main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SSD Lusankya - The Ysanne Isard appreciation thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Devi, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Greetings, exalted ones!

I've just opened a new website, "Imperial Women", a site about all the female Imperials, such as Isard, Mara Jade the Emperor's Hand, Tavira... (It's still under heavy construction, though.) The URL is:

CENSORED

Since Iceheart will be among the first ones featured on my website, I wanted to celebrate the start of my homepage by starting a thread dedicated to this impressive villainess, offering a home to all of those who want to discuss about Madam Director and her fascinating different-colored eyes.

Let's see how many will post here!

Devi

Read my Isard fanfic under:

CENSORED

CENSORED

2. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    too tired to post much now but i will be a regular
    Isard is cool

3. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Er... yeah. Isard is one of the few villans I can stand :D

4. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Er... yeah. Isard is one of the few villans I can stand

Yeah, exactly. You gotta hate her for what she did to our heroes, but then you love to hate her :D if your catch my drift.

And those multicolored eyes are way cool :cool:

Plus she was the only post-Palpatine Imperial besides Thrawn who actually kicked some butt. After that, it was just squabbling warlords.

5. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    A thing that came to my mind just recently: I used to be a great fan of the TV Show "The Munsters" (does anyone remember that one?).

And I always thought that Lilly (sp?) Munster's hair - which was long and black with one white strand - looked real cool. In fact, I liked it so much that I decided that when I'm old enough to have white (or at least grey) hair, I'd dye my hair black and leave one white (grey) strand as it is.

But only recently I had the thought that Ysanne Isard's hair has the same coloration as Lilly Munster's! Funny, eh? That I haven't made the connection earlier.

MTFBWY, Devi

Please visit my website:CENSORED

Mod Edit: Please don't spam these boards with links to your site anymore. Advertising is not allowed.

6. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Polgara the Sorceress has hair like that, too. So does one of the X-Men . . . I think. Let's face it: Black hair with a white streak is just too cool. [fae_silly]

7. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Would this thread like Senate representation? I love Ysanne Isard, and would also love to represent the thread in the Senate (or the Empire, if you wish.).

8. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Would this thread like Senate representation? I love Ysanne Isard, and would also love to represent the thread in the Senate (or the Empire, if you wish.).

I'd feel honored if you did that :)

9. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Alright, here's a discussion question that came to my mind when I recently re-read the "Mara Jade - BTEH" comic: What do you think did Ysanne Isard wanted to do to Mara Jade?

My guess is that she didn't want to kill her; she "just" wanted to brainwash her, then send her after the people she really wanted killed. :D

Bye till soon,
    Devi

10. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Let's face it: Black hair with a white streak is just too cool.

*hehe*

I forgot to mention ? my roleplaying character, Devika Jade, also has long black hair with two white streaks :D

Bye till soon!
    Devi

11. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Does anyone of you know the book "The Neverending Story" by Michael Ende? Or at least the movie "The Neverending Story II"? Anyway, there is this villainess called Xayide, who is like some sort of sorceress (Dathomir witches, anyone? :D ), who has long black hair and different-colored eyes (though the eyes thing is only in the book, not in the movie :( ) And she's really sexy (there's this undercurrent of her being seductive towards Bastian, which is really creepy since he is a kid, a little boy), and really heartless and evil. And in the movie, she also has this motive of wanting to bring "order" to Phantasia (sounds really Imperial, eh? And she has this armored guys around her (they actually turn out to be just armors, with nothing in it), like stormtroopers...)

Guess who she reminded me of? :D

And of course *hehe* I've also been really fascinated by Xayide as a kid (she is cool); and by Cruella de Vil (sp?) from "101 Dalmatians" (black-and-white hair, cruel, evil...). (And I've liked those cats with different-colored eyes, too.) See a pattern here? :D I'm probably genetically predestined to be an Isard fan :D :D

:) Devi

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Isard is cool. [face_love]

Devi - You don't have to wait till your hair turns grey to have Isard's style. Just die your hair black and have the part you want white bleached by a hair stylist.

:_| Why! Oh Why! Did they have to destroy the Lusankya!! :_|

13. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Feeling honored to have you here, Cmdr Mitthrawnuruodo!

Devi - You don't have to wait till your hair turns grey to have Isard's style. Just die your hair black and have the part you want white bleached by a hair stylist.

Good advice. Now I have no excuse to not do it :D

:_| Why! Oh Why! Did they have to destroy the Lusankya!! :_|

There, there... At least she had a glorious end. "Born" tearing up whole square kilometers of Coruscant, died tearing up a Vong worldship. Wow! :cool:

*bows head in rememberance of the glorious SSD Lusankya*

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Yeah but ...I'd rather have her survive the war and defeat the Vong the other way!!

15. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeah but ...I'd rather have her survive the war and defeat the Vong the other way!!

I know what you mean. Btw, I have my Isard haircolor(s) now, and have received the first compliments for it. *proud smile*

16. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    ***The "Is Isard really dead?" discussion***

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the following topic: Is Isard really dead? Or is there a living Iceheart somewhere in the post-"Isard's Revenge" GFFA? Either another clone (after all, why should an important personality like the Director of Imperial Intelligence have had only one clone made of herself? ;) ) or the original. If you really want to speculate, there is even a slim possiblity of the clone from Isard's Revenge surviving - we know that in the X-Wing books, ppl. can survive having a building collapse on top of them. ;) 8-}

As for the original Iceheart surviving, I think that theoretically, it's entirely possible. Think about it - in the Isard death scene in Isard's Revenge, Stackpole did not explicitly say "Ysanne Isard died." He avoids such a definite, unambiguous statement. All it says is, "the world grew dark around her". This can mean she died; but it can also mean that she merely lost consciousness, right?

Also note that Stackpole specifies that Ysanne was shot in the stomach by Iella, not "between the eyes" or "straight through the heart". A shot in the stomach isn't necessarily lethal, especially in a galaxy where they have bacta tanks.

I've even seen an interview with Stackpole himself(sorry, don't know the URL right now, but I'll post it once I find it again) where he was asked about the possibility that Isard survived after Isard's Revenge. He said (I'm paraphrasing), "She's most probably (not "definitely, without a doubt") dead, but then, bacta can heal a lot.(!)"

So the possible (speculated) scenario is a follows: Isard gets shot in the stomach. She loses consciousness, but is put into a bacta tank just in time and survives. Then she is convicted to lifetime imprisonment on the Lusankya in a non-public trial just as Iella had predicted. She lives as "an anonymous prisoner, cared for by droids, forgotten", with only a few select ppl. in the NR knowing where she is; so the public simply assumes that she's dead.

Of course, the above scenario leads to another question: The Lusankya was destroyed in Rebel Stand, so if Ysanne Isard was kept there as a prisoner, we have to assume that she was brought somewhere else (to another prison facility?) before the fact. (Assuming that she hadn't died of natural causes in the meantime.) Unless the NR folks were so cruel that they simply left her there locked into her cell, so that she died when the Lusankya rammed the Vong worldship. (Damn Rebels! ;) )

Anyway, for those of you who understand German, you can find a discussion thread with a detailed explanation on the "Isard survived" speculation here:

http://pub1.ezboard.com/fdiecantinaexpanduniverse.showMessage?topicID=724.topic

And now I'd like to know what your thoughts are. Did Isard survive? Would you like it if she had survived? Let the discussion begin!

17. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Too bad poor Face never got to kill her.

18. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Yeah, exactly!

19. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    **My Isard Barbie**

(or what happens when Devi has too much time on her hands... :D )

[image=http://www.geocities.com/mathura108/isardbarbie_eveninggown.JPG]

(for a better, non-distorted version of the pic, use this link)

If you want to know how I did it, I used the "design your own Barbie" page on the official Barbie website, then saved the image on my computer and did a little editing in MS Paint to add the white streaks in her hair and the red left eye. When choosing the dress, I imagined Iceheart going to some elegant Imperial reception (as seen in the BTEH comic) and wanting to look good for Palpy. ;)

20. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I can't access it! Dammit!

Oh well.

You should buy a Barbie doll and do a custom job. I want to do that for Mara and some other characters.

Ah, screw OOPM!!!!

21. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    I can't access it! Dammit!

Aargh!! I almost expected that. Darn Darth Geocities!!! :mad:

Try to copy and paste the link, then it should work:

http://www.geocities.com/mathura108/isardbarbie_eveninggown.JPG

You should buy a Barbie doll and do a custom job. I want to do that for Mara and some other characters.

Actually, I am in the process of doing just that. I promise to post a pic when I'm done, provided my scanner doesn't fail me.

22. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    I can see it! I have a magic computer! :D

23. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Hmm...I knew I had seen this before somewhere, and here it is! With all the Isard clones running around I thought you might like this upped, Devi!

24. Ysanne_Isard

Ysanne_Isard Jedi Master star 5

Oct 27, 2002
    [face_shocked] how come i never found this!! i must give my patronage to such a thread as this ;)

25. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Heheh you have your own appreciation thread. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.