main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: There is Another

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>Send Darth_Poutine a PM and ask him what his theories are on Padme. Pretty interesting.

With all due respect, Undo. Thanks. But no thanks.

Interesting it may be.

Hogwash it most definitely is.

-JR :)

2. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>The (wrong) thinking is that:
    1. Obi Wan expressed mistrust of politicos in AOTC when talking about Padme
    2. The wording in the caption and title is not gender-specific and very vague
    3. "Up Thier Sleeve" = hidden
    4. The disassembled saber doesn't look like Sidious'

Now, some of us think Palpidious is evil enough to hide a spare saber up his sleeve and either whips it out, or gives it to Anakin, so he'll have his first red saber.

Or it could just be that the disassembled saber doesn't look like Sidious' BECAUSE it is disassembled.

And in actual fact it is Sidious' Ligthsaber.

And in actual fact Padme is not a Sith.

3. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Nah, the emitter is entirely different.

4. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Undomiel, how is picking a lock, scaling a totem pole, firing a blaster, and jumping up after falling onto the desert sand considered "Jedi levels" of combat and expertise?

It's so Lucas can have a strong female character, like Leia. And today's audiences wanna see butt-kicking on a different level than in the SW OT days. Next, we'll be saying that Leia could choke Jabba because of her Jedi skills rather than just her strength and ability.

Padme left Jar Jar "Mesa Clumsy" Binks in charge, because he is part of her delegation and is now a confidant. She trusted him, and he dropped the ball.

So, after the assassination attempt, are we saying that Padme fingered Dooku so that he could be eliminated so she could assume her rightful place at the side of her Master, Darth Sidious?

That is "Darth Preposterous."

AOTC is the "let's show some babe-age in the PT" film. Like Leia in her metal bikini, Padme wears her sexy black outfit and runs around, midriff exposed on Geonosis - to make 10-40 year old guys go, "Mesa want."

If Padme is this covert Agent of Evil, she's doing a very very crappy job of it.

So, if she is a Sith...and now Anakin is...then does Sithness get passed along in genes? Now, Luke and Leia are Sith and that's why Vader and the Emperor want to collect the Skywalker clan? For a Sith family reunion?

"At straws you grasp."

So what's her Sith name? Darth Moodswing? No - Darth Mater, so it's like "mother" and relates to "father."

5. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Or it could just be that the disassembled saber doesn't look like Sidious' BECAUSE it is disassembled

That's what I thought, but it is admitedly too hard to tell, imo. And it just doesn't look...the same, you know?

Oh well - this is a moot point as it's not Padme's.

Sidious: "Riiiiise."

6. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    You said:

So, after the assassination attempt, are we saying that Padme fingered Dooku so that he could be eliminated so she could assume her rightful place at the side of her Master, Darth Sidious?

My reply:

Well I'm certainly glad you brought this up. No, but I think it's odd that she suspects Dooku when none of the jedi do. Perhaps at that point, she's just a potential. And when Anakin and Obi off Dooku, she becomes a fully fledged sith until she dies and Anakin then becomes Vader or something to that effect.

I dunno! I'm making this up as I go along.

7. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    Yesterday's menu: Yoda is a Sith

Today's menu: Padme is a Sith

So what's on for tomorrow? Bail is a Sith?

This thread has seriously derailed.

I dunno! I'm making this up as I go along.

That, sir, is quite obvious.

8. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>Consider "The Scene that Explains it All." Perfect time for the "Up My Sleeve," scenario. It will explain all the silly junk, like why Padme would elect Jar Jar to take her place right before Palpy needs his emergency powers. Why she just happens to be as good at defending herself in the Geonosian arena as Anakin and Obi. (I mean, the girl is an athlete on the level of a jedi without any training?). Why she wears that extremely sexy BLACK leather thing (more foreshadowing) in the fireplace scene and then turns him down. Gads, there's alot more but I can't tell you. I have to leave that up to Darth_Poutine. He's got some real gems.

Undo, "The Scene that Explains it All" is the scene in which Padme will explain to Obi-Wan that she is pregnant and that Anakin and she are married.

Padme will not be pulling a lightsaber from up her sleeve, because the Politician Obi-Wan was right not to trust, was Palpatine. Because the disassembled Lightsaber belongs to Sidious.

She elects Jar Jar to take her place right before Palpy needs his emergency powers, because Jar Jar is a trusted confident. He makes a mistake. But the Jedi are right there with him when he does, you know.

The reason she is so good at defending herself is because she is slightly Force-Sensitive. There was a line in the original script of AOTC where Yoda said something along the lines of "The Force is strong with you Senator", but Lucas chose to drop it. She is also good at defending herself because she is a Senator whose life is under threat, and she has no doubt had some training because of this. Oh and also she is a hero in a SW movie.

She wears that sexy black thing in the fireplace scene because she is falling in love with Anakin, and part of her wants to attract him. She is conflicted in her views though, and rejects him the first time. Note that she then MARRIES him.

Padme is NOT a Sith.

9. Hartter

Hartter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 9, 2004
    She's not a Sith...she's a MILF!

10. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Binks: "Ah! Mesa fooling all of you! Mesa no clumsy...mesa bombad evil with muy muy Dark Side powers! Mesa Sith! Bwahahahaha...yousa people gonna die!!!" (force lightning erupts)

11. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>That's what I thought, but it is admitedly too hard to tell, imo. And it just doesn't look...the same, you know?

Then you were right, my friend. Because the disassembled Lightsaber belongs to Sidious.

It is hard to tell because it is disassembled.

Padme is NOT a Sith.

12. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Handmaiden,

"That, sir, is quite obvious."

