main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Standing on Broken Dreams-AU-Obi/Ani/OC Face Inside Sequel COMPLETE 5/27!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Only the epilogue left? What am I going to do?

Oh, right. Your lovely Ani story!

Thank god you're so prolific, or else I truly don't know what I'd do with myself. It's wonderful knowing that I have a post of yours to look forward to nearly every day. You've done a wonderful job with this story, and I can't wait to see where you take Ani and co. next.

Shaindl

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Kind of a sad ending, well for Xanatos. He seems to be drifting in and out of lala land. He should probably remain at the temple for his own safety.

3. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Does Xan even remember anything he did?

I can't remember...

Poor Xan', poor Des',poor Jiv', poor Obi, and poor me...why me? Ani's still alive.

Amazing end to an amazing story!

4. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Lovely post oe. :)

Only one more post! :eek:

I am going to miss this story. :_|

5. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Whew what a roller coster of a ride...

I really enjoyed this...and will not enjoy your ani fic...:)

PT-who is really sick and hot but had to stop by and say hi..

6. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I didn't think I'd ever feel sorry for Xanatos in this story, but I do. Is he gonna be a Knight or just hang out at the Temple?

Sure hope everything works out with Desimir, too!

Are you sure you don't have several dozen more chapters to write? I'm gonna miss this story! :_|

:D

7. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    froggy Xan will be content.After all he has his Obi! :)

JTJG I'm thrilled you enjoy my writing! :)

Thalia I hope it lets you back for the finale! :D

Shaindl [face_blush] Thanks!

PK LaLa Land is a good way to describe it! :(

JKH I'm not sure what Xan remembers. He hasn't told me! ;)

Sheila Me too! :(

PT Sick again? :( You need vitamins!

HHP Xan will just live a quiet peaceful life. [face_love]

Special thanks As always you guys have been the best readers! I am thrilled you follow me blindly on these fics when even I have no clue where I am going with them! Somehow they always seem to work themselves out. Jivan and Desimir are the first OC characters I have fleshed out and the fact that they were well received is thrilling! Maybe one day a rabid bunny will come hopping along and whisper a new story for those two! Until then, big hugs and thanks! Hope this ending is satisfactory! See some of you at Lost and Worth Fighting For . :)

EPILOGUE

Standing alone in the center of the huge amphitheatre stood a breathtakingly beautiful young man. Twenty-five standard years of age, he stood six feet three inches tall and every inch was heavily muscled. Shining ebony hair was cut in the traditional padawan cut and combined with his deep brown skin and a pair of startling deep blue eyes, he was an inspiring sight.

Those eyes currently were studying the various people present in the room, who had gathered this day to celebrate with him. In a break from normal Jedi custom, several civilians had been granted permission to attend the momentous occasion.

To his right stood an older but still strikingly beautiful silver haired woman, who watched him with deep affection. Lady Asha had become a regular visitor to the Temple over the years and they had developed a strong friendship. Offering her a warm smile, his gaze settled on the tall figure who stood next to her.

At thirty-eight, Desimir was confident and comfortable in the direction his life had taken. He had reinvested the small fortune Xanatos had left him and more then doubled it over the years. Learning from his father?s mistakes, he used his wealth to help various charitable organizations. A large portion was also funneled to the Jedi Order, in order for them to prosper and grow so that they could continue to aide the galaxy. His brother had also made peace with both of his parents, and his friendship with Anakin had only grown and strengthened.

Turning to the next person, his smile widened even further. The same age as Desimir, Anakin Skywalker had become a living legend. His power and strength in the Force was whispered about by Jedi and civilians alike. Only recently, the Council had put its collective foot down and demanded that he take his first padawan learner.

He fought to hold back a laugh as he recalled the look of horror that had flooded his padawan brother?s face at the idea. Anakin had later confessed to him that he was terrified that he would end up with a brat who was just as bad or Force forbid worse then he had been. Whoever the young initiate was that he eventually chose, he or she would be extremely lucky.

Next to Anakin stood his beloved LuLu, his mother. Tears glistened in her deep blue eyes and a watery smile trembled on her tattooed lips, as their gazes met and held. They had developed a deep and lasting bond as he grew older, made even more special because of the years they had lost when he was a child. He treasured their time together.

A pair of strong comforting hands fell on his shoulders, jerking his thoughts back to the present. He was urged to his knees, his mentor giving him a reassuring squeeze, before moving to stand directly in front of him.

