main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY St. Patricks Day Parade -updates please read!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Thank you again for inviting us and for the warm welcome. It is always nice to be able to meet with fellow Star Wars fans and have fun together. We all enjoyed ourselves and were glad to meet the other members in person.

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Howdy hi "eh",

Just wanted to say thanks again for the hospitality. It was great meeting you guys. Only complaint was the lack of time to spend talking to Vicky. Hope the family is feeling better.

Chris

3. dreamweaver_YJN

dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2001
    Hey everyone!! What a blast that was!
    My voice is almost gone from so much gabbing, and my sides hurt from so much laughing....2 signs of having had an awesome weekend!!
    Thanks so much Vicky and Karen for all the planning and the hospitality. Hope we get to see all you guys again really soon! *hugs* :D

btw....it's quite a shock to discover that Darth Vader is really a woman!!! [face_shocked]

4. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, that was pretty funny. So was the Scout Stringing setup! I loved having you guys down, I must've doubled my Canadian joke repitoire ;) j/k... Thanks again for coming!

5. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    We had fun!! Especially in walmart...nefangled automatic opening doors. And I am still in shock over the extra liter of pop. :eek:

6. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey Guys,
    I had a BLAST!!! And NO the Scout stringing was not setup....Damn drunks!!! LOL. Hope to get together with everyone VERY SOON!!! And thanx again to Vicky for setting this up, and to Karen for letting us use her humble abode.
    Jay
    TB-4476 Out...

7. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Nah, I meant their setup. You were suckered right in... I still quote you on if it had been spray paint ;)

What happened at Wal-Mart? Something about doors?

8. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Lets just say the little Canadian Shtick...well we took our characters to Walmart and marveled at all the fancy American technology. ;) Oooooh...automatic doors.

9. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Lol... you know, of all the Canadian jokes, you guys made over 90% of them. Now that was a bit surprising.

10. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    We can probably make better jokes since we know all the punch lines!!!

Glad to see you had fun with YJN. They certainly had fun with you guys!!

11. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey all!
    Sorry to post on here so late but I do really want to thanks everyone for coming out to help.
    I am very sorry I could not spend anytime with you guys....it sounds like everyone had a real blast though. We will have to get together again very soon.

Warm weather is almost upon us I think a road trip to canada is in order now ;)

woo hooo!!!

12. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    What did they DO??? They (Kevin and James) went into Walmart, talking very loudly, and swaggering very strangely.....saying things like "How do they use their snowblowers 'round here with all that green stuff?", "Wow, they have indoor plumbing", and "Ohhhhhhh, will ya lookit that, automatic doors...we could never have those in our igloos".
    They spent the next half hour drooling over Star Wars and TMNT stuff that they will have to wait 4 months for back home. They admired the aisles and aisles of American packaging, then bought some "over-the-legal-Canadian-caffeine-limit" Mountain Dew, then proceeded to ask the confused cashier where the nearest "Canandian Tire" was, and where they could get a "Tim Horton's" double double.

Needless to say...the rest of us went to the corner of the store that was farthest from them...gahhhhhhhhh!!! 8-}

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    oh my.......that would have been a sight to see ;)

I didnt realise you had a limit on caffeine?
    gotta have caffeine man!

When is your next event we may have to come and crash it ;) LOL

14. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Its not so much a limit on caffeine but it goes like this.

In Canada, caffeine is considered a drug. As such its restricted as an additive in drinks. Its a weird rule, but caffeine is allowed in dark drinks (ie colas), probably from it being allowed before the law changed, but not in clear drinks.

So in Canada, any clear type drink, like Mountain Dew uses a substance called guarana to give it a kick. It does have an effect but not quite as strong as caffeine.

15. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    LOL! Wish I could've been there. Love the igloo one... seriously, very little gets me laughing out loud, but you guys are "special" :D

16. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Hehehe. I had a blast confusing people. Meanwhile the remainder of YJN was either walking quickly away on the floor in stitches. I still love the looks we got.

When you guys come up don't forget your parka's eh? July comes once a year and the rest of the time we see nothing but white. ;)

DISCLAIMER: That is just a running gag with us please don't bite off my head if the parkas become useless. ;)

Seriously we had an awesome time. Can't wait for the next oppurtunity to cross the border.

17. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Oh, you don't know just how "special" they are. And you didn't even get to meet Nick and Graeme, who are also "special". Not as crazy as James and Kevin, but they still fit right in with this group!! The "geeks" that they all are!! :p

18. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    Crazy?? I'm crazy?? Wow Deb I didn't think you thought so much of me. Thank you...i love getting those twisted compliments. ;)

19. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    Greetings Hoser friends!

Sorry for the late reply but two of my dogs on my sled team got frost bute and it's 12 kilometers to the nearest vet eh.

I just wanted to say that you Hosers were the nicest hosers I've ever met. I had a great time. It had to be on of the best events ever. We all really have to get together again. By the way, your Wal-Marts Rock!!!! Even though they were out of TMNT figures I picked up all 3 movies dirt cheap. I Just wanted to thank you guys for everything.

FYI: The American Packages are up oin my wall.

20. Yebbed-Crage

Jun 3, 2001
    Your dogs got frost "bute"???? LOL [face_laugh]

Kevin, Kevin, Kevin....you are really making us look bad!! You and James really are crazy. He can't speak either!!! [face_laugh]

21. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    Frost "BITE"

22. dreamweaver_YJN

Oct 9, 2001
    One thing about Canada is that we're too darned conservative to allow beer-drinking on the street. If we hadn't come to visit....we never would have got to see Tim get smooched and dribbled on by that lovely lassy! ;)

I wonder if Stef is reading this? Eh? [face_devil]

23. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    We will find out when Tim mysteriously disapeers. :p

And Deb wot doo u meen I cannt speek?? ;)

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    well, I dont hang out downtown too much but St pattys day is the only day I know people are openly drunk on the streets LOL.........

When we went to your wine fest I was amazed at some little girl purchasing a carafe of wine and some glasses and carrying them off to a table by herself.....I thought there was a drinking age there? LOL

We definitely have to get together again, perhaps we should look into the camping trip again this year at Darien Lake?

25. Jymm_Roquand

Nov 25, 2002
    GRRR...Jymm Hates having to go home for the Summer :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.