main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON **** St. Paddy's Day Parade - Syracuse, NY ****

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by dreamweaver_YJN, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Hey Everyone, it's time for another parade!!

The [face_good_luck]St. Paddy's Day Parade[face_good_luck] in Syracuse, NY will be on Saturday March 12 this year, and YJN has been invited to participate.

For those of us that have been to this parade before, you know it's quite a big parade, and loads of fun! Looks like there will be an awesome afterparty at a local firehall as well.

For information/planning click here [face_good_luck]

For sign-up click here [face_good_luck]

Strawbary has said that there are enough Syracuse members that can provide crash space so that YJN members can head up the day before and not have to be rushed on parade day!

Thanks for your generous offer Syracuse!! :)

Let's get a good-sized group together! :D

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'm interested in going :)

3. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I would be, but two things, no ride, and no costume at the moment.

Sorry :(

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    This Bariss Offee is intrested in going, But it really all depends on what her Pre-Graduate schedule is going to be like.... [face_thinking]

5. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    And of course its a working weekend for me...

6. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well I don't think it was purposeful John.

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Never claimed it was.. but its the 3rd year in a row that the parade weekend is a working one for me.

Too bad, it could have been the debut for my pilot costume.

8. chewbaccalives

chewbaccalives Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2005
    Time off, not something I need to worry about.
    Ride, If I can score one from someone else thats goin, sweet, I will pitch in gas money.
    Costume, I'm glad someone mentioned that or else I wouldn't have thought about it.

Guess I have some creating to do... I wonder if Jay still has it... (please dont mind my thinking out loud)

9. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    I may be interested, as it is the first day of March Break and I will have some time (likely meaning Tim could come too)

The question is, how will we get there? Chris is out as it will be only a few weeks after the baby is born, John is working, and that is far for me to drive *I am the only person on my insurence plan

10. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    I will be driving, and I don't mind filling up my car...but it only seats 5, which means if Mal goes, I have room for 3 more. I would be driving up on the Friday.

You could always follow me in my car Steph...and we could get lost together! :p

11. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Duh I just realized that I still have parts of costumes in my closet...

We shall see...

12. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    That's my birthday...so not likely.

13. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Are people from outside Niagra welcome too? :p

I'd like to come too.... if I can get the weekend off, which I think I can. The only problem for me is that it's about a 6 hour drive from London to Syracuse, so I'll have to do this in smaller sections. Otherwise, I DO have a car, and I vaguely remember how to get to the firehall from last year.

Edit: I do have the weekend off... not even 4 hours after I put in that I want it off, and it was approved! fastest ever!

14. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Bump

so who is going? It's only 2 weeks away now, and if possible, I'd like to get a ride from St. Catherine's with someone.

15. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    I can't say for certain, but I don't believe anyone from Niagara will be attending.

16. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Just bumping this thread upt o see who was still planning on making the trek out. We have the fire station again for the party and wanted to get a feel for numbers....

Any one still in need of floor space let me know. Hope to see some old faces there ! :)

17. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    if people want to go but need a ride, I'm willing to drive, I just need a long break before I drive there... I can't make the whole trek from London in one long trip.

18. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I just checked my schedule and I am totally out. I hope you all have a good time and the best weather, I know from experience how miserable it can be walking around in a soaking wet costume can be from experience ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.