main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SSD Lusankya - The Ysanne Isard appreciation thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Devi, Sep 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysanne_Isard

Ysanne_Isard Jedi Master star 5

Oct 27, 2002
    i dont think anyone else has one of these! :D thanks Kirtana's other half. ;)

2. Kirtana_Loor

Kirtana_Loor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2002
    I feel very honored about your patronage, Madam Director. (I think my other half does, too. ;) ) And thanks for the upper, Ikkie!

[image=http://www.geocities.com/mathura108/isard32.txt]

3. Ysanne_Isard

Oct 27, 2002
    thank you, my evil minion. ;)

4. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    Hehe nice Isard pic Kirtana. It fits perfectly. :D

5. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    A funny Isard-related comment I found somewhere on the web: On the picture that's in the NEGTC, Ysanne Isard looks "like a p***ed off Carrie Fisher". - Okay, I admit that this is only a pretext to up this thread ;) , but couldn't this be a wonderful starting point for a crazy theory in 3SA? ;) [face_laugh]

6. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    hey everyone!!! ysanne isard is by far my favorite star wars baddie EVER :)

~NiKe, DaRK LaDy oF THe SiTH~

7. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Isard icons I've made - please have a look and tell me whether they're good enough to submit them at Communications.

The JC needs more Isard icons!!!

8. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    They're good, but you might want to switch the blue background in the second one with clear.

9. Ysanne_Isard

Oct 27, 2002
    :D very nice Devi!! maybe you could put a Santa hat on one of them for Christmas icons ;)

10. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks for the appreciation! :)

(Ysanne:) very nice Devi!! maybe you could put a Santa hat on one of them for Christmas icons

[face_mischief] I might go and do that... :D

11. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    There are RL people named "Ysanne"! :eek:

Here's the proof! More proof! further proof

Now, since Isard is also a real surname that exists IRL (here is the proof for that), couldn't it be, at least theoretically, that somewhere on this planet, there is an actual person named Ysanne Isard? *gasps* (And if you want to speculate even further, maybe Stackpole named Iceheart after a RL person he knew? Who knows... ;) )

12. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Devi, Ysanne should beat you for tarting this before her :p

13. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Well, as they say, truth IS stranger than fiction, Devi. I wouldn't be surprised at how many SWU names that supposedly don't exist IRL do.

14. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Devi, Ysanne should beat you for tarting this before her

I don't think Ysanne (I mean the original one, not Clara) would merely beat me for saying such a thing. ;) Well, I'm gonna edit it before Ysanne (Clara, not the original one :D ) returns to the boards, just to be safe. *hehe* Not a wise thing to make Ysanne Isard your enemy... ;)

15. Kirtana_Loor

Kirtana_Loor Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 28, 2002
    Ysanne Isard X-mas wallpaper for you! :)

Copy and paste this URL:

http://www.geocities.com/mathura108/wallpapers/ysanneisardchristmas.jpg

Enjoy!

16. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    While looking for some info on the web, I came across the following statement that someone made about Isard on some ezboard: "I would not be surprised if she sent a whole fleet of ISD to kill an old boy friend who dumped her." Yeah, that sounds like something Isard would do! [face_laugh]

Here is an absolutely divine Isard-inspired pic for you. :) And in the hope that this thread comes a bit more alive, here is a discussion topic: "What kind of clothes did Ysanne Isard wear when she didn't wear her uniform?" For starters, there's one pic in BTEH where she wears an orange evening gown. So, what else did hang in her wardrobe? Speculate ahead! :D

17. Ysanne_Isard

Oct 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] I'm going to have to remember that!! Sounds like a perfect sort of thing to do ;) And I opened one of my Christmas books a few days ago, and there on the list of characters, was somebody named Ysanne! I almost fainted.

And I think she would have a bunch of dresses like the BtEH one, all in varying shades of red. I don't think she would ever be 'casual', as her personality doesn't really fit that.

18. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    And I opened one of my Christmas books a few days ago, and there on the list of characters, was somebody named Ysanne! I almost fainted.

Way cool! What's the title of that book?

And I think she would have a bunch of dresses like the BtEH one, all in varying shades of red. I don't think she would ever be 'casual', as her personality doesn't really fit that.

Actually, there is one passage at the end of Mandatory Retirement where she is dressed kinda "casual" (with a tank top, for one thing). A pic from there: http://www.geocities.com/mathura108/isard7.jpg (copy and paste!). But that was probably one of her "workout outfits" - on the pic, you can see that she was working out with a punching bag (and a "punching droid" that's not visible on that pic, but is there on the original comic page).

