main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Bye, Bye, Bye 'NSync? Not So Fast

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echo

Echo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    EDIT:

very well. my apologies, chanjumar.

i'll get back to my work now, i guess :(

2. chanjumar

chanjumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2001
    Well then Sapient I see that some peace can be made between us.

I really would (and I am sure others would too) appreciate less of the "let's lock this thread" and more of the intelligent, thoughtful, responses you speak of.

If we can agree to that then all will be well.

3. chanjumar

Jan 5, 2001
    LOL Echo LOL

4. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Chanjumar, of course there is peace between us. I've never been mad at you or upset with anyone in here since I've joined. I would be more than happy to discuss NSync and their scenes, action figures, etc.... I have never had a problem with that. Why I was urging this particular thread to be closed was because it was no more than a basher vs. gusher thread. They inevitably become very nasty, mean-spirited, and get themselves locked on their own.

You see, I think it would be a great idea to have a thread about the particular scene or to start a thread in Collecting about the action figures. Now I don't know if the current mods would differentiate that and allow them to stay open. I hope they would.

Now, if NSync were to be in the movie, I would almost be certain they would be made into action figures. Demographically, this opens up the movie to an entire new corner of the market.

As far as scenes, they could only be in the arena battle according to spy reports. There has been nothing revealed to lead me to believe they would be in a Coruscant Jedi Temple scene. So it could only be the big battle.

5. chanjumar

Jan 5, 2001
    I continuing on with this Sapient-- since I have been thinking about it and discussing it elsewhere... It makes sense that it would be the arena battle, I definitely see that. There was also a few rumbles that we would see them in the nightclub as other characters. Not sure about that one.

But I agree about the action figures, probably not right away-- since there are usually different release dates of various figures. Eventually even the smallest characters that have no names originally become figures.

Which actually brings up an interesting point, which should move to another topic, I suppose, but with these 100's of random jedi running around... how many of them will be made into collectable figures??

6. Pierrot_Lunaire

Pierrot_Lunaire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Story follows from Tuesday Jan 14's Melbourne Age (Australia). Note that the first line reflects general press disbelief that N'Sync could play any role in SW universe, and general love of the fanboy outcry:

"And people say the internet isn't good for anything.

"Thanks to the public outcry caused by recent news that boy band 'N Sync would be appearing in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of The Clones, director George Lucas has dropped the scene, forever consigning it to cutting-room hell, reports Empire Online.

"As rumours of the band's cameo spread across the globe, panicked fans rushed to their keyboards to lodge their protests online, and the powers that be seem to have taken note.

"'N Sync's Joey Fatone told the Carson Radio Show on Tampa, Florida's WFLZ-FM that the scene had been dropped because of to the uproar. He didn't sound too pleased about it, either.

"``I'm going to make it officially known they dropped it because people made a big deal about it,'' Fatone told the show. ``We're not going to be in it, and I'm not going to comment on it any more.'' "

... and by the way I loved the SNL sketch. Totally nailed Lucas, bluescreen shooting (loved those digital-shoot spheres!), ridiculous necks, Jar Jar's (lack of) humour and crummy dialogue, Obi Wan's over earnestness, and the ridiculousness of linking the 'NSync brand name to the Star Wars brand name (e.g. addingg some 'NSync moves, and mixing it up on the Jedi Council with Harry Potter, Cartman, etc). Congrats to TF.N for putting the sketch up on its boards.

... and they nailed fanboys!! How many of you received a Darth Vader back pack for your 40th birthdays?! I know I want one! ;-)

Cheers!

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I will admit, Alf on the jedi council was pretty funny.

8. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Nightclub
    From everything I've ever heard, the only Jedi in the nightclub at the time of the confrontation with Zam are Obi-Wan and Anakin. And the real big battle is the arena and nothing else. I thought the rumor said something about the group being with hundreds of other Jedi. That could only be that scene.

Action figures
    Look at the action figures being made now from the OT, or from TPM for that matter. We have more obscure characters from the cantina and podrace as action figures before the entire Jedi Council has been produced. Just the mere mention of NSync will draw in the teen girl market, which could be huge for LFL.

I doubt all 700 Jedi will be made into figures, unless a few of those are truly spectacular and get more than a few seconds of screen time. I would bet there wouldn't be too many apart from the one's we know of now, namely: Kit Fisto, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Shaak Ti, etc...)

9. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    Sape or anyone who knows: Is this really true? Did GL really drop the scene b/c of the outcry?

As much as I couldn't stand a few of the parts of TPM or even ROTJ, I don't think anything I thought should influence GL! I have less respect this decision than I did when I heard NSTINK was involved!

The only things that I ever really thought should have been changed were parts of the SE's, and that really is only a restoration more than a change, and even that is none of my business.

10. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    The most up-to-date, official statement was by LFL. The band truly did film scenes for the movie. And they were Jedi for the big arena battle. And in those shots, they can easily be identified if you know what to look for. But the footage exists in digital right now on a disk waiting to be used.

This footage is a fraction of what was shot for that scene. As Lucas edits and forms the scene, the footage with NSync may or may not fit with the feel and flow at that point. So ultimately the footage exists but the decision for inclusion remains open.

11. Pierrot_Lunaire

Pierrot_Lunaire Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Of course Lucas couldn't possibly use the material now that he has been widely reported to have dropped the sequence - and now that NSync have announced they are no longer in the movie.

