main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Standing out (sequel to Fitting In)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit' , Jul 29, 2000.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Kit! would you hurry up already?!

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Look it is the 500TH POST~~~~~ YEAH!

This is soo COOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Sorry this is now my longest story ever!

Kithera

3. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    it otay. Mimicking's mine. It's over 700 now, I believe.

4. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I don't believe it! He leaves a note, he even leaves a backup note...and neither one makes it! Obviously the will of the force is that he not be reunited with his family anytime soon. Poor Rohnin. Can't wait for the next.

5. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Okay Kit! You said your exams are finished now! Where's the next post?

I need to know what Amy's going to say to Qui-Gon and Obi.

6. Shnonnie

Shnonnie Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2000
    hey i finally got around to reading it!! Was great but you are evil...

7. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    and up! :)

8. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    Ok this new Jedi Council thing is weird.. i think i liked the Sith Council colour scheme and stuff better..
    but more to the point. yes. Kit.. Exams are over i believe..
    please post more :)
    please?

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    PLEASE KIT'!!!

The suspence is kiling me!
    ACK!
    You are my only hope!!

10. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    LOL Mouse!

11. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Here it is and seeing that I have to finish the entire story within say...the next week so so there is going to be a posting blitz from now on....

I have a strange feeling that I didn't get the characters quite right in this one but I will let you decide!

Kithera

?She?s just in here.? The nurse said showing Qui-gon. Ventrid and N-ari in. The other four waited in the orange plastic hall chairs.

?Amy?? N-ari asked sitting next to the girl and brushing one curly lock off her face. Amy sighed in her sleep and turned her head. A minute later her eyes flickered open.

?Rohnin?? She asked quietly.

?He?s not here.? N-ari said softly, ?Your in the hospital, Amy.?

?But he was here!? Amy said stilll quietly turning for the first time to face them, ?I know he was here. He rescued me!?

?Amy, you were bowled over by a thief, Rohnin didn?t rescue you.? Ventrid put in. Amy?s good hand slid to the metal bone-knitter on her wrist and a look of confusion passed over her face.

?I saw him.? She said strongly.

?Maybe it is the shock.? N-ari turned in her seat to look at Qui-gon and Ventrid. Qui-gon shrugged his eyes never leaving Amy, the curly-black haired girl had a worried expression on her face and she nervously picked at the tape connecting the drip to her arm. Her expression turned to one of anger and frustration. They didn't believe her!

?It is not shock!? Amy said vehemently turning on them, ?I SAW HIM.?

N-ari gave her arm an absent pat and Amy?s head clonked back on the pillow in sheer frustration. She had seen him; she knew that she had. Why wouldn?t they believe her?

?We should let you get some rest.? Ventrid said and the rest of them stood and left. By turning her head, Amy could see Obi-wan talking to his Master and Qui-gon?s eyes shooting in her direction. She sighed and closed her eyes. There was a shuffle at the door and then Obi-wan sat down beside her.

?I?m sorry.? He whispered quietly

?He was here.? Amy said back, ?but they don?t believe me.?

There was a pause and then Amy opened one eye to look at him. Her head was starting to throb again and suddenly she found herself frustrated at his lack of response. Obi-wan was looking at his hands and not at her. ?Don?t you believe me?? She asked

?It?s not that.? Obi-wan said after a moment, he suddenly glanced up at her, ?I ? you just hit your head that is all.?

?So what because I hit my head I am not thinking right?? Amy said her frustration boiling over.

?It?s not that?? Obi-wan said but Amy cut him off.

?And before in the living room? Was I thinking properly then?? She asked her voice going louder, ?Why did you do it Obi-wan? Think Rohnin had been gone long enough.?

?IT WASN?T THAT!? Obi-wan was almost shouting himself and then he went quiet, ?I knew how you felt about Rohnin.?

?Then why --??

?I knew, so I kept the fact that I liked you secret for five months.? Obi-wan replied, ?I thought for a brief few moments that maybe you liked me in return.?

?LIKE? So all a Jedi had to do is like a girl before he can kiss her? And I'm supposed to what - like you back?? Amy?s voice had gone quiet and the words came out of her mouth before she could really think of what she was saying.

?NO!? This time it was Obi-wan who shouted. He exploded out of his seat his hands curling into fists. ?I?m sorry.? He whispered, ?I?m sorry that I ever presumed to love you!? He turned and slammed the door behind him making the curtain rail rattle on the other side of the room. Amy sighed in frustration and banged her hand on the side of the hospital bed. Outside in the ward Obi-wan was having heated words with Qui-gon and Amy could hear snatches of sound as the boy shouted at his master.

Then Obi-wan turned and stalked out of the hall.

?Ahh doctor.? Ventrid greeted the woman as she came towards them. Qui-gon ushered Obi-wan to the door of Amy?s room.

?Mr. and Mrs. Darkhil and Mr. Jinn?? The doctor asked unsure that she was addressing the right people. The Jedi nodded as three and the doctor smiled, ?

