main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY St Patricks Day Parade Sign up Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Darth Arjuna (aka random Sith).

Alternatively, if you want then I can bring my camera to record it and I'll just wear my bright orange filming jumpsuit (start of Rebel Pilot... I have nothing else for it, but meh :p).

2. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    I will be bringing green mac an cheese and probably be going as 'Darth Patrick' again. LOL.

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    If I make it, I will be Han again as ussual. Spectators will have no clue though as I will be in a winter Jacket. I was thinking of layering with long Johns underneath instead, but it still seems a little too cold to go without a jacket.

I liked the Meatball subs. Cant bring the taco dip this time. I am broke. I will try to bring something though.

4. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'll be wearing Boushh (car pending still) and I'll try and bring green rice krispie treats. ;)

5. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Hothgirl, if you cant get your car back try renting one.

get a small car from hertz or something.

6. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Did we ever get confirmation that we're going to be in the parade?

~Doc_Bev

7. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Beez - I'm in a really small town...to the best of my knowledge, we don't have a rent a car place within an hour of here.

8. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    where are you Hoth Girl,

Watertown.

9. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I really wish I could come, but I promised someone that I wouldn't drive there by myself, and no one else is interested up here. :( I'll also mention that I was not only warm last year, I was almost overheating with my costume. And I got new boots for this year too! :(

10. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    Yep, we're still in the parade. Vicky will be finding out what position we're in tomorrow.

I'll be wearing my dark Jedi costume (it's not Sith dern it!).

I hope the Rochester crew can make it. I know cars are a pain, so hopefully things will be all fixed and ready to go so a few more of you can venture out!

-K

11. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Beez - I'm like almost four hours south of Syracuse...near the PA border.

Hopefully I'll have good news on my car tomorrow. *crosses fingers*

12. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I am so very sorry. I have been trying to get the day off work but with my new position they just will not let me. I am very bummed about this.

13. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    We'll miss you! Sorry you can't get off work...that stinks. :(

14. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Strawbary, as far as I know we will have our usual 3 from Sherrill. However, if Vishnu makes it he may come with us, I'm having Arjuna check on that. If he doesn't, and you can't find other transport, we could probably drop by and pick you up.

On that note, have we designated a meeting place? Is it the fire hall, and if so, can we get an address or something? I'm getting old and senile and don't trust memory to get me there.

Raef plans on bringing the green mac n' cheese, so i'm thinkingg of just bringing something like muffins. Its what I'm known for at work. The local P & C does a good job on them.

Here's a little tidbit of interest. On the local news (channel 9) this morning they talked of things to do in Syracuse this weekend. The parade was prominent and while they briefly discussed the details they showed scenes from last year's parade. Darth Vader was prominent in what they were showing. :cool:

15. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    ok, need some directions would be nice for both the firehouse and parade just in case.

Times and dates for everyone as well.

and a contact number for all just in case.

16. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    well, I wish everyone who can make it there good weather and fewer drunk people.

17. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    well, I wish everyone who can make it there good weather...

*starts to snicker*

...and fewer drunk people.

*breaks out laughing*

18. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    the firehouse is the same place as last time if someone has time to do a search on liverpool fire dept please post the link. *pretty please*
    We are meeting at the firehouse to change at 10 am like last year.

After the parade we will go back to the firehouse for the party. That is from 4-8 pm.

I will not be marching in the parade but will be at the firehouse to meet with everyone and also to set up for the party. I have to cover some shifts at work due to a co worker is in the hospital.

You can leave your food at the firehouse I will take care of it for you, heating, keep cold etc.

I will be bringing baked ziti again since we dont seem to have too many hot main dishes yet ;) It would be great if we can con karl in bringing his potatoes soup again. If not I have some here to bring as well.

The cost of the firehouse is 75.00 so I am asking the syracuse members to all chip in for that like last year.
    As far as guests coming, we have such a small crowd this year we asked for donations last time around however I am just happy anyone can show up LOL ;)

bring games and entertainment of your choice :)I am going to bring a TV we can hook up a dvd player to it and watch whatever :)

Any special requests on refreshments or foods please pm me I am checking my Pm's today and tomorrow from work.

thanks again to everyone attending this year. SCJ members have all been extremely busy in Real life lately its been hard to coordinate anything it seems LOL

See everyone on friday and dress warm!

19. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Fri....day...o_O

Er...I'ma assume that was a typo...anyway.

It's supposed to reach only about 36 this weekend. Blargh, dress warm! I really need a costume for cold weather. Something like a wampa, where you can fit many layers inside....mm, toasty. ^_^

Maybe someone could bring a teapot or something? Make tea, hot cocoa? A coffee maker (I'm assumeing there's an outlet in the room somewhere)?

edit: I think we also have beer bread and pumpkin bread mix in the cupboards here, if we need a dish we could probably make those.

20. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Sorry guys looks like its not going to work out for me. I got to many other things I have to get done this weekend and I cannot afford to spend the entire day out there unfortunately. Have fun and stay warm. That wind chill gets nasty.

21. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    alas I am here and will be coming.

Oh I could really use some directions.

I cant seem to remember the exit. I know its close to it but any help would be appreciated.

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    We have yoda!!!!!!

Russ called last night and will be marching with us :)

If anyone has size 12 black boots I may be able to convince Vader to appear ;)

As far as food goes:
    Russ is bringing Paper goods
    I am bringing coffee,Salad
    Jen is bringing Green Mac and cheese

Im still debating on sandwiches or Ziti to bring.
    We also need a dessert and munchies.Few bottle of soda.
    Keep in mind its just about 10 at the party so we really dont need a ton of food this time. (we fed 36 last year ) LOL

At any rate I wil post the link for the firedept later today at work.
    Later taters!

23. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    here is the address where we are meeting tomorrow at 10 am :)

1110 Oswego Road
    Liverpool, NY 13088

everyone please mapquest it for directions. See everyone there!

24. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    36? Sweet, hat means that it'll be above freezing! For me, that's shorts weather (especially if I just got out of Raquetball and am too lazy to change out).

25. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Mapquest says Oswego St not Road. Is it really as easy as getting of the thruway at exit 38 (rt 57) & making a right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.