To do so would seem to be a double backdown by most of the public and the backlash would be enormous.

They will be consigned to an interesting Easter Egg on the AoTC DVD.

Make no doubt about it - the NSync three are *definitely* out of all Star Wars theatrical releases, forever.

Cheers!

12. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Okay.. I thought we were through with all this N'sync nonsense. C'mon??? Sure-I don't like the idea... but damn.. i lost my train of thought again... Crap..oh well.. it'll come back...
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@%#*#!!!!!!#*&@$%

k... :D

13. fett_02

fett_02 Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2002
    Nysync is gqay and i hope they are not in Episode II. They are a bunch of fudgepackers and they would kill Star Wars. If they kill the Trilogy, its their heads!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
  15. Arsenal1234

Arsenal1234 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    Yes, and Ian McKellan's fudgepacking just DECIMATED Lord of the Rings.

Anyone else read the jedinet.com story about the Screen Actor's Guild potentially refusing to allow N'sync in the movie? I hope not, because butthead Lucas would put them in there, just to make a statement.

16. Darth_Gator

Darth_Gator Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2001
    Personally, I don't care if they are in the movie or not. I'm still going to see the movie regardless. I'm not a big fan of their kind of music, and most people aren't. I just wish the media and fans wouldn't have made such a piss fit about their cameoes. But either way I still watch the movie...

17. Sligty_Worride

Sligty_Worride Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    These still whining people! Are you aware that only 2 or 3 members of NSYNC were filmed at the most? Are you aware that the most recognized guy & most popular of the group is not even one of those 3. We all know damn well that SW does not need publicity, it is an event in itself. So your arguments don't add up to anything. Or did you fail to read that fact about it just being 3 members? It has been mentioned in here many times over and over again, so quit ignoring the facts! I am no NSYNC fan, not by a long shot. So I couldn't care less about the whole NSYNC think knowing what I do about this. I must repeat for the ignorant people out there, for about the 12th time, they are playing non speaking, non-credited, background extras mixed in with a lot of other background extras. If it was a marketing ploy, then why in the heck just have 2 or 3 out of the group of 5? Why not have them in bigger roles? Why not have the most popular guy too? Be prepared to eat your words in 4 months. Whether you hate NSYNC or what they do is irrelevant, because you won't notice the 2 or 3 members anyway, unless you've been really checking out what they look like, probably not even then. Background extras are like the people walking around in Mos Espa or through the streets of Coruscant, you never get a good look at them! GET A GRIP PEOPLE! How many times do I have to repeat myself?!!! It just goes in one ear and out the other. I'm sorry to say we've still got a few ignorant people in here! Come on, ask yourselves this: "am I making something out of nothing?"

18. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I agree with Sapient, that they could only be in the arena scene. Think about how long it would take (even with digital technology) to set up a SW scene and film it. Even for short little sequences it takes hours if not days. So it's not like they could shoot for the arena scene, eat lunch, and then head over to the night club set for an afternoon shoot. Just not logistically possible, unless they were on the set for weeks.

19. Darth Michigan

Darth Michigan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 1999
    I also read that, Arsenal. I have to say that I'm now torn between my hatred for unions and my hatred for boy bands.

Ah, screw it. Unions are worse. Nsync can stay if it ticks off SAG.

20. chanjumar

Jan 5, 2001
    Slightly--

First you probably should calm down as well, because you are reaching the levels of the people you are arguing against.

Second. This WHOLE thing is a publicity stunt. Doesn't matter which members of the band are in or not in or maybe in. The name NSYNC was out there associated with Star Wars. And for a week or so everyone is talking about that and not LORD OF THE RINGS.

Pure and simple

21. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Ah, screw it. Unions are worse. Nsync can stay if it ticks off SAG.

SAG people are the devil's minions in disguise. [face_plain]

If any of you decide to become filmmakers, watch out for this Guild...they'll do anything (literally) to get your arse and your production's arse to join their dark alliance, err union. :eek:

22. SonofSonofSons

SonofSonofSons Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2001
    Oh well let me tell y'all how I feel about this. (I know how much your all dieing too know :) ) I did'nt really have a problem with them having a small cameo in Episode 2. After all, some of you may hate (I think decapition was mentioned :) ) them but they are still human and their still alowed to be fans of Star Wars. However I did have a problem once the media got wind of the role. I dont know about the rest of you but I am sick and tired of the press taking every chance they can to mock Lucas and Star Wars. Anyways if LucasFilms never said anything about them being in there and waited for us to find them 6 months down the road I think that would have been funny. I kinda feel bad for them,(NSYNC)they get every guys dream of being in Star Wars fufilled only to see it smashed by those of you that can't enjoy good music. Heh-heh :) No sorry I'm just joking. To each his own as they say. :)

23. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I just hate that these clowns (N'sync) are pouting because they might get cut outta the movie. I mean, are they serious???? I'm sure they think that because of whining from a bunch of SW nerds that they are getting cut out of their dream movie (which IS at least sort of true). But still, you are in a BOY BAND, whose whole audience is 11-year old girls, you have arguable talent at best, and the VAST majority of SW fans range from casually disliking you to extremely hating you. What on earth do you expect? BUt they act like THEY are the victims.

24. Sligty_Worride

Sligty_Worride Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    Name is Sligty, NOT slightly

25. IEatPoodoo

IEatPoodoo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    LOL! Joey's last name is Fat one!

[face_laugh]

...He is the fat one, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.