main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Bye, Bye, Bye 'NSync? Not So Fast

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Padme Bra, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Come on you must see the paralels. Yoda is outrageously short while Big Bird is outrageously tall. Both are prety much one unrealistic color, big bird is yellow, Yoda is green. Frank Oz was associated with the Muppets in fact Yoda's voice sounds very similar to Grovers. Hmmmm....let's make a petition to remove Yoda.

2. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Let's not be doughnut-hatin' now :mad:

3. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    This thread needs to get back on topic.....maybe.....

4. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    Sorry...

As I was saying, petitions are for the weak-minded

5. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    This thread's on its last legs. Let's get it back on topic or close her down.

6. WampaFood

WampaFood Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2001
    close her down PB, theres not much more to discuss. we'll just more or less argue. and ppl will go off topic in order to piss ppl off (like fluke_groundrunner) ;)

7. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    Does that mean I can talk about doughnuts again? :D

8. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Fluke Groundrunner....you must be the cry baby. Man, you are a whiner. :rolleyes:

9. Darth_diarrhea

Darth_diarrhea Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    doesn't look hopefull padmebra but here goes:

How much does it really impact the movie for nsync to be in it? I am vehemently against it but i won't skip seeing the movie over this. I beleive they have no right to even be within 500 feet of a movie theatre showing aotc but it's not going to ruin it for me. K let's take a total of who is actually going to skip this movie over a few bad additions. I mean i would have avoided tpm due to jake lloyd if i was that obsessive compulsive. So if you're skipping it say yes, if you're not say no. Thnx :)

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I go off topic to respond to others who go off topic, but yet, still attack me. Once again, NStink should not be in Star Wars. There is a reason why TF.N posts news on the story whenever it breaks... and I doubt whoever updates the news about them is thrilled doing so.

ONCE AGAIN... it's not that I don't want NStink in Star Wars, but rather, what they represent. Groups like N'Sync are completely made by their record company and mass marketed to the lowest common denominator. Star Wars is on the other end of the spectrum. It's something totally created by imagination which conflicts what boy band groups stand for. How would you feel if you were watching Willow and you caught a quick glance at New kids on the Block in a scene or two. (Note: I think that Star Wars is much better then Willow, but hopefully you get the point.) It's really a principal thing. To be honest, I am just really disgusted. If anyone wants to talk about it in person then we can discuss my viewpoints at the celebration.

11. Sligty_Worride

Sligty_Worride Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    Close it, what more can be said that hasn't already been said? Wait until the movie opens. FLUKE, I am assuming you know what 3 members of NSYNC look like, to know them when you see them for 2 seconds.

12. Ultimate

Ultimate Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 14, 2000
    Now, according to Jedinet, it's two members of NSYNC and one of their brothers that are extras.

13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    I don't care if I see them or not. It's the principal.

14. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Oh the principle, give me a break.

15. dudewalker

dudewalker Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    The bottom line is this:

No, having NSYNC in the movie will not affect people going and seeing AOTC. Ep2 will still be a super huge blockbuster and all that, but that's because there's still enough of the 'old' Star Wars in the minds of fans to keep their hopes alive. Because the OT was so popular and especially because ANH and ESB in particular were such great films, it's going to have to take a lot for Lucas to completely destroy that. I don't think the NSYNC thing in and of itself is going to turn fans into non-fans, but it certainly adds fuel to a growing resentment and disillusionment among many fans towards Star Wars and the direction Lucas it taking it. And that disillusionment does have the ability to turn fans into non-fans.

So rather than calling NSYNC Star Wars' executioner, perhaps it may be more appropriate to view it as another brick in the wall. The only problem is that those bricks might just become a wall one day.

16. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    I actually agree with Fluke_Groundrunner and Dudewalker their respective posts just above this one.
    And I'm a fairly sane and rational person.

17. Sligty_Worride

Nov 28, 2001
    What's the principal have to do with this? I haven't talked to him since high school.

18. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Dudewalker why not answer my post on page 7. The one that was asking you a question...towards the top of that page.

19. SHB-JR

SHB-JR Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    sdj

On the 'it's good'by Macgregor comment thread- go take a look at who posted in there, most of the people here once at least- I certainly did.

You complain that people keep talking about non-issues like this while neglecting the real issues - I agree

BUT

Threads like this keep going 'cause people on *both* sides won't let go. I made my comment and moved on, I didn't feel the need to refute the posts of all the people who thought NSYNC being in it was ok.(I obiviously thought it was a bad move) Why do some of you who hold the opposite view-that it was ok-feel the need to *keep* refuting that view. Once is enough then let it go. Make your stance then leave it. Let people complain, if you feel this is non-issue, read it but don't respond.

If you want to discuss 'the important issues' leave threads like this alone and up the McGregor thread-I'll meet you in there for some constructive talk if you do.
    Stop posting in here-do as you say we should all do. Make your response to this the last in this thread if your serious :)

Yours SHB JR

20. dudewalker

dudewalker Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 2, 2000
    Star Wars is a bit like the rise and fall of Mike Tyson. When Mike was world champion he was this amazing boxer and very popular with the general public and media alike. And then it became known that he beat up his girlfriends and he also got charged with rape and went to prison, and that pissed a lot of people off. But because they loved him so much as a world champion boxer they were willing to give him a second shot. And then in his big comeback fight he bit off Hollyfield's ear. And that was like the final straw. People wanted to love Mike like they did when he was great and they gave him every opportunity to redeem himself, but he kept messing up. And there's only so much people could tolerate before they had to let him go. And then not only was he disliked, but his earlier success and greatness was also tarnished as a result.

In the same way, people want to love Star Wars. They remember how good the movies once were and are willing to give the new ones every chance to work the old magic again. However, there have been some major let downs, such as Jar Jar and other aspects of TPM, the new title and now this NSYNC business, which simply cannot be overlooked by many fans. If AOTC is a good movie, I believe that it will function as a kind of bulldozer to clear away some of these disappointments. However, if AOTC is not well-recieved, then I fear that it may be enough to not only destroy people's faith in the current trilogy, but also take something away from the greatness of the OT.

And that would be a real tragedy.

21. Sligty_Worride

Nov 28, 2001
    What people?

22. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    But this is a movie how good it is, is a matter of opinion. How good a boxer is, is actually identifiable by if he is winning or not. If you go by statistics TPM did in fact "win" since it made so much money and continues to be one of the highest selling movies of all time. If TPM went to prison for rape then maybe your arguement would make sense.

23. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    sdj, I guess you just didn't get his point.

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    What people? Well there are over 100 of them on the petition.

25. SHB-JR

SHB-JR Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Not sure I agree with your winning anology sdj- winning for a piece of film should be more than just box office recipts-it's art.
    Esp for SW -modern myth as it is meant to be.

While the money is important surely as an artist for GL creative & critical 'sucess' is important.(When I speak of critical sucess I speak of the fns as well as critics)
    And given that while fans generally universally like the OT, TPM has split fandom like never before polarising some of us- one could argue that the 'creative' sucess is no longer as strong.

As for rape what about various childhoods 'raped by TPM' ? :D ;) j/k

Yours SHB JR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.