main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Bye, Bye, Bye 'NSync? Not So Fast

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Really I think it's the fans that are ending up looking stupid. On VH-1 the guy said "You can see NSync in the upcoming Star Wars prequel sequel Attack of the Clones, but word is some of the internet droids have made such an outcry that they might be cut for only 1 second of screentime. Seems more like attack of the fans."

2. Thai_James

Thai_James Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2001
    Well, I don't care what people say or think. My opinion is my opinion and I hate NSYNC and hope against all hope that they are cut from the movie because they don't belong or fit in a Star Wars movie. Sorry, but my thoughts will be my thoughts, being the internet droid that I am....

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I don't care what people say. The average salary of Star Wars geeks is a lot higher then fans of N'Sync at their respective ages. So if the N'Sync fans want to complain let them, at least we can afford to see the movie without breaking the bank.

4. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    But did the trekkies whine when the guy from Fantasy Island was cast as the villain in the Wrath of Kahn?

5. High_55

High_55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    I don't hold trek in the same regaurd as SW, it's built upon people who are either GREAT or NO-NAME actors. Star Trek was a series that often had so many different people on them that they needed SuperStars or NAMED actors to keep interest in the series and the movies.

6. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Quote:
    "But did the trekkies whine when the guy from Fantasy Island was cast as the villain in the Wrath of Kahn? "

I doubt it, since he played the character in the original series. They really didn't have much choice.

7. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    But what about the attack of the fans thing?

8. High_55

High_55 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    sdj

I'll agree with that

9. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Come on, guys!
    I hate N*Sync and all that similar crap they dare to call music, but if they're in a crowd in one or two shots, who cares?
    You wouldn't know who they were when you saw the movie!
    There are things in "Attack of the Clones" which are far more worrying, like:
    - Yoda using a lightsaber in battle
    - Another recycled plot ending in a giant
    battle
    - Another overkill of CGI
    - Another return to Tatooine
    - Revealing the great mystery that was Fett
    etc.
    (There are good things in there,too, of course, like Natalie Portman, Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee)

10. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    How can you say those things are worrying? Those are some of the best parts, and the plot is hardly recycled.

But back on topic (And this'll be officially the 35th time I've said something like this): And this whole N'SYNC thing is seriously overrated. It's amazing how long my old thread lasted, let alone this one...

11. Darth_Racer

Darth_Racer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2002
    Yes...some admin please shutdown this inane thread....there are more important thing to discuss.

12. DarthPJ

DarthPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2001
    [image=http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ft/2002/ft020115.gif]

hehehe

13. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    [face_laugh]

It's funny because it's true! :p

14. Darth Michigan

Darth Michigan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 1999
    To all those complaining about the thread still being open, I have one question: Why do you come in here? You don't like it? Don't post here.

15. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    The local morining news show "Good Day L.A." just reported that N' Sync has in fact been cut from AOTC. They claim that Lucas is responding to all the outcries and has thus eliminated them from the movie. Now I wish everyone would leave Mr. Lucas alone.

16. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I don't know how much water that report holds either. I've always been under the impression that Lucas doesn't cave in to the demands of the public. He goes with his story and his instinct. And besides, I'd be more concerned about Mayor McCheese being in the film instead of NSync.

[image=http://rintintin.colorado.edu/~grayd/mccheese/poster_mayor.jpg]

17. ArtMaul

Jun 12, 2001
    Agreed, but maybe Lucas is showing his humanitarian side and doesn't want scores of fanboys Giletting their wrists as Connie Francis' haunting "Who's Sorry Now?" drones from the tinny monaural speaker of a GE portable radio.

18. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    If Star Wars fans were going to do this to themselves, they would have done it after seeing Jar-Jar and listening to Bode and Feed. But they didn't. Considering nothing could be worse than that, people ought to be safe and unharmed.

19. ArtMaul

Jun 12, 2001
    Yes, but I'm sure Lucas doesn't want to hurt the "repeat viewing" ticket sales, which suffered slightly when TPM was theatrically released due to the "Jar Jar must die" contingent. I think the news report is accurate. They're gone.

20. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I really wouldn't have cared who had cameo roles in AoTC. I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway so what's the big deal? If all the N'Sync fans knew that the band was in the final cut they would watch the movie over and over again in the theater, staring dreamily at the band and the movie would probably end up making a lot more money than it would normally have.

I think that all of the fans' complaining might have affected the movie more than was previously thought possible.

21. LUH-3417

LUH-3417 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2001
    Ya know, I am a critical but bigtime fan of GL. I can't believe that NSYNC was or would be cut out b/c of the complaining.

Even almost all of the questionable parts of TPM have grown on me.

Let's get down to the thing that always truly chapped my ass, and that is Greedo shooting first. If we have the power to complain and alter, let's get that scene restored.

Everyone chant,
    "Han shoots first or we kidnap Fred Durnst,
    and feed him to hungry red ants,
    even though you may not know him George, do you really want this on your conscience!"
    (repeat) sorry it kinda rhymed.

22. Darth_Iquitous

Darth_Iquitous Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    It would be really good if he said he was cutting them out but kept them anyway, so that people who didn't want them would be happy and wouldn't notice until they had seen the movie 6 or 7 times. Once word would leak out the bands fans would be flocking to see the NSync extras.

23. Darthforce

Darthforce Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2001
    "Yes, but I'm sure Lucas doesn't want to hurt the "repeat viewing" ticket sales, which suffered slightly when TPM was theatrically released due to the "Jar Jar must die" contingent. I think the news report is accurate. They're gone"

TPM repeat viewing ticket sales were hurt ? Hmmmmm...let me see....TPM...$431 million in ticket sale US/Canada....I guess not.

24. ArtMaul

Jun 12, 2001
    Didn't come close to Titanic did it smart guy? And I did say slightly.

25. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    who cares!!! I don't care. Drop It. You ppl are complaining about the same thing over and over. I know someone else has said that... but its the truth.. get over it. Who cares!! im Out of this discussion thread for good.

Look at me laughing now hehehehe. You think thats funny huh?? I've got one question for you... can you deal with that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.