main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC St. Patrick's Cathedral (A Blood Moon: Rise of the Lycans OOC Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Jan 20, 2014.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    *pssst* stay on track on here. Just sayin'. :p LOLOL!

2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    These errors seem to happen when I log! I swear it's not my fault!

-----------
    MOTTI: Thou shalt not 'tempt to frighten us with words so like a man of magic, Vader. Nay, thy sorc'rer's act is tir'd and overdone. The sad religion thou dost cling to hath no pow'r to conjure up the stolen plans. Nor dost thou have a third-eye's sight to make--

Heavy Isotope likes this.
  3. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    They need to do some server maintenance I think....

Liking all the posts you guys. :)

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    There's some craziness going on! Loving all of the post, guys! :)

Now I need to sit down and write up a response!

5. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    Saintheart I love Ben's assessment of Katia. :) Very well written, and accurate with the special operatives community.

greyjedi125 and Saintheart like this.
  6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Added some essential background information to Misc Info for you guys. This is stuff you'll have learned over the last 10 years.

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I like it -- that puts a bit more detail into the picture. I can work with that.

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Yeah i figured you guys could use a bit more in depth detail to the background to help you out with writing.

I was gonna add more but it's 1:30am and I'm too tired and eyes are dry from staring at Open Office and my notebook all night.

Behold! The power of imagination is illuminating! Be blinded by creation and let it carry you away!

9. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    spycoder9 - I sort of had some idea this isn't the first time Ben has brought the odd book back for Michaela to give to the kids, so go ahead and play off it any way you see fit...

10. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Just a question, is there any Holy water left? And if so does it have any effect on the lycans or been tested at all to that effect?

Also, does Kevin know of the properties of the church on lycans? Or is this new stuff that he has not found out yet since he wasn't present to see the acidic effect on the intruding lycan in the present battle?

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Yes there is holy water. Its just water blessed by a priest and something Minghan can keep around easily enough. But holy relics such as holy water and crucifixes do not affect werewolves. That's a vampire weakness.

As for the consecrated ground thing, Kevin is aware of the concept since he's been told by Minghan but until now no one has ever seen it happen since the lycans have never tried to get into St Pat's before.

The traditional weakness of a werewolf is silver, holy ground, beheading and removal of the heart. I took out the last one since you all really wouldn't have the time to do that anyway, especially if you're facing a lot of them. Wolfsbane is a Hollywood method but I would think since it is considered one of the deadliest poisons out there it would work on a werewolf.

12. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    In that world, I would become a shotgun aficionado, one good way to remove either option :p

Thanks for the info!

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Altered FIGURES 5.1 and 5.2. You may need to refresh your browser.

• Added the alterations done to St. Pat's over the years. Fireplace, Privacy Screens, Crossbars/Barricades, etc.
    • Added public bathrooms, which are used mostly at night or during poor weather. I'm guessing they are located thereabouts. Makes sense for the public bathrooms to be at the front anyway. My luck that is probably where the staircases are. :oops:
    • Added the North and South buildings located at the back end of the property. They are not shaped like that.
    • Renamed #s 11 and 26 on Fig 5.1

If you think of anything else that should be added to the images, feel free to make suggestions.

14. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    From some of the photos (exterior oblique), they look to be styled as additional doorways, matching the narrow doorways flanking the main entrance; so it's quite possible that the doorways have been closed off and the entry spaces re-purposed as public bathrooms.

Spiral staircases don't take up a lot of room (just over shoulder width in my old school's chapel - some of us had to climb up there to wind the clock when the normal person was on holiday) and are often built into one of the supporting tower pillars. Pity there aren't some more expansive shots of the Narthex, otherwise we might be able to pick out the doors.

15. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
    I can try searching for a virtual tour when I get home. Don't forget google street view on their maps website. :)

16. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    If you find a decent one that's great, otherwise its no biggie.

I'll have an update tomorrow evening at the least. Keep on interacting until then.

17. Heavy Isotope

Oct 10, 2013
  18. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Street view confirms there are doors at the sides of the towers, as of the Street view date at least one looks like it could be functional.

The internal Gift Shop seems quite large enough for a double set of facilities according to its photo from Heavy's link
    [​IMG]
    but the logical place (considering that waste water arrangements have been made there already) would seem to be the South Transept Washroom/Shower-room area.

Also, we should remember that Earth Closets were in use before Water Closets were invented; apparently, they do not smell, if used properly!

Unless it is an artefact of the drawing process (or my eyesight!) , the wall to the west of the internal Gift Shop looks rather more substantial than its counterpart on the north side of the building. That could house the stairs to the Organ, Organ Loft and Choir Gallery, as well as being the main point of access for the towers.

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Apparently there aren't any public bathrooms in St. Pat's. Screw it, its 50 years in the future, I say there are now. A future Bloomberg mayor demanded it :p

20. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Hear Hear! That's a relief!;)

Saintheart likes this.
  21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Just took the google virtual places tour of it, not bad, gives a better sense of scale and seperation for areas to the place. As well as the fact that I didn't realize there was an illuminated metal covered walkway past the front of the church now. So, all the better reason I didn't try to lean out the North tower and see what was breaking in the front door. ;)

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    That's just temporary. It's part of the restoration process for the cathedral and will be removed once its completed.

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh. . .nevermind then.

24. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Has it been established which level the tower sentries are on, please? There's one level with glazed windows and two levels above that which seem to have slatted (louvered) window apertures - presumably one of those levels was intended for bells, if any were intended to be (have been) hung.

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    North Tower has the bells which are, at least, 110 feet up into the tower since that's how long the rods used to make them ring were. After some estimated measuring, 110 feet is at the set of 4 windows just below the last set of windows. That's where the rod's would have originally been attached to the levers that make the clappers ring the bells (now its done electronically). So I would say the bells are in those windows. I tried finding images of the bells being restored or at least interior images of the towers during restoration, but no luck thus far.

As for which level the sentries would have been on, it was not established. But I would say they would be on the level where there is a floor and a door. So probably with the same level as the bells.

For a look inside the Rectory before it was looted, or the North building on the map.