main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Standing out (sequel to Fitting In)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit' , Jul 29, 2000.

1. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    Brill!

Absolutely Brilliant!

2. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    TOP!!!!!!!

3. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
  4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hehe this is your author talking. I am formuating another post soon for the sory but I got hit with a plot glitch yesterday which will need some working out.

Other then that I should post soon. Thanks for the replies and for keeping the thread up.

Kithera

5. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    Tis good... but .. we need more :) .. oh no .. i think im addicted

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    "Hello?"

I know that I have not been writing recently but I will write tonight and post tomorrow. But depending on the amount of responses to this determines teh otucome of whether you get more Amy and Obi-wan or the asnwer to what has happened to Rohnin.

So do what I signature says people and POST!!!!!

Kithera

7. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    I was beginning to wonder where you had gotten off to. Got lost in the outback did ya'?

:)

8. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh Man, Amy's really messed up now.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    How 'bout a long post of Amy/Obi and the answer to what happened to Rohnin????????

10. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I really have to agree with Healer Leona on this matter!

Than again just some type of Kit' post would tide me over. If it is a really long Amy/Obi post with the Rohnin answer, even better! :D

11. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    please post more .. i wannnnnaa know what happens

please
    :)

12. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    How about a short Rohnin post instead?

Rohnin struggled through the pain trying to make sense of the world. He felt something cold splash against his face and then he was brutally awake. He hurt all over, his head throbbed and his arms felt like they had been dislocated at the shoulder.

?Qui-gon?? Rohnin asked immediately knowing that it was not.

?Guess again, lover boy.? The guard sneered, ?and get to your feet you worthless piece of scum.?
    Rohnin struggled to his feet; one ankle was badly swollen where he had tripped in his last attempt to rescue someone. Rohnin winced as he put pressure on it and then moaned as the guards meaty-hand came down on his shoulder making him apply his whole weight to his leg.

?What?s the matter lover boy, can?t stand the pain?? The guard said his face only inches from Rohnin's, the boy had long enough to see missing teeth and to smell acrid, dirty breath.

?Get off me.? Rohnin said angrily and spat in the guards face. The guard looked at him, a furiously cold light glinting in his eye.

?That wasn?t smart.? The man said pushing Rohnin up against the wall, Rohnin gasped as one of the metallic bolts cut through his tunic and into his skin. The guard picked Rohnin up around the throat and slammed him back into the wall, Rohnin felt the shock from the hit and then he winced as lights danced in front of his eyes.

?What have you got to say now?? The guard asked his face dangerously close to Rohnin. The boy could see the rivulets of his spit running down the guards face.

//If I?m going to die it might as well be now. //Rohnin thought grimly,

?I can?t believe that out of ten thousand sperm you were the fastest.? Rohnin said. T

The guard raised the long prod he held and smashed in across Rohnin?s legs. The boy groaned as pain from his fractured leg coursed through his body. The guard smiled to himself, and then dropped Rohnin, forced to put his entire weight on his fractured leg, Rohnin screamed as it broke completely. He crumpled against the wall; sliding down it Rohnin left a bloody trail from the injuries on his back. Satisfied the guard kicked Rohnin twice in the stomach, he turned on his heel and left. Half curled into ball Rohnin vomited, the movement made pain from his leg intensify. Black edges appeared in his vision grew larger and harder to ignore. Rohnin collapsed as he gave his entirety into the blackness.

13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, but *where* is he? How did he get there? How will he survive--or is he scheduled for termination soon, being counted as injured and therefore useless?

More, more! Hey, Rohnin's not going to get rescued just to come back and discover that Obi-Wan and Amy have something going on, is he? That would be too cruel, wouldn't it, Kit? Stop grinning and start posting!

14. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    AHHHHHHH!!!! I found it!! Grrr, Kit!! You made me cry with the ending of Fitting In :( and now this .. . . *sigh* More soon please?

15. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    aaaaaaaaaah!! no!! You can't do that to Rohnin you mean ol' ugly guard!! Aaaarggghh!! Poor Rohnin!!

(although I have to admit, that comment about the guard's *origin* was really funny!)

16. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    AHA!! I new Rohnin was alive!! At least for the meantime.

