main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY St Patrick's Day parade

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    Well I am coming as a helper for you guys. And just so you know, I have marched in all weather. So bring it on. But sunshine will be nice.

2. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Oooooh! Andy! Bring out the Riverdance; you gotta teach me how to jig for the parade!

3. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm coming down from London, assuming I can get a ride from someone in Niagra, my car (and my bad knee) wouldn't make the entire drive.

as far as a costume goes though, I can either have a green Jedi costume done by then (lacking lightsabre), or I can risk certain death and wear the same costume as I did for the Grape and Wine festival, Jar Jar in a green robe.

It also looks like I'll have to bring my own food, but here's a suggestion, we always did this when I was a kid, green scrambled eggs..... then you can have green eggs and ham!

I'm really looking forward to this, it's been a few years since I was in a St. Patrick's day parade, my hometown has a 10 day festival called Paddyfest! :)

4. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    There's nothing wrong with going as Jar Jar! It's nice to have variety...and besides, we're being over run with jedi! :p

5. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Depending on the weather, we might be able to bring our digital camera that we just got- It will be transferred to the computer, where I can burn it to a DVD then, if you prefer VHS, I can copy it to that as well. I'll talk to Nate about that one.

Edit: Did I mention that all the lightsabers could have effects added to them? Maybe if a recurrance of the "Shoot me" episode arises, a blaster bolt could be in there too. We'll have to see...

6. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    "I'm coming down from London"

How much is the air fare? ;)

7. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I need help. I got these boots real quick off of ebay, for my han costume, and they do not fit. I cannot even get my feet in them. I must take a larger size then 11. Any chance anyone has any tall black boots around a 11 1/2 or 12, that I could borrow for the day. I do not care what they are made out of. If not, I hope I can find something this weekend.

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I found some big dorky rubber boots. They will work for now.

9. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    lol.

I need to go to walmart later this week for facepaint and belts. Unless anyone has 4 identical black belts 1 inch in diameter that will fit a 31 inch waist? lol. ;)

10. DarkjediAssasin

DarkjediAssasin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2003
    have fun everyone, i wont even be around to say hi...sry

11. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Eep! Only three more days until the parade!

Yikes, so much to do so little time! I just wish work didn't get in the way of my other, more fun work. :D

12. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I got belts and face paint yesterday, so I'm pretty much set :)

We decided on fruit/veggie trays.

13. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    ok, i kinda whent all out my belt and spent $52 so since im only 13 and dont have a job do any of you know where i could buy some prity ceap, and dicent lether boots?....i have come to the conclution cosutming is to expesive....but im really close to finnishing but i need to know where would be a good spot to buy lether boots?, like the ones that go gust up to the nee's?

14. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Boots? Well, I got mine at walmart for 15 bucks. Hmm...you could go to Payless. Around here, we've got saddlery shops where we could buy boots (but those are expensive). I think any store that sells shoes you should look into.

I know what you mean about the expensive thing :) I spent 30 bucks on fabric and 30 bucks on 4 belts, plus the 1.50 bucks on paint, and I'm useing my black high heeled boots from walmart, plus some fabric from another costume.

15. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    OK, sI sent Pm's and emails.....Does everyone know where they r going now?
    (please check emails before replying LOL )

16. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Ancient_Guardian: Boy did you hit the nail on the head when you said costuming is expensive. *l*

You have no idea....

Be warned, it's also a nasty addiction. ;) If you have any thrift stores nearby, check those for boots. You never know what you might find.

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow!

17. Darth_Vishnu

Darth_Vishnu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2003
    I have been getting things together for the lasat few days. But because of my budget I still don't have boots or belt. So I was hoping that some one might have a belt I could use? in the case color doesn't matter. The belt size would have to be 34 - 40. Thanks!

Nate

18. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Hrmm...dad might have one...I'll ask him later. How thick?

19. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Got it, thanks ;)

20. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    All I have to say is this: Rock and roll. And man, it is going to be C-O-L-D!

-K

21. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Snow hats.....lots and lots of snow hats! ;)

and GLOVES!!!!

22. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    see ya all in 2 hours

23. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Thanks a lot for having us. Great food, great place, great costumes. Great job. Lots of fun. Glad to see everyone again, and meet some new faces. I'm glad we came. Hopefully we will have all of you come here to Rochester in May. We will know for sure about our parade Late march/early April and will send out info then.

24. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

That was very fun!

For those who are wondering-the Sharpie marker came off quite easy. Apparentely no one here has ever heard of soap??? lmao. (dances* I can make expressions again! I no longer look like I'm in a coma! Hrmm...no wonder everyone's scared of Maul...he never smiles, cause he can't! ;)

Lesse...well, I loved the food. It was very good. Too bad we came late, else more people could have had our mac n cheese. GREEN mac n cheese ;) To which Matrix said he wasn't haveing any but later said it was a pleasant surprise that it was good, lol.

The parade itself was quite fun, though freezing. I think I scared one of the only kids who called out to me o_O can't imagine why! Ah wel.

The people around and in the parade were...well...they were.....slightely...more drunk than expected? Yeah, very, very drunk...hoo boy.

The cards and game of life that arjuna, padawan, vishnu, guardian and I played were fun :) *finally won at Life game* Weee!

I was pretty shocked today, though. I didn't really have to do ANY sewing today, and there were very few last minute jobs! My only problem was my veil. We were facing so that it kept blowing back over my shoulders. It's definetely gunna be my usual costume now. Only red and not green paint ;) And hopefully better paint; I had to use normal paint cause A) could find no face paint and B) this stuff was very inexpensive.

All in all, very fun. Will soooo be doing it next year ^_^

EDIT: Can't wait to see how everyone's pics turned out :) We watched the recorded portion that we were in. We got 2-3 overhead group shots, a longer shot of jango, and I got half of my face in the camera! LMAO!!!! There was also some of Arjuna (next to Jango) and I think a bit of strawbary??? Can't remember...we watched it before the whole party thing.

25. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I would like to say that it was great having everyone today at the parade. It was a lot of fun ( even if it was a tad on the chilly side). The costumes were great and I must say that Hothgirl your Tuskan Raider ROCKS!!!.I know that I will be going to Rochester to support you on your parade.

As for our group. You did a fantastic job. Big welldone and lets do it again next year,,,,,,,,this time hopefully in the warm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.