main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Stand In The Rain- A/P Drama/Angst/Songfic- Padme's thoughts during ROTS

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Stand In The Rain
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: ROTS
    Characters: Padmé Amidala, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: Angst/Drama/Songfic
    Summary: Padmé?s perspective during certain events during ROTS.
    AN: This is based on the wonderful song Stand In The Rain by Superchick. I haven?t written as much A/P as I would like, so when this bunny bit I just had to write. I hope you like it.

Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars or the song Stand In The Rain; they are owned by George Lucas and Superchick respectively.

Stand In The Rain

She never slows down
    She doesn?t know why
    But she knows that when she?s all alone
    It feels like it?s all coming down

She won?t turn around
    The shadows are long
    And she fears if she cries that first tear
    The tears will not stop raining down

How could life be so cruel? she wondered. Padmé Amidala?s existence had been one she had worked hard for. She was Queen of Naboo at the age of fourteen and immediately following that she found herself as Senator. There were times when she wanted to regret everything she had been forced to do, but she could never have deserted her people in their time of need.

At the moment, however, serving as Queen when your world was invaded didn?t seem quite as bad as what she was going through right now. On Coruscant during a war, rumors spread and the latest one nearly made her blood run cold. They were saying that Anakin Skywalker Jedi Knight and her husband, was dead.

She didn?t want to believe that; she wouldn?t believe it unless she saw him. The love for Anakin ran so deep that Padmé knew she couldn?t survive without him. Never would she have imagined that the little boy she?d met so many years ago would become such a profound part of her life. Already the pain of not seeing him everyday was hard and it hurt even more that he was putting his life on the line every minute of every day.

This is why a Jedi and a Senator should never fall in love, she thought. She couldn?t believe that they weren?t supposed to be together, because it felt so incredibly right. So many times Padmé wished they?d led normal lives and didn?t have to hide the fact they were married. Especially because Padmé was pregnant?And Anakin wasn?t there.

~~~~~

So stand in the rain
    Stand your ground
    Stand up when it?s all crashing down
    You stand through the pain
    You won?t drown
    And one day what?s lost can be found
    You stand in the rain

The Clone Wars seemed like they would never end, and for all Padmé knew they wouldn?t anytime soon. She had so many doubts about whether she and the rest of the Senators were even making a difference anymore. Though he always was a good friend; Chancellor Palpatine was beginning to rouse her suspicions. The way he had too much power was dangerous for anyone.

She did have Anakin though, for he returned to her. When she finally saw him after those terrifying long months where she feared for his demise; she nearly sobbed. Being held in his strong arms melted the sorrow she had been feeling for so long. He had never looked more handsome, and Padmé was reminded again of the many ways in which she loved him.

He told her not to worry about the pregnancy and Padmé was consoled. They were bringing a baby into the world during a very dangerous time but it didn?t seem to matter as long as Anakin supported her. With her Jedi husband at her side; not even the most forbidding dreams could upset her.

~~~~~

She won?t make a sound
    Alone in this fight with herself
    And the fear?s whispering
    If she stands, she?ll fall down

It was all so surreal. The Jedi were now considered traitors to the galaxy and they were all to be executed. Palpatine, the man she?d trusted since childhood was now Emperor and now was in absolute control of the galaxy. Padmé saw now the reason why Palpatine wanted those ?emergency powers? in the first place. It was all part of his ultimate betrayal.

?So this is how liberty dies,? she commented to fellow Senator Bail Organa. ?With thunderous a

2. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005
    Looking up at Obi-Wan she saw the sorrow and horror etched in the Jedi Master?s face. She was not the only one scarred by Anakin?s transformation; Obi-Wan was affected by it just as much. He has to know the truth, she thought.

?Obi-Wan. There's good in him,? she said, her breathing becoming more labored. ?I know...I know there's still--,? And with hope on her mind and love in her heart, Padmé Amidala finally surrendered.

I really liked his Padme it was a scar that would link to two of them. The song matchedthe story. Good Job Lly!

3. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    ObsessedwithSW:I really liked his Padme it was a scar that would link to two of them. The song matchedthe story. Good Job Lly!

That was one thing I was trying to convey, I'm happy you caught it. Thank you!

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

What a heartbreaking look at the most poignant moments of Padme's life.
    I loved the way everything wove around her love for Anakin.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

5. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    What a heartbreaking look at the most poignant moments of Padme's life.
    I loved the way everything wove around her love for Anakin.

I think that's one of the reasons writing this appealed to me, showing Padme's eternal love for Anakin even when he turns to the Dark Side.

Great job on this

Thank you!! :D

6. Jturtle

Jturtle Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    I love the song and I really love the way you interpreted it to fit what happened to Padme.

This was very good and very enjoyable to read.

=D= =D=

Great Job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.