Apart from that, I agree with you that Isard wouldn't be the type to ever "go casual". She would have considered that an indulgence that's doesn't befit someone like her. There's one pic in BTEH (the one where she arrests Mara Jade) where she wears something that's not her actual, usual uniform, but looks very similar to it - that severe, formal look with a high collar, etc., and it's also in some shade of red (wine-red, maroon - whatever that color is called). I think that outfit was probably a typical example for what Isard wore as "off duty clothing". The idea I have of her personality - I think she was the type of person who's strict with herself and with others, and that carried over into the way she dressed and groomed herself.

Remember this passage in Wraith Squadron where Face-as-Darillian speaks about how Isard always smelled of cleanliness and a hint of non-sweet perfume? And then Trigit (who had met her several times) nodded, thus confirming that this was an actual fact. So that's how I imagine Isard - always very clean and prissy, dressed either in her uniform (clean and well-ironed, of course!) or in some other clothing that had a severe, formal look to it, and with well-manicured hands - all that. It also seems like (sorry for going off on a tanget for a bit here) she took care to keep her slim, trim figure (we know that she did work out, see above) - she probably would have considered gaining weight on her part as a despicable sign of "letting herself go". (Interesting in this context that she had gained some weight when she turned up again in IR. Probably she was so depressed in the first few months after her defeat at Thyferra that for the first time in her life, she did "let herself go" eating-wise - maybe even comforted herself with sweets. ;) )

So the bottom line is, Isard went for a prim, severe look, even at the price of sacrificing physical comfort (I can image that a high-collared tunic like the one she wore on the abovementioned BTEH pic wouldn't have been very comfortable to wear). Like I said, she would have considered wearing comfy, non-formal clothes (I mean, something like jogging pants :D ) an indulgence that doesn't befit someone like her. [face_laugh] You can see that attitude very clearly in Bacta War - she did go for loose, flowing (and red! :D ) dresses while on Thyferra, but on certain occasions (such as during the briefing before the Battle of Thyferra), she still wore her uniform (with its high-collared tunic, boots, and all that), no matter how uncomfortable that must have been in the awfully hot and humid Thyferran climate. This is what I meant above - Isard was (probably, according to how I see her) strict/hard with herself as well as with others.

It also interesting in this context (I'm going off on a tangent again) how she wore her hair - it was always a very simple (but neat) style, either just hanging loose (neatly combed, of course), or gathered in a simple ponytail. I think Isard would have considered wearing more elaborate hairstyles (like those of Leia or Padmé) another "unnecessary indulgence".

And yes, Isard was obviously very attached to the color red (and the "Royal Guard crimson" variety in particular),

19. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    The name "Ysanne" IRL, pt. 2:

I thought that since "Ysanne" is a name that actually exists in RL here on earth (ref. my above post), I could try and look it up on a baby names site to find out what the meaning of that name is. And lo and behold, I found it here! :) What it said there was "combination of Ysabel + Ann". For the meaning of "Ysabel" or "Isabel", it had "Consecrated to God" (it's the Spanish form of "Elizabeth"), and for the meaning of "Anne/Anna", "Gracious" (commonly, the meaning of "Anne" is given as "Grace", in the sense of "Grace of God" - it's a biblical name, as you probably know). So "Ysanne" is actually a very "saintly" name (so to speak)! :eek: I wonder whether Stackpole was aware of that when he gave that name to one of the most evil characters in all of SW? :D Probably not.

While looking up this information, I also found out that "Annakin" (yes, with double n) is an actually existing girls' name! So if you, my fellow Star Wars geeks, are looking for a name for a daughter... ;)

A note on the side - if the name "Ysanne" is derived from Ysabel and Anne, shouldn't it (going by logic) also be pronounced in such a way that it rhymes with "Anne", even if the NEGTC says otherwise? (ref. the "How do you pronounce 'Mirax'?" thread in Lit)

20. Ysanne_Isard

Oct 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] It's official. I'm naming my daughter Ysanne. It is a real name! And I've actually always pronounced it 'Anne'

21. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    I too have a little fire burning for Ysanne but one thing has always bothered me....Ysanne - Palps....ewwwwwwwwwwwwww :)

22. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Remember this passage in Wraith Squadron where Face-as-Darillian speaks about how Isard always smelled of cleanliness and a hint of non-sweet perfume? And then Trigit (who had met her several times) nodded, thus confirming that this was an actual fact.

I just realized/remembered that not only Trigit, but also Face knew from experience what Isard smelled like - he sat on her lap once, remember? So like I said, what he said was a fact.

Hello and welcome, Jedi_Loon! Nice to see new people posting here. :)

23. Ysanne_Isard

Oct 27, 2002
    [face_laugh] Just don't think about that Loon

24. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    A little rhyme I found on the web that fits in well with the Isard topic :D :

Sugar and spice and deadly times thrice,
    thats what Imp girls are made of!
    [face_mischief]

25. Ysanne_Isard

Oct 27, 2002
    [face_devil] The minute I have room that's going in my sig.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.