(that, ma'am, is quite obvious. :D)

OBIJR,

Well if you say so. I'd much rather it NOT be true. It seems completely out of character for Padme, but when I think about how Palpatine manages to pull off the innocent demeanor for so long, it wouldn't surprise me if we suddenly saw a different side to her as well. Personally, I thought their relationship was intense. Perhaps too intense. But that might just be because Anakin is so intense.

13. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Obiwan Jr, thanks for posting that bit from the script about Padme being force-sensitive. I forgot about that.

14. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Panaka's Dawg,

That doesn't help your argument though, as being force sensitive is a pre-requisite to being a sith.

15. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>It seems completely out of character for Padme, but when I think about how Palpatine manages to pull off the innocent demeanor for so long, it wouldn't surprise me if we suddenly saw a different side to her as well.

It wouldn't surprise you if she was a Sith? I would think about that statement again, my friend.

It would cheapen everything that Leia says in ROTJ when she is remembering her mother.

And what in Gods name, pray tell, would it bring to the story of SW, that would make it in any way, shape, or form, BETTER.

I shall tell you what - NOTHING. That is what.

Padme is NOT a Sith.

16. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    That's exactly how I felt about the possibility of Vader being Luke's dad. I was completely against the idea and thought it was just all kinds of crazy.

17. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>That doesn't help your argument though, as being force sensitive is a pre-requisite to being a sith.

Yes, I was well aware that I was opening THAT can of worms when I posted it, Undo.

BUT.

It does not prove that she is a Sith. It merely gives you a reason as to why she is so athletic in the Geonosian arena. Something that was being used as evidence that she is a Sith.

All it proves is that she is slightly Force sensitive.

Padme is NOT a Sith.

18. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    This is my 1,002 post.

It is being used to defend that Padme is not a Sith.

I was simply thanking ObiWan Jr for posting that the bit was edited out, because it adds to the discussion overall. However, he and I are in agreement that Padme's Sithness is non-existant. As well as Handmaiden and a host of others.

I would buy Mace as a Sith before I would either Yoda or Padme.

Next, someone will say Clegg Lars was a Sith because he let Anakin's mother die. or Owen Lars - who wanted to keep Luke at home and away from Kenobi.

To be a suspect, we must have Means, Motive, Opportunity.

I will grant you Opportunity. Motives? What possible motivation could she have, when Palps has been grooming Anakin for years?

Means? No. She is not a Force-user. Lucas decided against it.

On to the next suspect...

19. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>That's exactly how I felt about the possibility of Vader being Luke's dad. I was completely against the idea and thought it was just all kinds of crazy.

But ask yourself this: Did it make the story of SW better?

Answer: YES. Infinitely.

Will Padme being revealed as a Sith ADD anything to the story of SW? Or will it merely cheapen it, and Leia's memories of her mother?

Answers on a postcard please.

Padme is NOT a Sith.

20. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    I haven't the foggiest what the motive might be. I do remember, however, that Leia became a potential student for both jedi and sith, the moment the possibility existed that Luke would fail.

I gotta admit, it sounds crazy. It would ruin the love thingy they got going, but it would also clear up some equally strange things in the plot.

21. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    To get back on track:

So, will Palps freely offer Anakin Sith history 101 about Plagueis (like, "Now your full training shall begin")...or does Anakin ask for instruction in the Deeper Mysteries after watching Mace get a hot lightning injection?

I think it would be telling if, after the Mace duel (and this is when I think the Sith History stuff happens) Anakin asks Palps about how he learned and how powerful he really is - it shows Anakin's greed and hunger.

And it gives a chance for Palps to flash that innocent, "Who, me?" smile he gives.

22. OBIWAN-JR

Oct 25, 2002
    >>>>I was simply thanking ObiWan Jr for posting that the bit was edited out, because it adds to the discussion overall.

And you are very welcome, Dawg. :)

>>>>However, he and I are in agreement that Padme's Sithness is non-existant. As well as Handmaiden and a host of others.

We are indeed in absolute accord.

>>>>I would buy Mace as a Sith before I would either Yoda or Padme.

Although here, I must disagree, my friend. As I do not buy Mace as a Sith either.

I think I have said all I need to say on the matter of Padme's potential 'Sithness'. I agree with your hinted-at point, Dawg. This is a waste of my posting time.

I may however, come back to have a little chip at ST's theory of Yoda being a Sith.

;)

Padme is NOT a Sith.

23. DarthKyrinic

DarthKyrinic Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2004
    Lmao Jar Jar was chosen to take her place because HE WAS ALSO SENATOR/REPRESENTATIVE FROM NABOO. Padme represented the Humans of Naboo, and Jar Jar represented the Gungans.

PRetty funny though that someone actually tried tying Jar Jar to sith motives lmao.

24. Palps_minime

Palps_minime Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 2004
    we'll have no more of these ludicris ideas!

Fact is, that Yoda is padme and Jabas love child!

25. Superlaser

Superlaser Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2004
    How about this:

Palpy reveals that he learned the Sith "eternal life" trick directly from Darth Plagueis!

He was Plagueis's apprentice a few centuries back, learned the secret, and killed Plagueis because he had lost power from staying alive for so long. (I think that we will discover that, compared to ROTS, Palpy was weaker in ROTJ because of the energy used to prolong his life.) Palpy reveals this to Anakin in the frieze, which would include a depiction of Palpy himself!

Plagueis could still have a Vader-like mask which he used to hide his deteriorating physical appearance (another theorized side-effect of prolonging one's life through the Dark Side) and that Palpy took as a trophy after killing him; thus, it is still around for Vader.

A little out there, but not as bad as Yoda and Padme as Sith, right???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.