main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Patrick's Day parade 2009

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Jan 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Last year was a great success, so we'll be doing things differently this year. ;)

The Forney museum, who we partnered with to have the landspeeder, has a full entry of five cars this year. Wings Over the Rockies (WOTR) will be including the X-Wing in their entry for the parade this year.

Zoo has coordinated with the Forney and WOTR (with the parade officials linking the groups), and Matthew at WOTR is running the show for the floats. They are footing the bill for the whole thing. Matthew is working with the parade officials to have the landspeeder either added to the WOTR entry, or as a separate entry for the RMFF (and WOTR covers the cost).

The Restorations Crew at WOTR is working with Zoo and the rest of the Project Crew to secure the X-Wing on the trailer and to support it appropriately. And Matthew is working with LFL on the types and content of signage for the float.

I hope everybody can make it! Updates will be posted as we get them.

2. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Very good! I know that it's going to be tough for everyone to make this but hopefully at least enough to man the landspeeder appropriately. I think it will be awesome to have them both together.

3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

We received official confirmation about the landspeeder. It has been added to the WOTR entry. Also, the RMFF banner has been approved by LFL for being on the X-Wing float.

4. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    *cheers*

(insert) guy from EBS with is arm in the air after they say.."The First Transport is Away!" *cheer*

5. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yeah, so when the RL says we 'might even' be involved, they had little idea what the RMFF is to the X-Wing, huh? :D

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Following the next Open Cockpit Day (Feb 14th), we'll be doing a dry run with the flat bed. Anyone wanting to come out to help with this is welcome. We can always use another pair of hands when it comes to assembling/disassembling this beast.

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I actually had a lot of fun at SPD last year, and had made tentative plans to be up there this year...

...but then Rachel told me that we're gonna be in Florida. :p

8. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Crazy brother of mine is getting married in March...who does that??? :p

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Hey, watch it [face_not_talking] So your missing ours that has been planned for 16 mos for your brothers????

I see how I rate :p

I will not be in the parade but might be able to help with prep, dh wants to be in it, I think I will be on the side with my family & friends from out of town :D

10. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    yeah, we have to miss yours because there's some crazy thing, like both our kids are IN the wedding as the flower girl and ring bearer. :D This is the only brother I expect to get married for the next 10 years, so I thought we should go. (one is 25 and only plays online games and never leaves the house except for work or food, and the other one is only 12 :p )

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hey -- Joel has at least a dozen female characters that he takes very good care of. Baby steps.

12. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I'll be in North Carolina, gorging on BBQ. Sorry!

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Ah, BBQ -- traditional Irish cuisine. Goes excellently with chips and salsa.

14. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i will throw my hat in the ring to march in the parade... if i can get the out of town family members to go watch

its fun

15. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Er... when is the parade? I seem to be failing reading comprehension.

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Saturday, March 14th, Lower Downtown Denver, Participants start at 9AM, Parade starts at 10AM

17. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Really? Hmmmm... [face_thinking] What convenient timing! Is there some really rare astronomical convergence occurring that week, that every event is lining up out in Denver?

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Sith Magic

19. Tahiri_Solo14

Tahiri_Solo14 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I will be there. Not sure how much prep work I can offer, but I'll at least show up in a really cool costume. :D Maybe I'll kidnap my best friend and drag her along. She has a really awsome Jedi outfit. (She wants to re-do it but I'm not sure why.) Now i just have to decide what costume to wear. ;)

20. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    And white tea.

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Sith magic must be very powerful and far-reaching indeed... because it turns out that I might be out in Denver at the beginning of that week for work, dovetailing nicely but not conflicting with the wedding schedule.

So... I would love to take advantage of this rare convergence of events and join you guys for the parade! I've really missed being able to participate in events with the RMFF, outside of the occasional convention. I'm excited! :D

22. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I want to go, but I can't commit as there is a chance that I'll have a FINAL that day. BLERG!

23. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, right, almost forgot costume. I have my Leia Ceremonial... hopefully it's not too cold. I can wear white thermal pants, which help, but am stuck on the top because of neckline and sleeves. (I'd sorta hoped to have my new Jedi outfit ready, but so far I'm not very happy with how it's turning out so it's doubtful.)

24. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Nude Tights... I'm telling you, it's the perfect solution. :D

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Heh-heh...nude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.