main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Bye, Bye, Bye 'NSync? Not So Fast

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    You really shouldn't be that bothered by all this. It's silly. It is out of all of our control. Whatever George decides will be fine. Some people were probably upset when Mark Hamill wasn't going to be on Eight is Enough. But can you believe it? Life actually went on and it's 2002. And this is such an idiotic piece of minutiae.

With age comes the maturity and the ability to recognize that there are so many more important matters. I would love nothing more than to see no petition signed or created. This isn't exactly what you would call a crisis. Yeah it's a great movie but it isn't worth an ulcer. He hasn't let us down in four films, he won't do it here. Lucas could cast Big Bird and I'd be fine with it. Indiana......Indiana.....let it go.

2. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    The sad thing is, if George did cast Big Bird and I started a petition against it, there would be people yelling at me. It's true, there would be.

I disagree that there is nothing that we can do. As one of the NSynch members said, they could get cut becasue fans were complaining. If you don't sign the petition, then it's a vote for them to be in the movie. So Sign It.

3. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Fluke you have a point, but where is the petition for NSYNC to be in the film?

If we live in a democracy then surely we should have one for them to STAY in the film.

Petitions mean nothing when it comes down to it, let it go.

4. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    The million-dollar question: what other movies were influenced by fans creating inane petitions? :confused:

5. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    I really hope N'Sync makes the cut. Fans shouldn't have influence over what Lucas wants. He better not cave in to public pressure :)

6. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    He better not cave in to public pressure

He already did with (apparently) reducing Jar Jar's screen time :p

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    He caved in when he let NSync in the movie, as they bitched and moaned to get in.

8. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    He caved in when he let NSync in the movie, as they bitch and moaned to get in.

Um, if you read the reports correctly...NSync talked to Rick McCallum about being in the movie, and he invited them to be shot as extras.

And if you read TODAY'S reports, it'll be 3-4 more months before we find out whether or not Lucas cuts them out of the film...so kick back, will ya?

9. wan-bo-tak

wan-bo-tak Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    i dunno but it seems to me that ppl like to whine a lot about the PT.first it was Jar Jar and now this....makes me wonder what we should expect in Ep 3. :D

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    So my petition should have thousands of names by then, letting George know what's up.

I think that if we make enough noise, then Fox will get nervous and put pressure on George to make the cut. They have already done so with release dates and ticket presales, so pleeeease don't try to argue against it.

11. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Fluke, would you prefer NSYNC in the film or George Lucas not to make episode 3.

Its his creation and he can do what he likes with it. I thank him for having the balls to make the prequel trilogy's. We should be thankfull for that, We shouldnt put pressure on him to do what we want him to do. Did he have this pressure back in 77? Let the man do what he wants with what is in fact his. Be thankfull you have a prequel trilogy and stop making stupid petitions.

12. Miiike

Miiike Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2001
    FG:

A couple of questions:

1. How do you know that the band "******* and moaned" to get in the movie?

2. How do you know the band members are "fake" Star Wars fans? Logic would seem to dictate that several men in their 20s are fans. Star Wars has an enormous fan base that mostly includes men in their 20s to 30s (given the original release dates).

3. How could any one or two second scene ruin anything?

Everyone else:

Does anyone else think, as I do, that the people who supposedly will not see the movie if the band is in it will still be some of the first in line in May. However, if they really will not see it, does that not benefit us by causing shorter lines in May. Maybe I'll start the "Give NSync 5 Minutes" Petition.

Sapient: Thanks for the cartoon dancers in this thread. They were funny and now I actually know what the band looks like. Maybe GL can put them in the film just like that. A mysterious race of bobblehead dancers in the night club.

13. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    They have already done so with release dates and ticket presales, so pleeeease don't try to argue against it.

FG, notice that those petitions deal with the theatrical distribution and release of the film...not the content of the film itself.

And Taliban isn't a terrorist group, Al Qaeda is [face_plain]

14. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm sorry, double post. See below. Thanks!

15. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I actually think all this grousing and bellyaching is very healthy for N'Sync.
    Here they thought everyone in the world kisses the ground they walk on, and they give LFL a ring and get the job they ask for. All the fans of the Earth (thats' each and every person, isn't it?) will jump for joy at our mere presence!
    Now, for the first time in like, two years, they get to realize that they aren't as popular as they think. Someone has told them NO. They are probably reeling from the shock that not everone adores their hopping around (even during love songs with no tempo in them). It was a good lesson for N'Sync to learn.

Now, if it had been Aerosmith they put in there, I would have shouting, Hell Yeah!

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    1. There was an atricle somewhere on Aintitcool.com which made reference to NStink asking George to be in Star Wars. Now, I'm sure that a lot of people have asked to be in Star Wars, but did they get in? No, so I doubt that NStink just 'asked'.

2. I don't know that they are fake, but I would be willing to bet that they are. They might 'like' Star Wars like everyone else, but I highly doubt that they are fans.

3. It is the principal. NStink are one of those groups that are completely made by the record company so that teenage girls will go wild over them and buy their music. The Star Wars universe is completely driven by imagination and originality (in comparrison) and for NStink to be in the movie is like a slap in the face.

17. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Amen Tiershon!!!

18. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ok import_Jedi. Fair enough. But what about Sam Jackson's purple kightsaber?

19. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    Like Lucas would be crazy enough to turn down a request by SHAFT!!! :eek:

20. chanjumar

chanjumar Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2001
    Wow! Sam Jackson had enough pull to rename lightsabers to knightsabers?

That's fascinating!! ;)

21. Miiike

Miiike Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2001
    It may be true that many ask to be in, but few are part of a band that has a good deal of popularity with much of the films target audience and supposedly the director's daughter. So, GL did a quid pro quo. The band get a meaningless cameo (trust me: most people would think so despite the reaction here) and GL's daugher gets to meet them. Sounds like something any father would do. I would. I am not sure there is a differnce between liking the movies and being a fan, but if there is, I still am not sure on what you base your opinion that the members are not. For all we know Sapient and Griffz are two of the members. Hell maybe I am. Finally,

22. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Looks like Lucas isn't out to spite us, folks. So all you anti-Lucas people can go home and cry. :p Lucas is still the illegitimate father of the fans. :D

23. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    Sssshhh...you weren't suppose to know that :eek:

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    The latest Entertainment Weekly says that George's daughters had nothing to do with the decision and the have a quote from a Lucas Film spokesperson. And I don't think that the film's 'target' audience likes NStink. In fact, their target audience probably dislikes NStink on the whole.

25. TALIESINWEST

TALIESINWEST Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2000
    Fluke, come off it man. You can't possibly convince us that an intelligent 23 year old adult such as yourself is this upset about who was cast as extras in a movie.

I propose that you are concocting an elaborate prank specifically to bait normal, reasonable individuals into acting like fools. That must be it. Bravo, you modern jester of the Internet.

For a moment I was aghast at your mock display of faulty logic and cartoony vitriol. I realized, however, that you must be pulling our leg.

I found the "fake Star Wars fan" bit particularly funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.