main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Stalker] S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Oblivion Found (Mini update 1/12/08)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by zonzo, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Title: S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Oblivion Found
    Author: zonzo
    Characters: Nomad, Fox, Wolf, Fang, Ghost, Strelok
    Timeframe: 2011
    Genre: Action/Horror
    Author's Note: The Stalker universe is extremely complicated, so I'll just give you the Wiki so you can fill yourself in: Link.

I've tried my best to create an accurate interpretation of the zone, and I hope I've succeeded.

[image=http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj232/zonzo2142/OblivionFoundv2.jpg]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Oblivion Found

Chapter One: Chernobyl Blues

Kiev, Ukraine
    10:30 A.M.

Colonel Viskaz looked out his dirt stained window as he took a sip of coffee out of his government-issue tin mug. Tastes like crap? He thought, leaning back in his aging chair. His office was small, only big enough for three people at the most, but he had made due. He had been able to fit both his desk and his personal mini-fridge in the little room, while still saving enough space for the interrogation chairs. On the wall, he hung his various medals and awards, a fairly short amount for someone of his rank, as well as the red Hammer and Sickle. He only had a few more minutes before his first sentencing of the day, and he preferred to relax for as long as he could before he had to do anything. Just as he took the last sip out of his mug, a knock came from the door. Great? He thought, glancing down at his watch, They?re early. ?Come in!?

As the metal door creaked open, two armed men came in, dragging a prisoner by his heels. Throwing him onto a chair at an obviously uncomfortable angle, the two solders exited the room, closing the door shut behind him. Looking up from the prisoner?s file, the Colonel saw that he was tied and gagged, a dark black sack thrown over his head, tied together with fiberwire. Oh, I just love our current day imprisonment methods, Viskaz thought. They?re so? Humane.

Looking back down at the file, he skimmed over whatever this guy was here for. A spy? He thought, moving from skimming to detailed reading. He was found in one of our intelligence buildings, trying to upload information on our missile installations onto his flash drive? He read, pulling out the flash drive. From first glance, it appeared to be any ordinary consumer drive, something you would buy at some Radio Shack. Examining the small card closer, he pulled the back off, reading the more technical details of the drive. IBM? So, he?s an American.

After he had finished reading over the document, He decided it was time to deal with the matter at hand. ?So, what was it you were trying to steal from us, spy?? He asked, reaching under his desk to procure a bottle of confiscated Vodka. After several moments of silence the Colonel decided to move on with his interrogation. ?What is your real name? Your file says your code name is ?Nomad?, but the higher ups won?t take that kind of crap as an answer.? This was once again met with utter silence. Now Viskaz was starting to get annoyed.

?You know, if you tell me your name, I might be able to get you back to your country, after all the legal and political things have been sorted out, of course.? He said, pouring some of the vodka into his smudged glass. ?Or at least let you choose your own execution methods??

?I?m not going to tell you my name, so you might as well just kill me already.? The spy said, keeping his voice steady.

This made the Colonel smile. Well, he thought, I wonder how creative I can be with this. Firing squad? No, no, that was a little too old fashion. Gassing? Hell, even in this country that was illegal. As he went through all the possible options, something caught his eye in the far distance. Looking farther out the window, he stared at the red and black clouds that were swirling around. Yes, he thought, that?d be perfect. ?Well, I have decided how you?re going to die.? He announced.

?Really?? The spy scoffed. ?Are you going to tell me, or am I going to have to wait for Santa, l

2. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Loved how you start us off in the Colonel's head, mentally complaining like that... And taking him to The Zone because he won't cooperate... oh my.

I found myself smirking at that letter the Colonel left... well done.

The Zone... *shudder*

This reminds me of some movie where a pilot was downed and ended up treking over hill and dale... what was that movie? I wanna say Enemy at the Gates, but I don't think that was it...

Well done and good start, zonzo. I could just feel his desperation there at the end.

3. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Wow, this is freakin' scary [face_worried] The letter made me laugh though :p

Not familiar with the STALKER universe at all, but I'll try to keep up.

