SPY REPORT: Bye, Bye, Bye 'NSync? Not So Fast

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winter1 Jedi Knight

star 1

Friggin GL! You'd better take those freaks out!!!!

Piece of punk...

Why do you play with the fans like that?

2. Darkwish Jedi Master

star 4
    As it turns out, they are cutting the N'Sync arena scene for a reason. It so they can work around Justin Timberlake's schedule so the whole group can do a rip roaring, show stopping performance in the night club. It will the called Jedi Pop 'n Lock! You know how George LOVES to have a good song and dance number in his movies!!

[face_plain]
  3. LordPhobetor Jedi Knight

star 1
    *claps derisively*

It is truly amazing, and amusing to see so many so angry about something so

small.

N'Sync in Attack of the Clones? My response is BFD.

However, to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth here, one would think that the mere possibility of the band's presence, no matter how insignificant that possible presence is, will ruin the entirety of the Star Wars Saga. [face_plain]

Petty. Truly petty.

So a small group of Star Wars fans used what influence they had to land themselves an insignificant role in the next Star Wars movie. They begged for, and have been granted, the right to appear on screen (assuming that the shots aren't edited) long enough to die. No lines, no screen credits. *Boom* they're dead! I say Good for them!

Do I see a flash of green in the eyes of the Fandom? A bit of jealousy tainting the righteous indignation of the fans? If YOU had the influence and the access, wouldn't YOU do the same as they?

They have millions of dollars between them. They are the wet dream of millions of hormonal teenaged (and post-teenaged) girls. One of them gets Britney Spears. *looks at watch, waiting for the inevitable rebuttal that "I think Titney Rears is BFugly!" [face_plain]* Maybe more than one of them; you never know. ;) Now they get to realize every geek's dream by having their mugs blown away in Star Wars as nameless extras.

Isn't it galling to know that they get to have it all?
  4. Crimson-Larko Jedi Master

star 4
    Piece of punk...

?[face_plain]

Why do you play with the fans like that?

GL isn't playing with anyone. If anyone's played with the fans, it's Joey for saying "Officially" that they're cut, only to have an LFL Rep come out and say thet they still could be in it.
  5. Darkwish Jedi Master

star 4
  6. LOOKIE_HERE Jedi Knight

star 1
  7. Arsenal1234 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    And the April Fools fodder continues...

The million-dollar question: what other movies were influenced by fans creating inane petitions?

The Phantom Menace. Well, the DVD anyway. People sure did feel that seeing that on DVD was enough on an issue for inane petitions. Best I could come up with.

I still don't get how, in a fanbase where we actually know the name of a character like Ketwol or Porkins, cameos aren't important. Aren't cameos what we spend all this time on these boards blathering about? Sure, death threats are ignorant, but that doesn't change the dynamics of the Star Wars fanbase.
  8. WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, at first I was in absolute shock when I heard the news, and was as mad as anybody. However, I could care less right now if the fairy-ish fivesome (or threesome) is in the movie. Is complaining about the N'Sync cameo petty? That's a judgement call. But regardless, you got to get over it. Just about everything in life changes at some point; sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse. However, we all gotta just roll with the punch. We should all still be thankful and a fraction of a second (I can't imagine them being in for longer than that) really isn't the end of the world. Do I like the fact that Chevy changed the once proud Impala into a clown car?? No, but that doesn't mean I'll never buy a GM again. Do I like the fact that Dave Matthews Band sold out and hired Glenn Ballard to produce their new album, which I thought sucked royal ass?? No, I didn;t like it, but I'll still listen to Dave. There's tons of examples I could use, but the point is, is that life changes, and you can either be in denial, or you can move on. No, life isn't perfect. But that doesn't mean we should give up on things.
  9. Vae_Victus Jedi Padawan

As much as I'd love to see nsync destroyed, I feel they have no right to be jedi. To be a jedi in a sw movie is a place of honor no matter how small the roll.

now come on, nsync got their position just like in that tv show "making the band." They auditioned for it, and got the job because their pretty boys who can dance. They dont write their own material, and they lip sync in concert. And I wouldn't call them a band, their a group. Bands play instruments.

Personally I feel McCallum should be fired for even giving them the chance to film a scene..........
  10. Import_Jedi Chosen One

star 6
    To be a jedi in a sw movie is a place of honor no matter how small the roll.

Um YEA.

Try saying that if Jedis ACTUALLY existed. [face_plain]
  11. Sligty_Worride Jedi Knight

star 3

As much as I'd love to see nsync destroyed, I feel they have no right to be jedi. To be a jedi in a sw movie is a place of honor no matter how small the roll. Laughing at how nutty fanboys like this can be

now come on, nsync got their position just like in that tv show "making the band." They auditioned for it, and got the job because their pretty boys who can dance. They dont write their own material, and they lip sync in concert. And I wouldn't call them a band, their a group. Bands play instruments. I am no NSYNC fan, but I got news for you, very few singers these days write all their own songs or even half their own songs, and the reason they lip sync their own voices on stage is because it's impossible to dance fast and still be able to sing without being out of breath. I never called them a band. But that is a non-issue.

