St Patricks Day Parade Sign up Thread

Discussion in 'Syracuse, NY' started by strawbary, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackboot Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will still be there with my new jedi outfit.
    Charles
  2. LilLadyVader Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey all...I'm batting a thousand when it comes to making it to any events so far this year. I have a friend visiting from California, and we're going out to dinner to celebrate a major birthday of his while he's here. What day is his birthday? March 12 of course!

So, I hope to at least see some of you at the movie premiere, if not before - I have May 19th off of work, so I should have no problems!

Have fun at the parade!
  3. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Dare I ask what 'kitty litter' cake is?
  4. jackboot Jedi Knight

star 1
    Where are we meeting before the parade begins so we can get organized? Your house, the fire hall, or someplace downtown?
    -C
  5. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/dessert/cakes/cakeimg/kittylitter.jpg]

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/dessert/cakes/kittylittercake.html

Yumm-ay.

It's festive, it has green in it!

;)

I think the green mac n cheese would go over better than that, even if people were hesitant about it.

But Karl had some! And he liked it. He wasn't a wuss ;)
  6. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    *laughs*

That's actually pretty clever. I'm impressed. :)
  7. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    HA HA HA thats just too funny. Looks just like it.
  9. Karate-Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Sorry everyone. I don't think I will be able to make it for the parade. I have to work that day.
  10. Matrix-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I'll be there. Where are we all meeting up anyways?

-K
  11. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Knowing where specifically to meet would be helpful for us out-of-towners.

~Doc_Bev
  12. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    I will be there.

Any idea of the weather in Syracuse.
  13. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'd still like to come, but I can't drive the whole way by myself, and I don't know of anyone else in Canada that's coming.
  14. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, I need a location and time as well.

I've got about a four hour drive...if my car gets fixed in time. Stupid car...
  15. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    As of today I plan on going if hothgirls car makes it up here. Hope it aint to cold. Are you guys asking for money from everyone. Just wondering? Is there a white board or chalk board we can use at the fire hall? If someone brings trivial pursuit cards we can use them for star wars pictionary.
  16. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, currently my poor car is sitting at the shop. It's making this noise...sounds like a monkey is under my hood using something in there as a drum.

Bah.
  17. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    currently we have 5 people marching, which is a significant drop from the 30 we had last year. I still havent received our line up information or parade confirmation. I hope we are still in the parade. Am calling her today from work.

At any rate if we arent in the parade or have to cancel due to lack of participation I already paid for the firehouse so not sure what you want to do with that.

I have limited access to the net still and will try to log in tonight Im still working doubles just so everyone knows. Just so know one thinks I dont care or am irrisponsible - alot of us are working overtime and I am included in that bunch. So if someone could really step up and get a head count and such that would be great. A few of you have my phone number call me at home this evening.

Thanks guys.
  18. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Doc Bev & I are riding together. SWF Your more than welcome to join us & HothGirl if you cam make it to Rochester You can Ride the rest of the way with us. I have a Caravan so more than enough room for you & costumes. Send me a pm & let me know

BTW Weathers is supposed to be cloudy in the mid 30's
  19. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    It seems like if things go well we could have 10 marchers maybe. Thats still only 1/3 of last year. That sucks.
  20. HothGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm thinking we have about five from the Rochester area that are planning on attending.
  21. Padawan_Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    A lot more than 5, I think. 3 from Sherrill, 5 from Rochester, makes 8 right there. I believe Jackboot plans on coming. Possibly Vishnu, possibly Strawbary (you haven't stated). Could be a couple more I'm missing.

Weather? Snowy, of course. 30ish. Typical for Syracuse. Might actually be warmer than it was last year.
  22. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'll see if I can sucker anyone else into it.
  23. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok we're getting better numbers ;) can everyone post what costumes they r wearing so we can get an idea for what we have?

Also if we could narrow down some meals for saturday that would be great. Does everyone want the ziti again? or shall we try a new dish?

I may need a ride saturday if anyone can help me out :) If I can swing a ride we will have two more for the numbers.

Thanks

24. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be wearing my Jedi outfit & bringing a fruit salad
  25. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As I posted before, I'll be in my Jedi costume. Still not sure about husband and son yet. And, I have no clue what I'll be bringing yet - I'm guessing muffins for the ride out and brownies for after the parade.

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.