computer Arts I bet we will be using MAYA but I will always refer to 3D Studio MAX as my square one.

Carl
  19. Jedi_Smithy Jedi Knight

Hi There,

Did you do the glass in 3ds max?

I'm trying to do glass in 3Ds max at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jedi Smithy
  20. Jedi_Smithy Jedi Knight

Hi There,

Did you do the glass in 3ds max?

I'm trying to do glass in 3Ds max at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Jedi Smithy
  21. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    God EagleI, why dont you just TOTALLY COPY ME, as well as my "power to you" thing I posted a few minutes ago on TACs grovelling post!

Um...Nes? Are you being facecious, or what?
  22. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    no i did the glass in electric image...have you seen star wars episode I and II? in ep. II many well over 200 mattes were electric image. And if you remember to ep. I when they are on courscant next to the queen ship on the landing platform, its electric image, also look at duality, titan ae etc. Anyway this is pointless...I'm never going to stop using EI and I dout I'll use 3ds
  23. EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Macho...the problem is that you flame users of other programs, and you're giving other EI users a bad name in the process.
  24. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    when I say it to pixel i'm just joking around with him...anyway, some comments on my bottle, please!
  25. Macho Jedi Master

star 4
    comments please! bump
Moderators: AdamBertocci
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.