Great post Kit'! :)

17. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    WoW! Huge replies for such a little post!

How did I know that when i posted that up Jane would come up with *all* those questions? The next post at least will hold the answers.

Kithera

P.S: Despite being the mean and nasty person that I am I couldn't go and kill my main character off...could I? :) ***insert evil laugh here***

18. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Poor Rohnin!

That was hard, usually its Obi's name instead of Rohnin. :)

Give us a post Kit'! We need answers!!

19. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    This is the 'anthem' for Standing out. Every story in this trilogy (The Black Sheep Trilogy) has an anthem and if you recal Fitting In's is "Hey leonardo (she likes me for me) by Blessid Union of souls. This one is mainly for Rohnin and Amy *sigh*. There should be another Rohnin post up soon.

Kithera

~~Don't speak~~
    by: No Doubt.

You and me
    We used to be together
    Every day together always

I really feel
    I'm losing my best friend
    I can't believe
    This could be the end

It looks as though you're letting go
    And if it's real,
    Well I don't want to know

Don't speak
    I know just what you're saying
    So please stop explaining
    Don't tell me 'cause it hurts
    Don't speak
    I know what you're thinking
    I don't need your reasons

Our memories
    They can be inviting
    But some are altogether
    Mighty frightening

As we die, both you and I
    With my head in my hands
    I sit and cry

Don't speak
    Don't speak

It's all ending,
    I gotta stop pretending who we are...
    You and me
    I can see us dying...are we?

Don't speak
    Don't speak

20. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Such torture! Rohnin is in desperate need of rescuing.

Kit, please tell us he'll get out of wherever he is!!!

21. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm going to agree with Leona!

PLEASE give us a post! PLEASE save Rohnin! PLEASE don't leave us in the torture of suspense for too much longer!

22. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    OKay, this post is huge!!!!! Ack, I do not like this post but hopefully it will answer most of everyone's questions.

Kithera

Rohnin tossed feverishly between pain and unconsciousness. The floor below him was icy cold, absorbing Rohnin?s body heat and chilling him to the core. Every so often, he would whimper as a jolt of pain coursed through his body from his leg. Fever had long ago taken hold denying him true sleep; every time Rohnin came awake, he began to shiver again, sending new pain through his body. Even in unconsciousness, Rohnin could not find an escape, for he remembered.

He remembered the paleness of Amy?s face against the black interior of the rescue ship. The desperation to get there and the terrible feeling of hopelessness when he tripped. The pain as the butt of the guard?s gun came across his temples. He remembered the stench of the cells that he woke up in. The utter misery of the first three days as he came to terms with what had happened. The drudgery of the passing weeks as he was forced to toil with the other ?slaves? on their way to be sold. Of his first taste of freedom, the pain in his ankle from a guards blaster as he tripped trying to help a little girl regain her freedom?Of losing his lightsabre. He remembered being dragged on his knees before the head ?master? because he had tried to escape. Rohnin recalled the greasy feeling of the guards hands on his brutally twisted arms, as the ?master? paced before him.

?What are we going to do with you??

*No answer.*

?You are worth nothing you know that? So why should we spare you.?

*No answer.*

?You came in with those Guem rebels didn?t you? Did the guards tell you what happened to their ship??

*No answer*

?It blew up. They blew it out of the sky just like that. ?Poof? and everyone in it died.?

?no.?

?What was that scum??

Rohnin could recall the feeling of despair that settled over him like a blanket. Amy -dead. Qui-gon - dead. Obi-wan - dead. Mouse ? dead. Allica ? dead. Gryph - dead?AMY. No not Amy, anyone but Amy please?please force, no. Please?

?no.?

?What a pity. I don?t suppose you had any family on board? It doesn?t matter, really. Like you they were nothing but scum.?

?NO! YOU BASTARD..NO!?

He remembered struggling to his feet and stumbling towards the ?master?. Knowing he couldn?t really do anything, but wanting to try to make one last stand. Of being knocked down by two burly guards, of the ?master? hauling him to his feet to stare him in the face. Rohnin recalled the taste of alcohol on the man?s breath.

?We could kill you know. What do you want to do? Live or die.?

?I would rather die.?

?Take him away??

