main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SPY REPORT: There is Another

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by chitwood, Oct 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    well that was the point of the cosen one.......im order to bring balance to the force you had to be on both sides......in the cannon anikan is the only one that could be brought back

2. Trojan_Sock

Trojan_Sock Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    "im order to bring balance to the force you had to be on both sides"

No, you only had to eliminate the Sith, as Lucas has stated over and over.

3. copetoons

copetoons Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2003
    Perhaps the History of GFFA is recorded by droids. After all, they would (possibly) be unbiased in their accounts/interpretations and simply record "facts".

The Journal of Whills could simply be an archived timeline about the two sides.

Just a thought.

4. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    I'm HS, on the BTH series it had Anthony Daniels-last week? in uniform as a captain of "Thinking people" perhaps knowledge comes from other sources.

Just seemed strange that they would mention this character/race that's in the movie without giving them a reason to be there.

Maybe they held the "Journal" which is why so few seem to know about it..

Heck it's a thought.... let me know what you think.

5. Trojan_Sock

Feb 27, 2003
    "Perhaps the History of GFFA is recorded by droids. After all, they would (possibly) be unbiased in their accounts/interpretations and simply record "facts"."

Well, originally the "Journal" was written by a race of "watchers" of some sort, though the films, themselves, were supposed to be told as seen through the eyes of the droids. However, if it's going to be brought up in ROTS, then my guess would be that the Journal predates the films, so to speak.

6. copetoons

copetoons Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2003
    However, if it's going to be brought up in ROTS, then my guess would be that the Journal predates the films, so to speak.

No doubt the Journal's recording was started prior to EPI, but keep in mind that it also accounts for the events of TPM to ROTS (ie. the Prologue to ANH) ... so someone (or something) was actively aware of what's going on.

Considering that the Force was originally more mystical in its description (no midi-chlorian counts), it would certainly seem plausible that the "writers" of the Journal were more of a mystical/spiritual race.

But who built the first droids? They seem to have always co-existed with all the other races. And they were also there to witness the events.

So, I agree that the Journal pre-dates the films ... but so do the droids :)

7. Mosor

Mosor Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2004
    Perhaps Plaguis was the Sith version of the "Chosen one" that for some reason or another died.

8. b2-R3

b2-R3 Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2004
    I don't like cheese.....

9. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I understand what you mean by that. Nobody is trying to challenge anyone's beliefs. For the sake of the forum, please keep the discussion related to the topic at hand. Thanks.

10. Emos-Edud

Emos-Edud Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    b2-R3,

Besides you, who mentioned Jesus? No one on this page. "Chosen one" is not a registered trademark of Christianity, Inc.

I think you might need to click on the link in my sig if you're going to jump at shadows like that.

---------------------------

So, to anyone who has been keeping up on this thread...

Have there been any interesting new guesses as to the role of this Plagueis fellow or has it been 50 pages of the same three ideas?

11. Trojan_Sock

Feb 27, 2003
    "But who built the first droids? They seem to have always co-existed with all the other races. And they were also there to witness the events.

So, I agree that the Journal pre-dates the films ... but so do the droids"

That's a remarkable stretch of logic...the droids are droids, nothing more. R2 isn't a thousand years old anymore than Sidious is.

12. Whitefire

Whitefire Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2004
    Plagueis will be mentioned as the fellow who "trained" Palpatine. And the secrets to eternal life.

He will also discuss with Anakin that the Sith can live forever.

And since they can live forever, they can attain knowledge that others cannot, giving them the right to rule. (in Sidious's eyes ofcourse)

What won't be discussed with anakin, is that Sidious killed Plagueis. Yoda discovers this.

13. ben_07

ben_07 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002

Sidious telling Anakin that the Sith can STOP DEATH will be the key to Anakin's turn.

Here is an example I made yesterday of Anakin's conversation with Padme. It's not too good I know, but I think it explains perfectly how I think Anakin will feel about Sidious' revealtion to him about the Sith stopping death, which happened earlier in the movie:

ANAKIN has just slaughtered the last of the Separists, VICEROY NUTE GUNRAY of the Trade Federation.

PADME hastely walks in.

PADME: ANAKIN!? What have you done? Why did you do this? Why did you do it? ANI...?

ANAKIN's evil eyes fade back into normal eyes.

ANAKIN: PADME! Why did you follow me here? I thought I told you to stay on Coruscant where it is safe and near EMPEROR Palpatine?

PADME: I've come to save you. Ani, you have to stop this! Why did you do this? Join PALPATINE? Massacre the Separists, betray you friends, the Jedi? How could you have killed innocent children?

