main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX St. Patty's day parade (Georgia).. cute pics :)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthCynthia, Mar 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    I know there're some 501st fans on here, if you hit:

http://www.sithvixen.com/ and (when you enter) click on "conventions" and scroll down to the Parade pics, you'll see that the Georgia 501st (and some Florida members) got to be in the parade out there. Looks like they had a lot of fun :) My friend is the short sandtrooper <g> ("aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?" - yes, she hates that quote now LOL!!!)

Georgia gets to do all sorts of fun stuff like this. I wish the Texas 501st tons of luck and maybe they'll get invited to do some parades as well :) (maybe the DFF will someday, too.. never know! heheheh)

MTFBWY, just wanted to share what I thought were some cute piccies.

BTW.. if the link doesn't work, it's because poor Sithvixen has been having issues w/ her site.. try again later if it doesn't pull up.

2. trooper158

trooper158 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    she would not look so bad if her suit wasnt
    2x her size . cool picts,we need to kill
    all the rebelscum that are out there,for the sake of galatic peace.I am 5'9",am I
    too'short for a stormtrooper'?

3. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    Yeah, she had a chunk of armor or something start falling off at the beginning of the parade, poor thing <g>

I don't think you're too short, really.. she can get away with it. The "best" size I've heard is 6' and I can't remember what size ramge the trooper armor fits best.

I've decided to skip a jedi costume for now (I want a Maul replica the most, for obvious reasons LOL! Huge Maul fan) and I'm going to start working on a slightly customized Imperial Royal Guard costume so I can join the 501st (been wanting to for a while now). I dunno how long it'll take (kinda broke right now), but I'm shooting for late summer - early fall.. sometime before the year is over at least.. LOL. Once I find a helmet I have to do the repaint/visor fix on it and put together a forcepike (we may actually get started on the forcepike soon - at least shopping for parts) and blaster, already found some cool boots to use with it and then getting the material for the costume itself. I sure hope I can pull it off.. tired of being costumeless :)

Any luck with finding armor for you? What price range are you looking for? Are you looking for someone's old armor or are you looking for the kit that you finish up yourself?

Anyway.. good luck!

4. trooper158

trooper158 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    Any good looking armor well do.$400 is what i can handle.Bikerscout,snowtrooper it does matter;oh God i want to serve the Empire.iam sorry i missed the plano expo.

5. DarthCynthia

Nov 18, 2000
    That's partially why I'm going with Imperial Guard.. less expensive :) heheheh.. wish me luck... good luck to you, too...

6. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    Hey trooper, I have the contact to the armor guys, I'll PM it to you tomorrow. THey are also part of the Oklahoma 501st so they arent too far away for quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.