SPY REPORT: Episode III Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Joshua Griffin, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DukeNukem Jedi Master

star 4
    officially and legally, from november 4th on hyperspace (and a show called "Access Hollywood" if you happen to live in the states). from november 5th before a film called "the incredibles" (again, if you happen to live in the states) and november 8th on starwars.com
  2. Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    in other words....Nov 4th..as I give it about 10 minutes after its released to HS to be on bit torrent or some such ...lol
  3. Darthsuggs Force Ghost

star 4
  4. anakinsrightarm Jedi Knight

star 3
    A poster at milleniumfalcon.com saw the trailer....much of what we already know, but nice to get reaction....

My birthday was last thursday and my uncle was invited to a special presentation to occur today in Toronto. He usually takes me to these things as they are usually sneak previews to movies, so I thought I was going to see a sneak of Alexander or the Incredibles. Instead it was a presentation which showed off a new DLP system that famous players theatres here in Canada will be using. They played some footage from the Trilogy DVD to show off the sound and picture quality. After 40 minutes, the screen went black and I thought the show was over, then:

20th Century Fox

Lucasfilm Ltd. Production

The Force is what gives a jedi his power, it's an energy field created by all living things, it surrounds us and penetrates us...it binds the galaxy together.

For over a thousand Generations the Jedi knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy...before the dark times...before the empire.

A young Jedi named Darth Vader., helped the empire hunt down and destroy the jedi knights.

Vader was seduced by the Dark side of the force.

cut to Mustafar

"Lord Vader..."

"Yes, master..."

"Riiise"

(quick edits)

Kashyyyk
    Coruscant
    Space battle
    Federation Ship
    Utapau
    Lightsaber fight
    Speeder zooming
    Troopers

...other stuff...

THE SAGA IS COMPLETE

Wow. I couldn't breath for the entire time.
  5. foxphantom Jedi Padawan

From my previous new thread...

First Glimpse of Sidious in Teaser Trailer

Perhaps those who have seen the teaser didn't notice this, or saw an earlier cut, but Sidious is in the teaser, wielding a red lightsaber on what looks like a narrow walkway in a huge chamber. He swings his saber towards camera, and as he does so, we see his face emerge from behind his hood.

He looks positivly evil, like something out of a nightmare, barring his teeth (although it looks like most are missing), and, well, there is an anger, a rage in that split second image that says almost all there is to say about the Dark Side. After I watched the teaser, it was this image that stuck in my mind more than any other. The one that summed up the dread that pervaded the entire teaser.
  6. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Space battle
    Federation Ship
    Utapau
    Lightsaber fight

io23hr2y4r783y4873y4t, among others.
  7. AL Chosen One

star 5

What was the music for the trailer?
  8. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    PM me the theater name, location and phone number and I will ask them if they showed it.

I've never seen a trailer attatched to a sneak film and I am a projectionist.

9. Panakas_Dawg Force Ghost

star 5
    It wasn't a sneak he saw, it was a presentation which showed off a new DLP system .

Just some theater showing off their system. Does Lucasfilm know the teaser was played there? They may not be happy to find out it was shown...
  10. Razorback Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Just tell us what music was used in the trailer.

RB
  11. AL Chosen One

star 5

Yes. Yes. To Razorback you listen.
  12. anakinsrightarm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, I'm just reporting what I heard from M'falcon.com. I'm not claiming to verify whether he was there or not...
  13. AL Chosen One

star 5

Surely the guy must have some more details if he is a frequenter of Star Wars boards.

And don't call me Shirley.
  14. anakinsrightarm Jedi Knight

star 3
    He didn't mention the music. I just lurk there...not a member. But I'll read up and see if it's mentioned and post what I find. Good question. :)
  15. anakinsrightarm Jedi Knight

star 3
    Here's that link, if you want to monitor yourself.

http://www.millenniumfalcon.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2136
  16. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anakinsrightarm, I wasn't talking to you. Foxphantom says he's seen it and I know he hasn't.

If it was a presentation for a DLP system he shouldn't have any problem remembering which theater and which town it was in.

I'm sure that if he's seen it he would have no problem letting us check out if he's serious.

17. anakinsrightarm Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wasn't talking to you

Ok....I gotcha. :) Thanks for the clarification.
  18. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  19. Panakas_Dawg Force Ghost

star 5
    Well, the guy at MF.com says he saw it at a theater showing off its new DLP stuff.

The other person, here on JCC (FoxPhantom), provides *zero* corroborative proof that he's seen it. Not even the circumstances in which he saw it.

The MF.com guy is probably right - but I still think LFL should know a theater was showing the teaser ahead of schedule. It doesn't add more than we already knew, but it at least matches.

FoxPhantom has no other tidbits. A great, revealing detail like this and nothing else? Surely there would be more details that stuck in his mind (for a week after the TPM teaser I could recall 3 disctinct detailed images that impressed upon me the uter coolness of the teaser...and not in this kind of detail either).

Another aspect that the authenticity of this is fake is the level of detail. Like he had a notepad in the theater, but yet only transcribed this one moment.

Now, perhaps we have some lucky Hollywood stooge wo saw some footage and this is stuff from the film itself. Who knows? It doesn't jibe with what we know about the teaser.
  20. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, the guy at MF.com says he saw it at a theater showing off its new DLP stuff.

Yet he won't give us which theater in which town so we can find out. How convenient.

21. Winterfrost Jedi Knight

star 2
    EDIT: My apologies. Wrong description. :)
  22. odj_310388 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He said it was in Toronto.
  23. Panakas_Dawg Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah - both are probably fake, but the MF.com one at least knows how to fake a report and make it conform to known info.

I haven't been over to MF.com yet to see if others are asking these questions and if he's responded. It'd be nice to have a theater name.

I mean, I live in Austin, Texas, which hosts the SXSW film festival and is home to Harry Knowles of AICN. I could just as easily make it sound like *I* saw the teaser by reposting what Josh told us and adding in some random detail, along with commentary like, "It rawks!" ;) And there'd be nothing to undermine it - except fessing up the circumstances where I saw it.

So, I say bogus to both, but again, at least the MF.com post conforms with what we know - so it may gain credence if further info is provided.
  24. imperial_dork Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Since at least one person was looking for a number..

I found this DLP-equipped theater by doing a quick Google search:

Famous Players Colossus - Toronto
    3555 Highway 7 West
    Woodbridge, Ontario L4L 9H4
    (905) 851-4994

Source: www.dlp.com

<--Bored at work. :p

25. Helmet Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    There are 5 of those theaters in Toronto. Find out which one and I will call them.

I'm not going to call every theater, if we find the exact one I will. I can't waste money like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.