Rohnin remember being stood up and then hauled towards the door. Of the sound of the laughter from the ?master? and his personal guards. He remembered the cruel sound of the man?s voice as he was hauled out the door.

?And make sure he lives.?

23. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Marcus Servilius stepped out of his small transport and into the hanger of the slaver known as ?Nemesis? but secretly referred to as ?old Nancy?. He was greeted by the simpering, appeasing manager; Berwyn. Marcus Servilius suppressed a grimace of dislike. To his face, Marcus called Berwyn, ?master? as the slaves did but behind his back, Marcus called him ?the fat fool?. Berwyn was known for his like of alcohol, women and had a hidden nastiness, which was what had first attracted Marcus. He scowled at the trader who drew back and gave short bow.

?Greetings your excellency.? Berwyn slurred his voice thick with drink, ?How can I help you.?

?You know that I am not here for the pleasure of your company.? Marcus replied, ?I wish to see the money that you owe me and take a tour of the slaves.?

The grey-headed man did not wait for the reply but beckoned with one long narrow finger to the brown-hair women standing silently behind him.

?Healer Fey-tal,? Marcus said softly, ?I wish you to accompany me. Sick and wounded slaves will be checked to make sure that the ?master? is not wasting any of our profits.?
    There was a hardly disguised sneer behind his words, which made Berwyn bow and scrape even more. Marcus waited patiently for the fat weaving little man to make his way up the steps and into his apartments.

Healer Fey-tal sat behind her husband, Marcus Servilius, already bored by the conversations over the money. She was his most trusted adviser and she was also adept in using tiny amounts of the force to help heal sick and injured members of his household, plus any slaves in his care. Idly she began to tap a rhythm on her bottom lip with her finger, Marcus turned and surveyed her.

?I fear that you are bored my dear.? He said softly. She smiled but it was the smile a cat might give a mouse before she kills it. Marcus returned it with a predatory stare, which he turned on Berwyn. The small trader shifted in his seat reminding Fey-tal of a marshmallow that had fallen in the gutter.

She began to idly pick at her nails, until she heard Marcus say something about checking out the slaves. They drifted off down the hall, the guards would open the cell doors and Marcus would use his critical blue eyes to give the slave a once over. Then he would turn to the scribe beside him who would record the number of the slave and what Marcus thought they should be sold for and into what area. Often he took the slave as his own, then it was her job to step in and make sure that the slave was healthy. It still surprised her when Marcus took wounded slaves, once when she had asked; he said that it was to keep her occupied.

Berwyn always managed to look amusingly fretful every time they took a slave, but there was nothing he could do, the ?Nemesis? was Marcus? ship. They had come to the lower levels of the slaves, down here, it was icy cold, Marcus ordered for their cloaks to be brought down and wrapped it around Fey-tal once it arrived, enjoying the feel of her hips and waist. She smiled lazily at him.

?Your slaves will catch a cold.? She said softly so, only he could hear, ?It is no wonder they lose so many down here.?

Marcus nodded and turned to Berwyn,

?I want the heating turned up.? He said sharply. Berwyn nodded and turned to one of the guards who scurried away.

Marcus opened the ordering of the first door, the guard obeyed. The whole cell stunk of sickness, Marcus raised a perfumed handkerchief to his nose as the smell of week old vomit washed over them. The boy inside was half rolled onto his side, blood had incrusted most of the back of his tunic and a bloody streak marred the whiteness of the walls.

?He is due for termination.? Berwyn said nervously. Marcus ignored the trader and turned to a burly guard.

?Turn him over.?

The healer watched in mock boredom as the guard turned the boy over. The black-haired boy cried out in pain and opened two feverish black eyes. He whimpered and cringed as his eyes focused on the guard?s face. Fey-tal could see Marcus?s mind ticking over, she

24. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hmmm, why am I reminded of the story of Joseph and Potiphar's wife? Good posts, Kit'! I liked the part where Rohnin says he'd rather die, and the master says to make sure he stays alive. Chilling! And what is it about Rohnin that attracts Healer Fey-tal? Will he have a good life with her and Marcus Servilius, or should he rather have died before they laid eyes on him? Post more!

25. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Jane has summed up all my questions as well Kit.

Don't see what you wouldn't have liked in that post, it was really well written and gave us alot of insight.