Fifty-three standard years of age, Obi-Wan Kenobi was still an eye catching figure. The russet hair was now heavily streaked with white, but the blue-gray eyes were of course amazingly vibrant and beautiful. A mirror into the purity

8. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Beautifully completed, oe - a perfect ending that left lives and hearts conjoined and recovered from the darkness that once gripped them.

It's not often in these tales that we get 'happily ever after' - so, when it DOES happen, it's a pleasant surprise.

Bravo - and long-stemmed roses.

CYN

9. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Ooh, mush and happiness! Such a perfect ending to the story. Xan was able to actually enjoy his son's knighting!

Sighs happily.

I love your stories so much. They are always a treat.

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ~Just breaks down and crys~ That was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wonderfull.....

11. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Wonderful ending!

Even I can't complain...too much :p

*throws naked Obis and Xanis to the authress*

12. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    :( My other two fics have been updated today. * runs off crying * :_|

13. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **Tears brim in her eyes** That was so beautiful! Ji was just wonderful.

The thought of Ani with a Padawan is just hilarious!!!!

See you at Worth Fighting For!

14. Laurana____________

Laurana____________ Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2003
    I love this!!!!! I've been reading this for
    ages, butI just became a member, and this is my first review. I just wanted to say that I
    really like both your OC's and your inerpritations of George's ones.

15. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Absolutely beautiful oe. Another one of your tales to add to my list of favorites. :)

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    A wonderfully sweet and mushy ending :)

17. PadmeSolo

PadmeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Love how you passed time, but let us know exactly how it all turned out!

Lovely ending to a wonderful work of art. Congrats! :)

_PSK_

18. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    :( :_|

I leave for a couple of days and this awesome fic is already over!!!

:(

It was a wonderful ending, though, obi-ew, and as Cyn said, the happily ever after was perfect without being melodramatic...

Wonderful work!!! :)

*sends obi-ew her customary roses and Obi shaped chocolates, with a few Xan shaped ones thrown in*

:D

Brava!!! :)

19. Padawan_Travina

Aug 5, 2002
    Wonderful Oe...could not have done it better my self.

Loved the ending and look forward to more..

PT

20. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Delightful, simply delightful! :D

It's been wonderful having this story to read, thank you for sharing it! I always go through a withdrawal whenever a fic finishes, but I'm glad you write so much that your other stories will take the edge off! You truly do know how to spoil your readers with your daily posts. :)

If you ever get the notion to write a sequel, I'd be readin'! This Xanitot dynasty you've created is addictive. ;) I actually have a rather silly and nutty idea for how you could get the evil Xan back for a little while if you're daring enough to brave an idea that originates with my crazy mind. 8-}

Thanks again for a great story! :D

21. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cyn Thank you. You're opinion always means alot to me.To bad I can't tempt you with my Anakin! I'll miss getting reviews from you. :)

froggy Thank you. [face_blush]

JTJG You're too sweet. :)

JKH I couldn't kill our Xan! * grabs a net to catch all the falling Obi/Xan's * [face_love]

Thalia I won't tell you about the bunny that bit me after I wrote that! ;)

Laurana Welcome to the boards! :) I'm touched you made my fic your first review! [face_blush] Hope to see you around more!

Sheila You're my best cheerleader! [face_love]

PK Thank you for always giving my stuff a chance! :)

PS Work of art? [face_blush] Thank you!

astro I owe you a special thanks for helping me out early on! You're ideas really helped me get started so Thank you! :)

PT I'm glad you managed to keep up. :D

HHP Hum. Feel free to pm it to me. :D I have really enjoyed Jivan and Des . I still have Ji over at the other fic but may have Des-withdrawel! :D

I'll be honest and admit that I am currently obsessed with my Anakin and can only assume that a Sith Lord got ahold of me without my knowing! * beats back rabid Ani bunnies *

Worth Fighting For should be on a pretty regular schedule so keep checking it daily! ;)

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    A Just because I miss it UP! :(

23. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    I now I am a a little late sorry.
    But it was a really exciting ride to the end and the surprise with Xanatos that was really somthing.just lovde it

24. Padawan_Travina

Aug 5, 2002
    Ya know I just got done copying this into a word doc to add to the website and this lovely story is 159 pages long..

**dies**

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Aquas Sorry I'm so late replying to you! :D Glad you liked!

PT * sends Des and Ji to revive PT * Now remember missy! I need them back! :D :p