main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Episode III Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futuote

futuote Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2004
    so why put in part of these two minutes in the trailer.

'Cause he's Darth Vader. Like you say, most people don't who's who, but they surely know who Darth Vader is - he's the bad guy in the big black suit. They don't need to know Anakin's Vader, just that Vader's in the movie.

2. FORCEOF1

FORCEOF1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2004
    IMHO seeing Vader on screen in the PT for any length of time will be far from disappointing.

And as for the surprise factor, for those who don't already know that Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader, I would be shocked if a brief and intercut image in the trailer's going to draw in the blanks for them.

FORCEOF1

3. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    exactly what im saying. its wrong to have a trailer with darth vader in there. 1.1/2 min long trailer and you get one minute of vader. the rest 30 seconds for the rest of the movie.

this is like saying that vader will be in the entire movie. and the critics will notice this. why show the best part of the film in the trailer when in the end you only have 2 mins max of vader. people are going to feel raped! thinking vader is in the film. when in reality he is only there in the end.

see where im coming from? COME ON LUCAS HIRE ME FOR YOUR MARKETING AGENT. TRUST ME ON THIS.

4. chitwood

chitwood TheForce.Net co-owner star 4 VIP

May 12, 1999
  5. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    Come on, Homeless... Vader was breathing in the AOTC teaser, was anyone disappointed that he wasn't in the movie?

RB

6. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    COME ON LUCAS HIRE ME FOR YOUR MARKETING AGENT. TRUST ME ON THIS.

Oh wow... Here we go with people posting up comments saying they could do better than Lucas...and yet they're sitting in front of a computer at 12:41 (PST) in the morning

7. Iwgmr

Iwgmr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 1999
    So this is the trailer we'll probablly see in March of 2005 not this falls teaser? I was very excited but I became suddenly silenced.

8. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    It's the teaser

9. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    Josh, the highlight-to-read thing is pre-highlighted. :)

RB

10. tDR

tDR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Import_Jedi haha

josh were you going to mention what the music was like?

11. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    RB yeah you are right. homeless was dissapointed. so dissapointed he killed himself.

import. seriously now. you want suspense in the trailer. the whole movie is how anakin becomes darth vader. and only in the end you see him waking up as vader. to show the end of the film in the trailer is disgusting.

there has to be a build up in the trailer to that scene. I could do better.

edit. i hope lucas and friends reads this and edits the trailer right. too much vader in there could ruin the expectations. people could assume that he has a big part in the film. remember a trailer is supposed to make you assume whats next. in this case, vader wakes up and the film ends. the strategy is wrong. fix it lucas.

12. ilmthx

ilmthx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2001
    Showing Vader in a trailer is no different a discipline than every other marketing firm uses on most films adverts; show the money shots.

Think about every movie trailer you have seen, especially for genre movies with special effects. The best shots and coolest images are usually found within. That's the whole point of a trailer. It usually gets people excited for the product they are trying to sell an audience that is not pre-sold; as in every one of us here in the forum.

13. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    Oh wow... Here we go with people posting up comments saying they could do better than Lucas...and yet they're sitting in front of a computer at 12:41 (PST) in the morning

Starwarsagent is the guy who claimed to have dated Natalie Portman, so take what he has to say with a grain of salt.

RB

14. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    and only in the end you see him waking up as vader. to show the end of the film in the trailer is disgusting.

It's not THE end of the film. The clueless moviegoing public still don't know who's born first...Luke or Leia? :p

And tDR, Josh mentioned the music on the TF.N page. The Imperial March figures prominently in the trailer

remember a trailer is supposed to make you assume whats next.

Dude, it's not as bad (or maybe it is, to folks like yourself) as comedy films. 90% of the time, they always show the funniest scenes of a comedy in the trailer. What do you have left? Absolutely nothing [face_plain]

15. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Thanks Josh and hopefully all will be well with you in the future.

Re: the trailer....not too happy about Vader already being shown so prominantely in the teaser. Although we knew Jim Ward said Vader would be shown quite a bit...seems like a slap in the fans that what is shown in the teaser will probably be 50% of all the Vader we get in the movie...and then there is the full trailer.

:(

16. futuote

futuote Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2004
    Reaction is running strong - We're famous!

I'm sure there'll be lots of people who see it when it opens who tell their friends at the water cooler that Vader's only in it a little at the end as a warning. Hopefully they won't add a "what a ripoff!" I doubt Lucas cares about that, as he should not.

Edit: SWAgent = HJ?

17. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    hahhahhahaha. RB you wont let it go will you ? thats for another thread. but yes we dated. so long ago. all I gotta say is that she is a beautiful, an interesting lady with a great sense of humor. and yes its all true.

cry! cry! cry! cause it wasnt you. hahahahhaah!

josh i like the reaction running strong comment. can you add something like. "SWA is running strong" too?

18. Knifeparty

Knifeparty Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    :D Sounds like a cool teaser, can't wait!

19. FORCEOF1

FORCEOF1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2004
    agent
    This is not like the shock or suspense of seeing the shark in Jaws for the first time, or even the aliens in Signs. We all know what Vader looks like. This is not the suspensful stuff in ROTS. It's smart to let the world know that this is the film where Vader's born. No if's an's or but's, if that's what you want to see, this is the film for you. I think it's quite smart of LFL.

FORCEOF1

20. Jedihillis

Jedihillis Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    :eek: I wasen't expecting this!!! Sweetness! This'll be a huge thread i'm sure. Your resigning Josh? :( Man, we'll miss you. It's been a fun ride.

Yeah, so, the trailer sounds sweet! Especially the beggining. I wonder if it'll have any pics of the duel, or, if they'll wait till the rull trailer next year? OMG, i'm so freakin' stoked! :D

21. hrishjedi

hrishjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Sounds awesome...

Definitely a better trailer than "Breathing" was for AoTC... more along the lines of the teaser for TPM.

Are we sure this is the teaser? (awful long for the first one!)

If it is, and it is 100 sec long, is LFL going for the one teaser/ one trailer approach like they did for TPM? (with maybe a bonus trailer for hyperspace?)

22. Razorback

Oct 2, 2001
    cry! cry! cry! cause it wasnt you. hahahahhaah!

:D

This guy is scary...

Anyway, I love how the teaser sounds.

RB

23. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    forceof1. see i think the opposite. i understand the cool factor about showing darth vader in there. but if i was to edit this trailer i would show anakin getting angry, then fighting obiwan, and then maybe falling off into lava. and that would be a cliffhanger. people would want to see what happens to anakin after he falls. because even tough people know he becomes darth vader they never knew how he was created, the location who and what was there. they didnt know the setting. now its being shown in the trailer. it looses the surprise . of what happens to anakin after he falls? where does he go? who is with him when he wakes up? stuff like that.

24. Kained-but-Able

Kained-but-Able Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2004
    Exciting news to Start the day!!

This trailer sounds pretty awesome, surprising it doesnt mention any shots of the Duel and instead chooses to show the ending of the movie. Personally I'd like to wait to see Vader in the theatre!

Anyone know the date the trailer will be on Hyperspace??

25. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    You know there is a shot from one of the Episode 2 webdocs that shows Padme in an outfit that has yet to be seen onscreen, and for that matter, any pictures whatsoever... i wonder if it was another scene filmed for this move, like the Homestead shot done in E2. I will find a screenshot and post it, but I wanted to say that this sure is cool!!! is this description from the Teaser due next month or is it from the full trailer?

With Josh leaving it begins the countdown for this whole magical saga to end. Not just the movies, but the whole online fandom part too... it's been fun!

back with a screen shot as soon as i can find it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.