main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: Episode III Trailer Description

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    5, huh? Google has failed me. *shakes fist*

2. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    http://www.famousplayers.com/theatres/fp_theatre_listings.asp?citydesc=Toronto&provdesc=Ontario&province=7FE2B2F8-2044-47A7-9FE2-0205993AFDBB&city=Toronto&brand=-1

3. Winterfrost

Winterfrost Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2003
    I think we're getting the descriptions confused (as I did). It was the MF guy who said that he was at a Famous Players theatre in Toronto.

I don't think foxphantom said anything about where he saw his Evil Palpatine tidbit.

4. DarthBorgh

DarthBorgh Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    PM me the theater name, location and phone number and I will ask them if they showed it.

I've never seen a trailer attatched to a sneak film and I am a projectionist.

they are.. I have been to MANY sneaks (as part of a year long promotion that a local radio station does) and some (not all) have most definitely had trailers/teasers attached to the prints.

it is VERY obvious also.. you are seeing a Fox movie and a fox teaser comes up, etc. it is usually only one though I seem to remember there being times were we got 2 or 3.. could be wrong on that though.

5. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Winterfrost is right.

FoxPhantom = dismissed as bogus because of complete lack of proof

MF.com = the poster sounds reliable, doesn't really add to what we already know, but it matches

We just need verification that the theater the poster at MF.com claims showed the teaser actually did.

6. Helmet

Nov 1, 2001
    I have been to MANY sneaks (as part of a year long promotion that a local radio station does) and some (not all) have most definitely had trailers/teasers attached to the prints.

I never said they don't always have trailers. They are always trailers for that company that we are already showing. We have never been sent a specific trailer for a certain film. We've been told which one to play, but were never sent one. I work at a 22 screen Regal Cinema and we get every sneak.

I don't think foxphantom said anything about where he saw his Evil Palpatine tidbit.

That's correct, he didn't.

7. DarthBorgh

Apr 24, 2002
    ok.. sorry..

although to clarify slightly, most of the time the trailers are brand new ones that aren't showing yet.

the most recent one I can remember is the new Spongebob trailer that premiered before sky captain (with the cheeseburger). I had never seen that one and all of the sudden sky captain releases like two weeks later and you see it everywhere.

8. DarthRonin1976

DarthRonin1976 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, Texas in the hizzlle!!

Sorry, Texas pride and all. What's up there, PanakasDawg?

9. Helmet

Nov 1, 2001
  10. DarthBorgh

Apr 24, 2002
    umm... that's not the cheeseburger trailer. hence "the cheeseburger trailer was attached".

11. anakinsrightarm

anakinsrightarm Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    I joined over there & PM'd the poster and asked about the score. :) We'll see what he says. ;)

12. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Austin, Texas in the hizzlle!!

Nute Gunray: "Now there are *two* of them." ;)

I hear ya, DarthRonin. I am busily slaving away for The Man, posting about Star Wars theories on company time. Yay! :)

I hope all Austinites on the forum go to the same midnight showing for ROTS in May - maybe we can all yell, "Josh!" as each of his spy reports proves true. ;)

13. anakinsrightarm

Nov 21, 2002
    OK, here's more of what the fellow at milleniumfalcon.com had to say about the teaser:

to answer some of the questions here at once...

Some images I remember CLEARLY are space battle shots and the crashing starship. I remember the Yoda character shot very well...looks a bit more like ESB yoda. compare it to the closeup shot of Yoda in ESB where he says "take you too him I will"

The wookie shot looked awesome, stood out in my mind like the clones marching up the ramp from AOTC.

It's all pretty fast, you see anakin a few times, Bail, Palpatine.

You do not see vader with a lightsaber, but I'm sure you see Anakin with one, the images flew by though and I couldn't really absorb anything except the landmarks.

the imperial march was there, I wanna say Sidious's theme was too but i'm not ENTIRELY sure....the first time I saw TPM trailer, i couldn't remember the tracks used either, but I would the next time around. The force theme is used...that's all I can recall on that front.

anything else?

