St Patricks Day Parade Sign up Thread

Discussion in 'Syracuse, NY' started by strawbary, Jan 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveQA Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey guys... I feel bad now but I will not be able to attend the festivities on saturday for the parade :(
    I have to work in the morning... I couldn't get out of it... so it looks like u guys will just have to get by without me... difficult I know but you must try...
    but... I will do my ultimate best to do something for epi 3 premier....
    have a nice day
    Mike
  2. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    well, we dont step off till about 2 ish anyhow and the party is in the evening so if you can make it up to anything tomorrow that would be great! :)

3. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    When are we going to leave the firehouse by? 10's really early especially for Hothgirl coming from almost 4 hrs away. She's meeting at my house in rochester & then We're coming together from my house. For us to be at the firehouse by 10 she would probably have to leave about 5 am that's a LONG day. If I can make her not have to leave so early, I'm sure that would be a good thing.
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    its the same time we met last year. We all meet at 10 and change into our costumes and drive down in one or two cars since there is virtually no parking. We have to be at the parade route by a certain time in order to get in our positions. However we are towards the end of the parade and may not have to arrive till after 12. This is our third year in a row and our time has always been pretty good.

The bad news is I havent heard back from the parade committee on our position. I left 2 voice mails today and yesterday. I am calling her in the morning again.
    As far as Im concerned we can show up at the same corner we did last year and it shouldnt be a problem. LOL

At any rate check the boards early am for updates. If everyone would liekt o show up at 11 instead of 10 thats fine however not too many people check the boards tonight and may not see the time change.

Worse comes to worse and we dont get a poistion we march last LOL
    *sighs*

Anyways, see everyone tomorrow Im off to watch a movie!

5. Padawan_Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    (this is Raef, my compy has a virus [at least...okay, so maybe 2....or 20.....or 200.....] so I'm here)

Dad's going to be bringing muffins. I just finished making the Mac and cheese, it's in a foil pan covered in saran wrap so it can be reheated easy. Just have to add milk or water to it when it that happens so it doesn't dry out.

We'll bring some cards or something to play. Maybe jenga? We could always point and laugh at Drogon for entertainment ;) (I just asked him what to bring for fun...he goes, "Me!") We also have Star Wars monopoly, and a Star Wars interactive board game. Dunno if we'll bring those or not, they're Arjuna's and heck knows if we'll remember them. roffle.

Oh! And strawbary, if there are any large SCJ shirts, can you bring one? I still don't have one, LOL. They cost 10 bucks, right?

Slightly OT, I'm also trying to get some friends to join the club. One or two showed some interest but no dice as to actual joining ;) I'll bribe them somehow...LMAO. Of course, this isn't the best time to ask. "Hey, would you like to join a club where you can freeze your 'specials' off in a parade while dressed up in clothes that usually aren't warm while avoiding drunks with beer that ruin said costume?" ;)
  6. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I made up some brownies with mint chocolate chips. And some Apple Cinnamon muffins (although those might get eaten for breakfast...

So it looks like we have about a dozen people based on posters in this thread.

jackboot
    chewbaccalives
    HothGirl
    Doc_Bev
    TD-027
    T_Starflyer
    Darth Arjuna
    Raef-Wolfe
    Matrix-Jedi
    Darth_Vishu
    Strawbary
    beezel26
    Padawan_Drogon

~Doc_Bev
  7. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    If the Rochester clan doesnt need alot of prep time they can show up at 11 ish thats the latest I can post pone meeting. I hope that helps a bit ;)

8. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We're hoping to get there at 11am. It'll be:

Doc_Bev (Jedi)
    -KnightShade- & son (Cameramen)
    T_StarFlyer (Jedi)
    TD-027 (Biker Scout)

Did you guys have a banner for the parade? We were just wondering if we should pack our Rebellion one with us or not.

~Doc_Bev

9. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    we did not get the fanforce banner but I am told a Salt city banner is making a debute there. ;)

Does anyone have size 12 black boots vader can borrow?
    We have someone filling in as vader today and he has no boots LOL
  10. Ancient_Guardian Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey guys just whanted to let you know that i was watching you guys on the tv; you had almost 40 sec. of air time. besides that, sorry i couldnt come. My parents are kinda in over their heads, because my grand father is dyeing of cancer and the last thing i think that they would have whanted to be asked today is if they could of drive me down to the parade...

on this side its not verry funny that i just told them that, and my brother sead he could of driven me... i feal like a idiot for not considering that.

but o'well

really wish i could of joined you guys
  11. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    Aww....that sucks about your grandpa. v.v :'(

But we had fun today :) It was nice marching and a fun after party. Poker was alright but I don't see what's so entertaining about it...o_O Thanks for teaching me though :)

The Incredibles was amusing. "You married Elasticgirl? And[...]?!" LOL.

Thanks Russ for the signs for the SCJ, and Dave for keeping us away from the crazy drunks. And thanks Strawbary for getting everything ready when we were done marching!

All in all it was a great time, I think I enjoyed it more this year because I wasn't getting FROSTBITE in my feet, roffle.

And because I had someone yell at me I had no life. I think THAT made my day.

Although I didn't get beaded... *sadness* ...you know, it's like getting 'leied' only with beads. I'm sad I didn't get, er, leied.

Hope everyone enjotyed the mac and cheese!

:D
  12. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Woo Hoo! Thanks guys for treating me to my very first parade! I had a lot of fun and was so glad that it wasn't too cold. It was great getting the chance to hang out with you guys again.

~Doc_Bev
  13. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I had a great time seeing everyone today. I am sorry I couldnt march but glad everyone enjoyed themselves today and had some hot food ;)

We need to get together more often just for giggles ;)

Special thanks to everyone outside of syracuse who traveled to get here , Im glad we had warm weather at least.

Jen - Someone yelled at you for not having a life? I missed that story....... dang.......

As strange as the green mac and cheese is everyone loves it and its always a big hit! Thanks for bringing that! :)

Thanks to everyone again who helped with the parade and food. Without everyones help big and small it wouldnt have been a successful day!

Thanks guys you all rock!

14. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Maybe for the lilac Parade we can make purple mac & cheese :)

I also had a great time today, It's nice to just get out & do something :)
  15. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    thankyou everyone for for your generousity and I hope to see you soon at another parade.
  16. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Force Ghost

star 4
    Sounds like it was a success. Everyone had a good time. Great that you had decent weather considering the time of year. Sorry I missed it. Hopefully all of you will be able to attend the Lilac Parade, and hopefully I will as well.
  17. DarthArjuna Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Lot's of fun, guys. Thanks to all who came, I had a blast!

AND IT WAS ABOVE FREEZING! :eek:
  18. Padawan_Drogon Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is Raef. Compy is still on the fritz so I'm stealing dad's again ;)

"Jen - Someone yelled at you for not having a life? I missed that story....... dang......."

Yeah. Some lady leaned over the rails and yelled "Get a life!". Me being me, I was thinking 'woo!' and gave her the 'rock on sign' ;)

"Hey Maybe for the lilac Parade we can make purple mac & cheese"

It would probably look more brown than purple. have you ever seen that purple catsup? :eek: that stuff does not look purple ;)

19. T_StarFlyer Jedi Master

star 4
    I was thinking of a nice lavender color :)
  20. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Photos are now up on the Rochester Fandom galleries.

It was tough narrowing down over 360 pictures to just 71 shots. If there is a picture that you remember seeing that's not there, let me know and I'll look for it. Along the same lines, if there is a pic I posted that you'd rather not be - let me know and I'll take it down.

~Doc_Bev
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.