ANAKIN: I don't need to be saved, I'm saving both of us! EMPEROR Palpatine has shown me the truth, and has trained me in the true ways of the Force! I now have absolute power, I can control the universe. I destroyed the Jedi because they were going to separate you from me, and your child. And these cowardly, weak leaders have been trying to harm you for years!

But nothing can stop me now. Nothing can separate us! Not the Separists, not the Jedi, not even DEATH!! The EMPEROR has graciously shown me dark secrets of the Force, secrets that will stop us from ever dying or being in any more pain or suffering! We will no longer have to serve other corrupt powers in the galaxy, the entire galaxy will serve US! They will all work and suffer for OUR pleasure, at OUR desire! I will make the whole universe bow down to you, PADME! We will be worshipped, and everything I create and touch will be sacred!

I have become more powerful than even EMPEROR Palpatine. We will rule the galaxy together! Together for all eternity! Nothing can separate you from me any longer! You are mine, PADME, now and forever!

PADME is horrified, and OBI-WAN now rushes in, after hiding in PADME'S Naboo Skiff, after she secretly left the safety of ALDERAAN.

EDIT: Mods, I think we should create an OFFICIAL THREAD just about DARTH PLAGUEIS and his secrets that Sidious unveils to Anakin.

14. copetoons

copetoons Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2003
    "That's a remarkable stretch of logic...the droids are droids, nothing more. R2 isn't a thousand years old anymore than Sidious is."

Sorry, Trojan_Sock ... I meant that droids (in general) existed long before the movies (ex. KOTOR). I wasn't implying that R2 was that old. So really, it's not stretching logic that much :)

15. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    If Plagueis knows the secret to Eternal Life, where is he????

16. Apprentice_Anakin

Apprentice_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Sep 17, 2001
    If Plagueis knows the secret to Eternal Life, where is he????

He taught it to Palpatine, who then betrayed him and used the knowledge to destory him and prevent him forom exercising the secret. Whatever it might be.

17. Whitefire

Whitefire Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 25, 2004
    Just found out,

It is

Journal of the Whills and

Prophet of the Whills.

Weird huh?

Why would there be a prophet? GL is getting to religious I think.

18. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    Okay, I don't feel like sifting thru this thread to find the answer so here goes:

What the HECK is the Journal of the Whills?

19. ben_07

ben_07 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002

We're trying to figure that out! In the rough drafts of EPisode IV it was a history book, the Whills were all-knowing beings who wanted to record everything. STar Wars was to be a story they were watching unfold. But they were replaced with the FOrce.

20. jastermedi

jastermedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 13, 2004
    if they were replaced with the force why would they be in ep 3? just a question.........

21. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    I just don't understadn why the Prophet or the Journal really matter once Anakin turns completely evil and starts murdering Jedi?

I don't like the Journal or prophet. And I still don't see how PLagueis dies. If thew guy 1,000 years old, how did Sidious get the jump on him?? The whole point of the Rule of 2 is that ONE apprentice can NOT take down one master.

22. BombardTarkin

BombardTarkin Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2002
    And after all this time, I still haven't heard a convincing role for Plageuis in ROTS ...

He is likely a footnote in Palpatine's education of young Anakin. But his significance in or beyond that education is completely unknown.

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    -The Journal Of The Whills was a history book of the Star Wars universe. Now, it's probably a book of prophecies and other visions of the future. My guess as to who the Whills are now, they were probably Force users who forsaw the various events in the GFFA and wrote them down for prosperity. This is how come the Jedi knew about the Prophecy regarding Anakin.

I just don't understadn why the Prophet or the Journal really matter once Anakin turns completely evil and starts murdering Jedi?

-Because that event has yet to pass. That means there is still a chance the Sith can be stopped. That's why Obi-wan tries to turn Anakin back. He believes that he can save him and that they can stop Sidious together. It's also important as it explains how balance can come to the Force.

I don't like the Journal or prophet. And I still don't see how PLagueis dies. If thew guy 1,000 years old, how did Sidious get the jump on him?? The whole point of the Rule of 2 is that ONE apprentice can NOT take down one master.

It does not say that at all. The rule means that the Sith Master cannot go for a long time without another Apprentice. When Maul died, he had to find a replacement right away. Enter Dooku. Sidious just challenged his Master, if Plaugeis was his Master, and killed him. Then he found Maul and began to train him. Vader needs Luke to kill Sidious, because he is not as powerful as he used to be. As Lucas said, before his injuries, Vader could've killed Sidious without an Apprentice right away. However, now he has to have Luke to help him.

24. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    where did we find out that they were journal and prophet

25. Oracle_Ye_Prophecy

Oracle_Ye_Prophecy Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2004
    Wow...the memories of this thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.