14. anakinsrightarm

Nov 21, 2002
    mf.com poster further says that the Vader voice in the trailer is James Earl Jones:

To answer the post above, the best way to desribe it is a bunch of wookies preparing for battle on a platform, think about the shot of the gungans in the first episode 1 trailer behind their backs waitinf for the battle droids to approach and you'll get the idea a little better. It looked really, really cool.

the Vader line is JEJ. there were rumours floating around that the voice would be an amalgamation of Hayden and JEJ...not true. It's all JEJ.

It's a very return of the jedi sounding voice.

15. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Hmmm....dangerous and disturbing this puzzle is.

Sounds legit to me, but I'm not gonna bake a cake for the occassion. Just sounds like it could be legit.

Hmmmm

16. anakinsrightarm

Nov 21, 2002
    I suppose we'll see soon enough. :) Just thought I'd share.

There's a bit about the score in the trailer a few posts up too...since that's been asked about.

17. foxphantom

foxphantom Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2004
    I did not see the trailer in a theater.

I was able to see it multiple times in a span of about 10 minutes.

This description does not "go against everything the teaser spoilers have said" as I have not seen one description that doesn't admit to not remember every detail in it.

I'm not going to argue about this small detail that you'll all see in a little over a week, but when you see that foxphantasam does not = bogus, keep my name in mind because I will have access to more spoilers as we get closer to the release.

At any rate, the reason I posted about the image in the first place was because of how much it did stick in my mind. Sidious doesn't just look "kind of evil" or like "sort of a bad guy" in this shot, he looked to me like the dark side incarnate, full of anger, with an animalistic ferocity behind him. Later, when I read Josh the Facts for the first time, and heard him talking about the emperor, his description resonated perfectly with that one small shot. It gave me chills when I saw it. When you see the trailer next week, you'll understand.

And by the way, the shot with the wookies sucked, I pray it looks better in the final cut.

18. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    What was bad about the wookie shot? Does the background look fake?

19. foxphantom

Oct 26, 2004
    Weirdly enough, when I first saw it I thought the wookies in the background looked fake (ie digital wookies) but thinking about it now, I think it may just be the fake background and (I hate to say it) lame extras acting (think the crowd cheering scene from the pod race) that made me think the wookies were fake too.

I should note that this was the ONLY think that bugged me in the teaser, and I may be being overly critical because I want anything to do with wookies to completly rock. (please god lucas don't make wookies lame)

20. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Thanks. About how many wookies look to be in the shot? What does the background look like?

21. Duke_Jive_Talker

Duke_Jive_Talker Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2004
    I live in Toronto, so I'll give the theatres a call tomorrow to check. I actually went to see AOTC in the theatre in Woodbrige when it came out. I'm not sure what DLP is but I remember when AOTC came out there were only 5 theatres in the Greater Toronto Area that had the sound system or screen that GL had meant for the movie to be seen on. That's why I went to that particular theatre.

But I'll warn you upfront, most of these theatres have voice automated answering systems. But I'll waste my time and give it a shot...

22. Estranged

Estranged Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2001
    Someone posted a shot of Sidious? Where?

23. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Interesting..does anyone know this guy well enough to say that he's legit?

24. Jedihillis

Jedihillis Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2003
    Bah. Less than a week away. I need this trailer pronto!

25. foxphantom

Oct 26, 2004
    Obi-wan2001,

There was one wookie in front (who may have been Chewie, seriously there is so much going on in this trailer, having it in quicktime with the ability to look at each of the quick shots paused is gonna be the only way you can process everything, when you see it "live" half the time you're thinking about some increadibly cool shot you just saw and half miss the next one) with maybe 5-7 behind him. The background was a weird shade of light blue, so I assume they were being shot against the sky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.