main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: There is Another

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob100

bob100 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2004
    ok guys, i apologize if i'm not exatly kept up on this thread yet but i dont wanna have to read 50 pages. Can anyone tell me if we know the name of the new Darth yet?

2. MasterJedi-Mackey

MasterJedi-Mackey Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    Wonderful thread.

Glad to see that this information is finally coming out. It had been hinted at for so long. Now we see if it matches its potential.

Great job Joshua.

3. Sith Interceptor

Sith Interceptor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 1999
    of course, not a problem.

He's name's Yoda. :)

4. Siva-H-Vishnu

Siva-H-Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2004
    First of all anyone who spends a lot of time on these boards means they really enjoy not only the films but the fantasy that drives them and anyone who believes that Yoda was once a Sith has clearly gotten lost in the excitement of the last film. George has said numerous times that he used Dooku to show that a Jedi could go over to the Dark Side but set it up where Anakin was the first to ever successfully come back again. There's no way he'd allow the greatest Jedi of both trilogies to be tarnished by throwing in this bogus business about him previously being a Sith. That monkeywrench would just be too big for the gears to just glide over while keeping episodes 1-3 attached to 4-6 believably.

And once again I'd like to say how much I love the idea of at least learning the name of one who came before Sidious. Be it the first Sith Lord or the one who trained him I'd like something canon on the record to help tie things together. Heck, this new guy could inspire another trilogy somehow but I wouldn't hold my breath.

5. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999
    Looking at the times in which we posted, I'll assume you're not referring to me.

6. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    The Journal of the Whills is mentioned in ROTS? I thought that was an abandoned concept?

Hmmmm.

[face_plain]

7. illuminati_jedi

illuminati_jedi Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2004
    Wow, another Darth?! This is interesting news!

However, I agree, it is not General Greivous.

General Greivous is NOT a Force User, however, he sure does use force!

I also love how George Lucas is recycling his old material, ie: Journal of the Whills.

8. Sith Interceptor

Dec 22, 1999

a lot of stuff in the PT is abandoned concepts. Nothing new here for Lucas to revisit old ideas.

9. DarthBlanco

DarthBlanco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    I just hope he is not recycling old ideas because he has run out of new ones...

10. Harrison_Solo

Harrison_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2003
    Hate to say it, but what do you think the PT is? It's a recycled idea because he either couldn't or didn't want to come up with something new. I assume most people here don't mind that recycled idea. There's nothing wrong with GL using old, recycled ideas.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Actually, SI, everything after ANH has stuff that was recycled from the previous drafts of Star Wars. Lucas has ideas that he wanted to revisit, which is what he doing.

Many old ideas and lore from previous Star Wars films were re-examined for their inclusion in Ep3. Some of these ideas will be incorporated into the film as intended from the start, some ideas will be modified from their original conception for the film, and some material will be cut and not make it into the film at all. The lava planet fits into one of those three categories. - PE

Utapau and Journal Of The Whills apply.

12. May2005

May2005 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2004
    When I was a kid, I was fascinated by the "rule of three" in the original Trilogy... Three movies... three locations in each... three hero(inne)s... etc etc ad infinitum...

Then I studied mythology and I thought I got it...

Now this rule of two has got me bamboozled... but in a nice way...

Fair play George... lol

M2005

13. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    Josh, are you, erm..."pulling our legs" about Darth Plagueis and the Journal of the Whills? They sound highly unlikely and cheesy, even considering some of the concepts that have been used and abandoned in TPM and AOTC.

14. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I think Sidious just casually mentions who trained him in the ways of the Sith. I don't believe we'll actually see another Sith Lord in ROTS aside from Tyranus, Sidious, or Vader.

15. Lil_Devil

Lil_Devil Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2004
    Play-Gee_Uss.

The galaxy's penultimate Sith ruler, slain by his natural enemies at the birth of a republic. Discussed in a frieze frame.

Well, someone oughtta avenge him, hmmm?

16. LukeJim

LukeJim Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 10, 2004
  17. smackfu

smackfu Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    I read a lot of people in the middle ages got infected with the PLAY-GEE!

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Josh, are you, erm..."pulling our legs" about Darth Plagueis and the Journal of the Whills? They sound highly unlikely and cheesy, even considering some of the concepts that have been used and abandoned in TPM and AOTC.

In 2001, people thought that our insiders were full of it when the name Twin-Ke was first announced. It turns out there was a Senator named that.

19. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    Good point. [face_blush]

Still...

20. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    I can buy that. Sounds like the sort of name they'd use.

The Playgeius was inSidious and a terrible, Tyrannic inVader of the peace., after all.

Now THAT's cheesy.

21. babymouseinzehaus

babymouseinzehaus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    Ur, what about Darth Tyranus? That makes 3 "Darth" character names we know in EP3.

22. babymouseinzehaus

babymouseinzehaus Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    "Weird. Pablo himself said the Sith history was not going to be expanded on in ROTS."

Assuming that he like everyone else is sworn to secrecy on these things, I don't believe that.

Same with the SifoDyas stuff. To say that it's not in there at all would mean that the Wachowski brother's were making the film.

23. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Pablo said anicent Sith history won't be explained. Plaugeis could be Palpatine's old Master, thus recent history and not anicent.

24. diablos666

diablos666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2004
    Once Episode 3's out, I'd definitely like to see the origin of Sidious & how he became a Sith Lord. That'd be very cool! :D

25. DarthStuart

DarthStuart Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2004
    I find it interesting that people so readily believe that a jedi can fall to the dark side but refuse to believe a sith could be saved and come back to the light. Isn't that what happened with Vader.

I heard rumors about a month ago that the one of the twists will be that Yoda was once a sith apprentice, who refused to take on the mantle of sith lord and instead became a jedi. It will be very simple and not expanded on. Just think, Yoda goes to confront palps, who is hooded in his chamber,

Yoda.. "Chancellor palpatine"
    Palps.. "Darth ........."

and then he reveals himself to be Sidious

I didnt believe him at first but after reading this thread, it may just be a possibility

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.