Good start, zonzo =D=

4. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    *GASP* IT LIVES!!! Sorta. Here's a little bit of an update, since I've had almost zero time to write since the summer.

---

Chapter Two: Chernobyl Blues

Cordon, The Zone
    2:02 P.M.

Sliding into a prone position, Wolf slipped his sniper rifle off his shoulder, gazing down its sights at the one-sided war being fought a few hundred yards from him. ?Maybe I should just let the thing eat him?? Wolf thought, momentarily easing his grip on the handle of his gun. He really wasn?t one to go out of his way to help others, and he felt this was a major departure from character.

?So, are you going to shoot, or what?? Fox asked, freeing Wolf from his day dream. ?Cause? so far, looks like the only thing you?ve done is hump the ground.?

?You really need to learn to relax sometimes, Comrade.? Wolf replied, securing a bead on the flesh. Letting out a breath of air, Wolf squeezed on the trigger, releasing a .50cal dragon from its liar, smiling as its roar echoed across the land as it cut through everything in its path.

--

Flinching as the creature?s jaws shot forward for a killing stroke, Nomad felt a huge amount of weight fall on his chest, followed by the loudest crack he?d ever heard. Open his eyes, he was face to face with the creature who was, until just moments before, hell bent on biting his face off. Squeezing his arm out from under the creature, Nomad pocked it several times in the face. Its eyes shot open immediately, and the creature let out several screams of agony.

Using the combined struggle of himself and the creature, Nomad was able to slip himself out, shooting to his feet and making it a few steps before slipping in a puddle. Turning over onto his back, Nomad looked over at the monster, noting the gaping bloody hole in its side. ?Who the hell did that?? He mumbled, dumbfounded.

?You?re welcome!? Sounded a voice from behind him. Whipping around, Nomad was confronted by two heavily armed and armored men. One of them seemed rather skinny, holding a large sniper rifle and wearing a full gasmask, as wearing a full military combat suit and a raincoat dotted by little baby ducks on it. The other was quite a bit larger, wearing what looked to be like something iron man would wear. Looking over to his partner, the skinny one stared to talk. ?Man, that was a sweet shot, huh Fox??? Ignoring his much smaller counter-part, the large man whom Nomad had now identified as Fox walked over to him.

?Are you alright?? He asked, extending his hand. ?Those Flesh can really get the jump on you if you?re not prepared.? Taking his hand, he quickly hoisted Nomad to his feet with almost no effort at all. Brushing himself off, Nomad looked up as Fox continued. ?So, you got a name? I?m Fox, and this here is Wolf.?

?Right, I?m Nomad.? He replied, picking up the flash drive, pocketing it for safe keeping. ?So, I guess I owe you guys big time, right?? He asked, taking a small step forward.

?Naw, just doing our part. Besides, it?s not like you have anything to pay us with anyway.? Fox said, glancing over at his chrono. ?We?d better get you to see trader.? Motioning over to the man known as Wolf, the two men started down toward a path, stopping only when they realized that Nomad wasn?t following them. ?Are you coming??

Wondering whom they meant by ?Trader?, Nomad never the less decided to followed the duo, knowing that he had no other choice.

--

Exiting the mass of leaf-less trees he assumed was some primordial form of a forest, Nomad and the two Stalkers arrived at a small village of collapsed homes and old underground basements. As they walked through it, Nomad saw several men huddled around a fire, singing songs and drinking. Stopping at a particular basement entrance, Fox motioned to Wolf. ?Hey, go check if there are any rooms available at any of the houses.?

?K.? Wolf replied, walking over to the nearest house. Walking down the steps, Nomad wondered what the Trader would be like. What he came down to was something short of disappointing.

5. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    So some guys saved him and they're kinda friendly... liked that.

Good job, zonzo. :)

6. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    It's been awhile, so I had to reread the first post to refresh my memory.

Nice post, zonzo =D= Great action!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.