main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Spy Picture -- AT-AT Foot?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthBreezy, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    OOOH...

How interesting...[face_thinking]

*starts debating whether to save the file*

2. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Maybe.... or maybe the Republic foolishly contracted Jawa's to scrap the Imperial war machines and now they have overrun the planet [face_devil]

JainaSoloYJK and Darkslayer like this.
  3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Bantha's vs AT-AT's. The most one sided battle in SW history.

"That armor is too strong for Gaffi sticks"

4. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Maybe the door to a time portal, in which the characters go back in time to prevent Anakin from ever leaving Tatooine.

Sarge and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  5. gambit420

Oct 14, 2003
    If this really is the Star Wars set, it's definitely an AT-AT foot and I'm sticking to it :cool:

6. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Just wait until JJ comes and stomps on this rumour.

7. gambit420

Oct 14, 2003
    He's re-writing it as we speak just to prove me wrong

8. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    That JJ is always 5 steps ahead at all times.

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Looks nothing like an escape pod. It does look weathered to the environment though.

11. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Maybe it's just a hideous round thing?

12. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I'm looking at it in scale to everything else: if it takes two adult men to roll that thing into a large tent, then why would they bother to make three more unwieldly sized things like it to make an AT-AT? I think that if they were shooting anything dealing with an AT-AT then they'd be in a much bigger tent or on a soundstage with some privacy.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the wheel thingy could be a base to the Tatooine igloo style houses like Owen and Beru had. This could also explain the short, cylindrical object off to the side and the rectangular basin thingy too - those are so non-descript that they could easily be anything, but us hardcore fans could spot a Tatooine igloo house a mile away and know that something was up, hence the tent.

Also notice the multiple trailers off to the side with central air units on top? Those could easily be trailers for actors and makeup/wardrobe. Given Star Wars' history with sandstorms and other hazards when filming in the desert, I wouldn't be surprised if costumes and other items are kept in climate controlled trailers until needed for filming.

Finally, as someone who was doing this same thing back in 97, we're likely dead wrong until we see something more. When we saw photos from someone who was on the Theed set after filming had finished, we saw a bunch of things but had no idea what they were or what their importance was (if any) to the film, so I'm not getting my hopes up over this until I see more.

EHT likes this.
  13. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
    FIXED

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012

I remember between Ep1 and Ep2, that one image that came out where they were wheeling that unfinished wedge-shaped thing between buildings. For the longest time, most people thought it was a Star Destroyer model. Turned out to be Obi Wan's JSF.

Revanfan1, JainaSoloYJK and Mr. K like this.
  15. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I think the guys in the pic give it enough scale to give credence to the theory that it's a walker foot. That's just about the right size. It's not a complete foot (the flanges are missing) but it looks good enough to me to say it could be. They wouldn't need four of these things if it's just for a close-up shot of something getting smashed. That small cylinder could be part of the same prop (the part of the foot that the pivot supports attach to).

All speculation...could be something else entirely, but fun to mill around about.
    Yeah, I forgot that! Good times....good times.....

gambit420 and TheBBP like this.
  16. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001

[​IMG]

I'll buy into this theory. The second round thing to the right is probably the second tier of the foot. Other pieces still inside the tent.

So do we have a scene on Tatooine where someone is talking next to the foot of AT-AT and they needed the foot? Is it junk for Jawas? If it is part of a broken AT-AT, was there a battle on Tatooine? Was it just leftover from a regular garrison? Is a battle still to come?

17. manybothans

manybothans Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 25, 2013

No, I'm still here.

18. TheBBP

Nov 6, 2012
    Have ALWAYS wanted to see AT-AT's on other planets and Star Destroyers in atmospheric flight.

19. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    you all realize when we get to watch episode 7 we'll be driving ourselves nuts trying to spot "the round thing in the background" after the FX teams have gotten through with making it a fully realized Tatooine environment. Hell, it'll probably be cropped out of the shot in the IMAX version!

Revanfan1 and DarthBreezy like this.
  20. gambit420

Oct 14, 2003
    I can say for sure, no way it's an escape pod or a farm igloo!

21. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    He'd better be. Some of us have been at this game since TPM and have gotten pretty good at it.

22. gambit420

Oct 14, 2003
    I'd think if it was jawa scrap or wreckage in the background, they would just CGI it. They can get away with that without people noticing. I don't think they would go to all the trouble to create a life sized prop unless it has some big interaction.

The Revanchist and Lurknomore like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Abrams digs real life sets way more than CGI backgrounds to everything. CGI to fill out the gaps but definitely a lot more set-building goes on in Abrams productions than in the PT era.

24. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
    Hmmm... a Sarlacc plug.

Kinky.

Bail B. Baobab and Mr. K like this.
  25. thecurseofchris

thecurseofchris Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    Star Wars or not, this is exciting times.