main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Episode III Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kained-but-Able

Kained-but-Able Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2004
    If so, NOVEMBER 11th is the day of reckoning people :)

2. Blue_Harvest_1983

Blue_Harvest_1983 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 29, 2003
    If so, NOVEMBER 11th is the day of reckoning people

Psst. November 5th!

3. Kained-but-Able

Feb 12, 2004
    My bad, thats even better!! :)

4. Bad_Feeling

Bad_Feeling Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    This is awesome... =P~

5. jasperjones

jasperjones Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Cheers, force online. And Darth Punk I see what you're saying but showing Vader is the best way to get your average Joe interested in seeing this film. The originals are still looked on with great fondness whereas it's becoming very fashionable for the media to slate the prequels. By focussing on the links with the OT and the Vader the marketing people are saying that this film is classic starwars, the film and story we've been waiting for. Once they're in the theatres it doesn't really matter because, hopefully they've made a strong film and as Mecha pointed out, how long Vader is onscreen in his armour for is not what is going to break the film. This trailer is the best approach to get people who aren't convinced by the prequels or who think SW has gone downhill that they should go and see this film. Everybody else(i.e people like us) are already going. We'd go and see the film whether or not they released a trailer at all so it doesn't really matter what we think.

6. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I know it might be late to bring this up but like i said before whoever is running things over there at lucasfilm LTD. has messed up by putting vader in the trailer. now people gonna think he's in the entire movie. false advertisement.
    I liked the idea of having young anakin(jake lloyd) in this trailer.

my ideal ROTS trailer would go like this. I know you are going to like this. I edit films.

FADE (Across the stars music)
    it would start by showing anakin racing on tattoine. 10sec.

V.O

"He was the best star pilot in the galaxy" Obi wan.

then cut off to the chase in AOTC. very fast images here. movement. 10 sec.

V.O

"And he was a good friend" Obi wan.

here it would cut to anakin getting married and kissing padme. footage from AOTC. 8sec.

FADE

.next would be to show anakin and padme in ep3 having a discussion.15 sec.
    .then some flashes of the coruscant space war.13sec.
    .some wookies screaming.15sec.

FADE

C3PO in new suit.4 sec.
    chewbacca running.7 sec.

V.O

"he ceased to be anakin skywalker and became darth vader" Obi wan. (imperial march music here)

.duel footage.20 sec.
    .anakin hanging from a cliff.4 sec.

fade. end of music.

breathing sound.

Revenge of the Sith.
    Coming May 2005.

7. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    This trailer sounds great, and very dark! :D :cool:

8. Kained-but-Able

Feb 12, 2004
    Your ideas are cool starwarsagent but keep in mind this a teaser trailer, will be quickly edited as to not reveal much and will not be of the length you describe in your attempt.

9. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Wellity wellity. That's far more upfront than I was expecting to be honest. I was hoping for subtle, but it seems we've got unabashed self confidence... I suppose that can only bode well for the finished product!!! :)

10. Sedious

Sedious Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2002
    I dont like the idea of shots from various Star Wars episodes. It should be only ROTS footage .. but as long as it dosnt continue through out the rest of the teaser I guess I can live with it. ;) :D

11. Phoenix_Flame

Phoenix_Flame Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2003
    sorry starwarsagent, but I think the key thing is not that anakin went into some lava and became darth vader, but rather that anakin took the quick and easy path and was seduced by the power of the darkside.

12. Darth_Oracle

Darth_Oracle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Darth_Punk - I know, that's where I screen caped it from... lol. Thanks for the help in any case!

In any case, Suited Vader should be in the film for more than a cameo. I am not getting my heart set on how long he is in the film either way, but I sure hope it beats a cameo... And I hope he kills at least 1 person in the suit! There's gotta be a reason he gets a reputation in the OT; a reason why people pretend they are not looking until he is safely outta sight, and then run as fast as they can... Sure don't know WHAT Motti was thinking... He must not have gotten the memo...

Tha teaser sounds awesome tho.

13. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Meh. Not happy about seeing Vader in the teaser. With so little of him in the movie...that one brief moment we get of Vader in the movie is gonna be spoiled and wasted.

Jim Ward should be shot. Well...at least have some rocks and tomatoes thrown at him.

Sorry...just not happy about this, even though it was kinda expected.

Guess all they care about now are money shots and getting asses in the seats...quality has gone straight out the window since they know its the last SW movie.

14. Kained-but-Able

Feb 12, 2004
    Hmmm Chains eh- What are the bets Vader breaks free of these when he spazzes out

15. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Jim Ward should be shot

agreed.

jim call me. I can help.

16. BlueWings

BlueWings Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    The teaser is not designed for the spoiler-junkies here on the board... It is designed for the average joe, movie goer.

Vader has to be in that teaser if you are going to strike up interest and demand for this movie. How many people knew (apart from hardcore fans here and elsewhere) that Vader would be making an appearance??

That is why the Vader doc is on the DVDs and he graces the teaser.

You have to realise that this teaser is NOT for the over-informed spoiler-rati of the Internet(s). :)

17. nexius98

nexius98 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2004
    So is Nov 5th definetly the day the teaser is released????

18. Starwars_1977-1983

Starwars_1977-1983 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2004
    What's cool about EpIII (if the movie is good) is to see Anakin become Vader, Palpatine become Emperor, and the Jedi become extinct.

It's not just actually seeing Vader in his suit.

I don't think it is a mistake to show ROTS Vader that early.
    I disagree with almost any decision made by Lucasfilm eversince 1983, but I have no problem with this teaser.

Everybody knows there's gonna be Vader in it.
    Everybody knows what he looks like : people have seen the OT, and even the making of the ROTS suit and helmet on the OT DVD bonus disk.
    It's no more a secret.

Most exciting teaser since the old OT days.

I hope the movie will be half as exciting ... I still have my doubts.

19. Kained-but-Able

Feb 12, 2004
    Definately Maybe, if its attached to The Incredibles then yes.

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Hey great stuff! I love the fact they are pushing the Birth of Vader aspect. I also think that showing scene's and hearing lines from the previous 5 films is a masterstroke. It will bering hom to people that THIS is the one! This is the movie that we've been waiting for. This is the film that finally, after 30 years, closes the circle.

Sorry to hear about Josh going, though. Surely he can stay on just a few more months until May? :_|

21. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Lucas is a shrewd businessman. He's showing the crucial parts of the film early to generate enough hype.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. nexius98

nexius98 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2004
    for everyone to understand what the hell is going on it's good that they have put the voice of obiwan connected to it... then im sure people (*non hardcore fans) will probably know then whats going on and be able to follow it more!

23. Motee

Motee Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2003
    LEIA
    I'm surprised TFN had the courage to post this themselves.

24. link80

link80 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2003
    The originals are still looked on with great fondness whereas it's becoming very fashionable for the media to slate the prequels. By focussing on the links with the OT and the Vader the marketing people are saying that this film is classic starwars, the film and story we've been waiting for.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    That 's really the point.
    This links are made IMHO to make long lost SW fans to come to the cinemas...call them how you like it,nostalgic fans,PT bashers or not...

Secondly:it was way easy to predict they 'd use Vader to "sell" ep3 to the mass market,logical , obvious.
    What many suppose is that Vader rising will be the final moments of the film or at least the ending climax...what about GL and his crew having something else hidden in store ?What about Vader screen time ?
    Who can say it won't be worth ?
    Also Vader on trailer doesn 't mean Vader for all the movie...and won 't be a critized IMHO by the critics...

25. robbie_20002002

robbie_20002002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2004
    Really awesome. Shame the day has been ruined by other news. Sorry to hear that you're going Josh. I'd like to say that this place has been my first port of call for anything SW related for the last 7 or so years. Thanks for creating a wonderful site and for feeding my SW addiction on a regular basis. Good luck with the future.

Robbie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.