main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Episode III Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Obviously the person who saw the trailer who told Josh about it was in the room during that screening that the OS is talking about.

2. SONOFJANGO

SONOFJANGO Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2002
    Just a few more weeks now. Hopefully.

3. sal9161

sal9161 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
    I agree Force_Wielder because this was most likey for last weeks meting at ilm.

4. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    (remember, they were working on the shots, but not the sound - "We've seen it, haven't we? We just finished those shots last week,")

Ofcourse. :oops: I need to get back into shape :-B

5. Sedious

Aug 31, 2002
    Okay thats it........I can't wait for the trailer any more. I'v slowly feel like I'm becomig psychotic. 8-} =P~

6. JediHPDrummer

JediHPDrummer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    The thing i don't understand about this "trailer" description is that it claims to have 100 seconds total with clips from the OT. And the Episode 3 footage comes 40 seconds in the trailer; thus the episode 3 footage is only 60 seconds.

In the new post notes on the OS, Lucas told the crew that they have 90 seconds of footage finished for episode 3.

90 Seconds vs. 60 seconds? This doesn't match the 60 seconds that josh described us. Also in the post notes, it didn't sound like they had any OT clips.

My opinion on josh's trailer is slim. But maybe somehow there is 90 seconds of ROTS footage in the trailer josh explained, and just 10 seconds of OT footage. Maybe the other 30 seconds comes from intercutting with the OT clips. I dont know, but this trailer josh is describing is not in enough detail to sway me.

All in all, I can wait 2 weeks when they post it on hyperspace. But let me tell you, those 2 weeks are going to be gut wrenching.

7. sal9161

Mar 9, 2004
    No josh said the fist part had clips of all the movie including Rots, and it about 100 seconds it could be more and 90 secons could be an round up.

8. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    or maybe there's more than ONE teaser.... =D=

9. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Come on people, do you think the spies who watched the trailer were looking at their stop watches and getting a precise time? ;)

10. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Come on people, do you think the spies who watched the trailer were looking at their stop watches and getting a precise time?

Of course they did!! :-B

11. JediHPDrummer

JediHPDrummer Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Good Point TheChosen1. :)
    And if there is ROTS footage in the beggining then it probably is the one josh is explaining. It's just that josh made the description a little vague. But Josh is probably telling the trutth because he did see Finsihed footage and that footage can only be seen and done by LFL. So i guess this implies josh did see it or maybe he just saw a trailer created by a guy who had finished footage.
    Which is probably not the case :)

12. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Did anyone read my reply?

It's obvious who leaked the description.

UKS

13. sal9161

Mar 9, 2004
    It is UkS?

14. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    uks - your only other post in this thread is:

JEJ probably hasn't even recorded his dialogue yet anyway.

Remember high pitched Padme from the TPM trailer?

UKS

are you suggesting JEJ leaked it? :p

15. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998

Actually you're right, I posted it in the Hyperspace "Welcome back, Matte" thread.

My Bad.

So Paul Ens wrote this piece mentioning the trailer and it's first appearance with music.

Funny that the description should leak to tf.n, Paul's former site, this very week.

UKS

16. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002

hmmm I read yesterday in one special movie SW edition magazine , And it had one picture of James Earl Jones and Vader standing next to each other and guess what was written under the pic , Both JEJ and Vader will return for episode 3 .....
    Doesnt mean much now ,but for those who still doubt JEJ involvment in episode 3 well their you have it .

17. sal9161

Mar 9, 2004
    Good point that would be a relible source. If so do you think LFL told him to?To create some hype?

18. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

Can someone pm me the most recent post notes with the trailer talk in it please? Websense is filtering the OS here. Ta.

19. RIPLEY426

RIPLEY426 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2003
    Why do I have to be a HYPERSPACE MEMBER to see the trailer elsewhere than in cinemas? You didn´t have to pay for the Episode 2 trailer, so why now`? It´s dumb. What makes Lucas more money:

a) selling the audition of the trailer
    b) showing it for free in order to lure MORE people to the acutal movie

?

20. Sedious

Aug 31, 2002
    RIPLEY it will be up on the site for free not long after its been on Hyperspace. So your okay there!! ;) ;) And www.comingsoon.net will deffenetly have it up as well as they allways have. So dont worry. You dont have to be a member of Hyperspace to see the trailer. The only payoff for us HS Members is that we might get to see it in higher ress a couple of days before the rest of you guys. Otherwise you can allways get from someone through msn messenger the same day as it appears on HS. ;) I'm sure someone will be happy to share it with you. ;) Stay in toutch. ;)

21. STRIKE

STRIKE Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2004
    "If it were on kazaa we would know. Think"

why do people have to be so rude? It really puts me off sometimes.

22. Jedihillis

Jedihillis Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    It's only a few weeks away! :D

23. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Why do I have to be a HYPERSPACE MEMBER to see the trailer elsewhere than in cinemas?

Hyperspace Members get an advanced showing because we're paying for Lucas's retirement fund. Those who aren't paying Lucas's retirement, must go to theator's and pay for the retirement fund of Ed Catmull, president of Pixar.

Or you can pay no one, and watch the teaser trailer for free on maybe Monday of the following week November 8th. Hopefully for you it will be available for free on starwars.com.

Of course if you want to watch the large version, you'll have to purchase Quicktime Pro and contribute to Steve Job's retirement fund.

Either way, they win and you lose.

24. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    It's only a few weeks away!

Probably less than 3 weeks, in fact.
    If we can assume the Nov 5th date is correct, then we have 18 days.

25. Sedious

Aug 31, 2002
    Okay I'm totaly straight loosing it now!! I cant wait any longer....... seriously, my stomach is like the day after heavly drinking .. I cant sleep at night and I'm constanly seeing an image of Anakin in a hood infront of me. [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] It needs to be released as sson as possible otherwise I'll end up like this. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.