Personally I feel McCallum should be fired for even giving them the chance to film a
    scene
    Fired for what? Because whining extremist fanboys don't like it? Fired For letting them be filmed for uncredited background extras, hardly seen, only 3 out of 5 members, (most recognized member was not even there to be filmed) & non-speaking extras? Man you are such a fanboy extremist! As long as the cameo is as described, I don't care if they are there or not. Think about it a little more before you say such outlandish things!
  12. Import_Jedi Chosen One

star 6
  13. Vae_Victus Jedi Padawan

Green_cross_code

I just signed the petition. I dont want them in the movie, and if the are I will feel completly let down. The guy who started this petition feels the same, and he has every right to publicise the petition, I'm glad I saw his post, and glad to have signed the petition. You telling him not to post it anymore is wrong, and interfering with fans trying to get their point across. Thats what discussion boards are about. Why dont you reprimend the people who curse and badmouth other peoples opinions, rather than picking on someone who's just trying to get his opinion noticed by George Lucas.
  14. sdj Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok this puts everything in perspective. News comes in about McGreggor who in the past has openly stated negative opinions about the prequels, says "It's good". But that is overlooked by fans because they are too busy whining about 2 seconds of film that has 3 undistinguishable members of NSync in it.

Talk about perspective into the fans.
  15. Import_Jedi Chosen One

star 6
    Where did you find that out, sdj?
  16. sdj Jedi Master

star 4
    About McGreggor? tfn had it up as a story but hardly anyone seemed to notice because they were too busy complaining about NSync.
  17. sdj Jedi Master

star 4
    Completely let down Vae? Don't you think that is ridiculous? It's not like one of them is playing a speaking part. It's petty. Tom Petty and the Headstrong Fanboys.
  18. Import_Jedi Chosen One

star 6
    Actually, I thought there was quote by McGregor saying it was good that 'NSync is in AOTC.

I read that TF.N article about him saying the movie is "very, very good," it has much needed humor, and something about Hayden Christensen being a ******* actor (profanity used in a positive tone)
  19. sdj Jedi Master

star 4
    We all know McGreggor tells it how it is. Don't we? Shouldn't we at least weigh his opinion in? But OH MY GOD NO!!!! NSync might be in the film, somewhere...but we don't know where...nor would we know at all if someone hadn't told us....but it really does ruin it no matter how many very's McGreggor uses.
  20. dudewalker Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Considering that he would have been near castrated by GL for some of his earlier comments, I wish I could believe the sincerity of Ewan's shock 'change of heart' towards AOTC.
  21. ISunBurntI Jedi Padawan

I just wanna say why I do think it would make a HUGE impact on this movie if they have the cameo or if not.

Ok folks..this is a SCI FI movie !!

THe biggest obstacle a SCI FI movie has is making it really believable to the people in the audiance. Now this is Star Wars so in a way yes that has allready been done. BUT think about it..even if u see them for only 2 seconds..ONCE you see their faces it will completely throw out the believability of the movie. It will just flat out be wierd.

And you dont have to hate N Sync for it to be weird. TO be honest I dont think Steve Tyler from Aersomith or really ANY big name celeb should be in it.

And you know..I really LOVE Samuel L Jackson he is a total bad ass actor. One of my favs..But I think it was weird seing his bald head in Episode 1 haha. I dunno I just know the original Star Wars movies made somebodies outta a bunch of no bodies. And thats what these should do. But I am telling you once you see Nsycn or even the ****ing POPE who alotta people love in a SCI FI movie..it will just feel WEIRD.
  22. Sligty_Worride Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, I've seen Harrison Ford in dozens of movies, it's doesn't ruin he SW fantasy knowing he's an actor in many films, and for future and current people who watch many Ford films, Sam Jackson films, Liam Neeson films, and then later watch the SW films for the first time will it ruin it for them? HECK NO!
    John Ratzenberger was in ESB, heck he even spoke in the movie, did that ruin the fantasy because he was a character on the very popular show "Cheers"?
    As for the NSYNC cameo, judge it in 4 months IF & when you see it, not before. Of course, you'll have to make sure you identify & remember really well what the 3 guys look like, look hard at all the background extras throughout the movie, so if you see them it can really ruin the movie for you! Then you can come here and whine how evil Lucas is, & how he has raped your childhood!!! LOL!
  23. ISunBurntI Jedi Padawan

Do you honestly not see a difference between Harrison Ford and N Sycnc though?
  24. Sligty_Worride Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah Harrison was in the SW movies a lot, 3 members of NSYNC as mute background extras won't even be a blip on the radar of the movie.

25. bleh19 Jedi Master

star 4
    Isnt that convenient for you dudewalker?

[face_plain]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.