main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Squishy Vic's Artwork - May 8 update!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Squishy_Vic, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    Hello everyone! I've been around TheForce.net scene for a long while now but never bothered to post my own artwork. But then again, I didn't really have the chance for artwork until last year, when I was able to purchase a student version of Adobe Creative Suite 3 while taking college art classes. Since then I've made numerous pieces; I have also done work with Strata 3D, a modeling program that was used in my class during last year's Spring semester. I hope you all enjoy my work! Below are the links to my deviantART pages of my work, with further information included.
    ? Lightsaber ? March 18, 2008

? Tusken Raider kit ? April 3, 2008

? JY-73 starbomber ? December 4, 2008

? JY-73 starbomber crew ? December 10, 2008

? Adoor's Cantina header ? April 22, 2009
    All were created in Strata 3D (with textures created via Photoshop or Corel Painter) except for the last one (cantina header), which was created completely in Adobe Photoshop.

deviantART gallery: [click]

2. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    To follow up on that Adoor's Cantina header piece, I recently created an up-to-date technical layout/map of the cantina itself. To further understand, you'd have to read Acceptance (PDF eBook) to see what significance the cantina and related objects have in the novel.
    ? Adoor's Cantina ? May 5, 2009; Adobe Illustrator, approx. 2 hours. Highly inspired by this technical drawing of the Ebon Hawk from KotOR.
    Enjoy, and please give me some feedback! All critique welcome!

3. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    To follow up on those Adoor's Cantina pieces yet again, I created a diagram of the garbagecraft seen in the Adoor's Cantina layout above. To further understand, you'd have to read Acceptance (PDF eBook) to see what significance the garbagecraft and related objects have in the novel (like the cantina, as well). Two of those objects also have their own image, which are seen in the diagram (for scale purposes).
    ? Class-725 garbagecraft ? May 8, 2009; Adobe Illustrator, approx. 5 (on and off) hours
    ? LD-series worker droid with garbage composite ? May 8, 2009; Adobe Illustrator (specifically Live Paint to start), approx. 10 min. These two were not original pieces; taken from the Star Wars wiki for the droid (originally PK droid) and this cube (supposed to be garbage, at least in my piece)
    Enjoy, and please give me some feedback! All critique welcome!

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    They should have used some of your stuff for the "SW Fact Files"...
    cool to combine art and dictionary explanations. I like to see that.

:D

5. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    Thank you! Always nice to get feedback. And in case you or anyone's interested, I'm currently working on a spaceport technical drawing, and will try my hand at starships as well (very much like the Adoor's Cantina layout, for example).

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice work to see places and pieces coming alive.

7. Atarumaster88

Atarumaster88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2009
    Ah, so THIS is where you stash your artwork here. Nice job, Vic, as I've said before. Especially the floor plan.

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Please, please post that here once you are finished.

[face_praying]

9. Squishy_Vic

Dec 18, 2004
    Ataru: Indeed, and thanks again.

Azure: I will, don't worry. Trying to wrap it up soon, just been busy with other projects.

10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I know all about a busy life. So take you time!

[:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.