main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO St. Louis Children's Hospital Visit

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TK-1161_Curt, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-1161_Curt

TK-1161_Curt Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2006
    On April 20, 2007 the 70th Explorers will be visiting St. Louis Children's Hospital from 6:00 PM until 9:00 PM and would like to invite the St. Louis FanForce to join us. We will be arriving at 5:30 to change.

Please check out our foriums for more information and to sign up.

http://70thexplorers.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=837

We hope you can join us.

2. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I can be there! Going to your forums now. :D

3. TK-1161_Curt

Apr 13, 2006
    I was just wondering who all is going to do the hospital visit this Friday. I am trying to get a head count fo rthe Hospital, so post here if you are attending.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I emailed you about this, but I've caught a decent cold. I don't think I should be in the hospital around the little guys sick :( Sorry, I drug my costume down from Des Moines and everything.

5. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Can you let us know when and where to meet up with your group?

I can still be there...

6. TK-1161_Curt

Apr 13, 2006
    I did get your email today and I wish you were feeling better so you could come. Get better soon. :)

7. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    If I were going to get home just a bit sooner, I'd love to join, but unfortunately, I have a presentation to give before coming home this weekend. :confused:

8. twilek69

twilek69 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I regret I can't make it. I am in the beginning of rebuilding my Shaak Ti. Please keep us informed though, once she is done I would love to do this!!!

9. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I am sorry to say I won't be able to make it after all. But I am thinking the 501st will be relieved not to have a lone Jedi running around. :p

Curt, I will stop by Saturday to say hi. :D

10. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I may be able to make it after all. Depends on whether or not the person I'm spending the weekend with feels up to it after work.

So the question is, is my Vader in good enough repair to wear or would it have to be the pilot?

11. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I have been informed (again :rolleyes: ) that I can go. The thing for Steve's work has been moved to Monday.

So Jon, if you want to car pool... lol.

12. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'll see about it. Again, it all depends on my friend.

13. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    We had a great time tonight. The kids and the parents were really excited that we were there. It never ceases to amaze me how people have fond memories of the movies and really do enjoy us showing up. Thanks to Curt and the gang for the invite. Maybe next time I can drag more of the FF with me. :D

14. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    My Mission report:

Met up with the 70th Explorers to troop Children's Hospital. We all got geared up. Right at 1800, we had our first catch of the day. A little boy and his dad came into the common area. I went out to greet them. The rest of the night was spent mingling with the children that came into the lounge and out in the rooftop garden. Some of the younglings fashioned themselves as Rebel Scum though, so we had to show them the way of them Empire.

Darth Vader was playing hoops with some of the younglings, there were stormtroopers running remote control cars and I even played a video game with some of them.

We soon got word of a rebel spy droid on the street, so we went to investigate.

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/SteelLepp/501stR2_2.jpg]

And I stood guard until the little droid was in custody. The Empire is still safe.

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/SteelLepp/SteelR2_2.jpg]

Overall it was a very fun event. We were even told later, that it was the first little boy's birthday and it was "the best day of his life," so I'd also say the troop was successful.

15. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Sorry I couldn't make it. Sarah was a bit dead and I was working on getting stuff together for the con.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.