main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Episode III Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midgetsforbreakfast

Midgetsforbreakfast Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I have a very strong "feeling" that the trailer will be available NEXT WEEK on 'Hyperspace'.

2. ben_07

ben_07 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002

Maybe even THIS FRIDAY, or HALLOWEEN!

3. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Youre right since that Jedi trials book will be realsed on tuesday might be that they realise it NEXT TUESDAY

4. Magic_Nose_Goblin

Magic_Nose_Goblin Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2004
    Is this thing going to be a full movie trailer or a short teaser like "Breathing" was to Attack of the Clones?

5. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Teaser Trailer , So yeah something like the breathing with a few shots here and their .

6. Semblance

Semblance Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2003
    Official announcement. Trailer in Hyperspace in the afternoon of November 4th:

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20041020.html

7. JMZ

JMZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2003
    *screams like a little girl*

FINALLY A CONFIRMATION!

*Edit: it's been five minutes since I clicked that link and this forum hasn't exploded yet.... eerie.

8. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    early afternoon!!!!!!!????

damn..what is early afternoon CA time??? what time do i need to be home from work!!

9. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    That is hilarious!

Oh man, the OS/HS is going to get blasted for this one.

RB

10. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    That link does not work for me but I will take your word for it.

Awesome.

11. sal9161

sal9161 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
  12. Darth_Ozzy

Darth_Ozzy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    BOOM ( this thread has now offically exploded... [face_laugh] )

that is some exciting news... and the first day its in theatres... MY BIRTHDAY!!!! cha ching! :D

13. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh man, the OS/HS is going to get blasted for this one.

we still technically get it first :p

14. sal9161

sal9161 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2004
    2 weeks!!!

15. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    I am happy we get it first before Access Hollywood airs it THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS.

Naberrie_SkyWalker this must be your favorite part of the article.

Members of starwars.com Hyperspace can see it before then as the full teaser will make its world-wide debut on starwars.com the early afternoon (U.S.) of November 4. This exclusive member-only preview will be in high-quality QuickTime format.

16. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
  17. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Jul 30, 2002
    Naberrie_SkyWalker this must be your favorite part of the article.

actually..no..my favorite part was the yumminess they had on the front page to announce it :D

18. papichulo

papichulo Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 2004
    This is the spoiler trailer description thread not the teaser description in general

19. Darth_Ozzy

Darth_Ozzy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    again i say... with all the stuff coming out tonight, i think were going to get something huge before its over....... [face_praying]

20. Lord_Satasn

Lord_Satasn Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2004
    Ok, I have a crazy Idea....has anyone read the Official Script By George Lucas? Has anyone seen the Film yet, and if so has anyone seen the scenes at the end of the movie?

...what if...Lucas Pulls a Twist that has nothing to do with the storyline but with misleading facts for over eager fans like you guys that have no life outside of star wars...I have followed the spoilers as well and I've had a theory based on different things Lucas has been saying, that Vader will have more than 2 minutes in the film...Spoilers said 5 minutes, which was balls, then 2 minutes, which is more balls, but I think he will have a longer scene in the movie than you guys think...and it will be very moving....and even if he's only in it for 5 minutes....WHO CARES ARE U FORGETTING ABOUT THE BAGILLION SABER DUELS THAT ARE GONNA BE IN THIS MOVIE, Including the Legendary Obi/Ani Duel? Stop complaining!

21. The_NecroJedi

The_NecroJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2004
    *The Saga is Complete*

*cries*

22. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    1) Why are they choosing to center the campaign around Suited Darth Vader when the dude is only in the film for 2 minutes?? It?s completely misleading.

The answer is MONEY. Lucas remembers the diminishing returns from the new Star Wars movies and wants as many butts in the seats on opening weekend as he can possibly get without giving away what he feels is too much. So what does he do? He throws casual audiences a bone. He shows them something that will get them excited. At least that is his calculus. The reason why the Yoda fight scene was shown early on with AOTC was because the film was dropping fast at the box office. That is the reason why IMO.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. bodhazaffa

bodhazaffa Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2004
    Is everyone forgetting the 12 minute Obi/Anakin fight sequence we've got to look forward to. I keep watching the Vader preview on the DVD just to see the fight moves. This for me is what I look forward to, getting to see what it takes for Anakin to become Vader.

I think the whole world and it's mother must know by now that Vader appears in Ep 3, so it's a no-brainer that it gets in the teaser. Everyone knows what Vader looks like already, it's not a giveaway nor a spoiler at all. Lucas probably only has it shown for a few seconds in the teaser, therefore it doesn't exactly give much away, but still enough of a glimpse to get every Star Wars fan chatting away for months about the topic.

I'm sure that what we get in the film itself will be a lot more, shame we probably won't get to see him on the rampage in that suit. I'd imagine the Jedi purge takes place pre-Vader suit.

From the description it sounds like we dont se Grevious either. From what I saw on the Clone Wars cartoons, he could be one bad mutha in the movie.

I like the idea of tying in the OT, using the Vader breathing in the "Breathing" trailer for AOTC was a masterstroke in itself. Vader didn't appear at all in that film, but the breathing gave a nod to the fans and in itself regained our focus on where Anakin was eventually heading to. We all know WHAT happens from the OT, what we really want is the HOW.

So my final point for you all to think of, firstly how many other films manage to get this much interest without anything actually being seen? And how many other teaser trailers could be shown 6 months before the films due to be released? I for one, could only imagine the Lord of the Rings had that level of hype attached to it, and even that was nowhere near this.

Remember, "The power to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the Force".

24. Jedi_Emulator

Jedi_Emulator Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2004
    And I quote Mr. Montgomery Burns from The Simpsons....

"Excellent...."

Do you guys think Hyperspace will really put it out where people that aren't members will be able to grab it for free? Seems pretty farfetched to me. I assume that everyone will go to see The Incredibles[i/] Man that movie will gross about 100 million from just people that go on this site alone. What a lucky movie. And like Disney doesn't need any more money...

25. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    Help! I've been away....when can I see this trailer????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.