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hooray, another post! Poor Amy! She is right, but nobody believes her, and now Rohnin has been whisked away, and only the Force knows when they'll meet up again.

Is Obi-Wan going to get into trouble of kind or another by stomping off like that? Write more soon! This is very intense!

13. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I believe in you Amy!
    (sorry I've been watching Peter Pan and Hook)

Excellent Kit'! Now what's going to happen to Obi now tht he's stormed off? A runaway speeder perhaps? ;)

14. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    Ack. I think we could all see this coming hey. :( so whats going to happen next? .. Kit. why do you have to finish the story in the next week or so?

I dont know if there is any use in wishing that Rohnin Finds Amy again. because i fear that once they do then it will not be all that it was expected to be.

Its great Kit. Keep posting

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    The characters are fine Kit.

Phew! Obi's finally snapped. All those pent up feelings...

Where will he run...who will he run into???

16. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

No, I couldn't see anything wrong with it either.

Poor Amy. At least SHE knows!

And lots of posts? Yippee!

17. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Kit', you're evil...*grin*

Great post!! And lot's more on the way, COOOOLLLLLL!!

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    only one post? :(

19. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Here...again the characters are screwy and I apologise.

Rohnin stared out the window at the blurs of stars as the ship carried them through hyperspace. His mind wasn?t really focused on anything except berating himself about Amy, how he could have just left her there. Rohnin sighed as another bunch of red and white streaks left his field of vision to be replaced by another. A clumping noise filtered through to his senses, followed shortly by a soft swishing sound as someone placed a pile of material just out of his line of vision, then the two feet clumped off again. Rohnin continued to stare not really hearing the sound of Sonnet crying, or of Aren?s soothing words in the next room. He didn?t really hear the scream of the kettle as it boiled water for tea, nor the return of the booted feet.

There was another clatter as a mug of tea was placed next to the material. A chair leg scraped across the ground, but he continued to focus on the window, the streaming stars and her. Amy filled his entire vision, the way she smiled and laughed. The way her hair moved when she had danced with him that last night on the spacecraft. The smell of her in the morning, and the way her lip trembled just so when she cried. If Rohnin concentrated enough he could almost hear her calling his name.

?rohnin.?
    //So enticing, so sweet and so near. //

?Rohnin??
    //yes Amy?//

?ROHNIN!? He jumped to find Merriam?s worried face staring at him. With a sigh, the black-haired boy turned back to the window and stared at the streaks of stars. He heard Merriam asking if he was all right but he didn?t reply. How could he talk to someone who had pulled him away from Amy?

?Rohnin?? Merriam asked again pulling down the slide on the window so he couldn?t see out. ?Rohnin??

?Go away.? Rohnin muttered under his breath.

?I left your tea there, and a fresh change of clothes.? Merriam said she moved to the door and then cast half a look back at him, ?It is all going to be okay.? Merriam said softly.

?Go away.? Rohnin muttered again. Suddenly she moved back down to sit in front of him, he turned his head and ignored her.

?You wouldn?t have come back, if I hadn?t made you, would you?? Merriam asked softly. Rohnin didn?t reply; instead, he leant forward to open the slide again to look at the stars. Merriam?s hand snatched out and her fingers curled around his wrist so that her nails dug into the bottom of his arm. ?Answer me.? She hissed.

?What does it matter.? Rohnin said softly more to himself, he looked at Merriam properly then and for the first time she saw utter defeat radiating from his eyes, it sickened her. His face changed and he took a long shuddering breath, ?No I wouldn?t have come back.? He said finally.

?Not even for Sonnet?? Merriam asked her voice still soft. Rohnin gave a hollow sounding laugh by way of answer. ?She would have died without you.? Merriam hissed, ?If you care.?

?And now I shall die instead.? Rohnin said more to himself. Merriam released his arm with a dissatisfied hiss of disgust. She stood and walked towards the door and then turned and looked back at him as Rohnin resumed his staring competition with the passing stars.

?You will thank me one of these days.? Merriam said and resumed her walk towards the door. There was a scrap and then the crash of a chair against the wall and something slammed into her shoulder making her spin around in pain. Merriam gasped in surprise and fear as Rohnin pinned her effortlessly to the spacecraft wall, he was breathing heavily and his lips were curled back in a snarl of anger.

?No.? He said back, ?I will never thank you. Mark my words I will never thank you.? He released her and Merriam sagged a bit back against the wall. ?I don?t care about you.? Rohnin continued, ?I don?t care about your stupid honor or your princess. You tore me away from the one thing I loved.?

?Wha??? Merriam asked in surprise.

?AMY.? Rohnin almost shouted, ?Amy was at the hospital, but I had to leave! I left her there, alone by herself.?

?As you would

20. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

That was beautifully done. So sad, touching and full of emotion. I wanted to give them both a hug!

More Kit, please!

21. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, I agree, that was beautiful. I loved the way Merriam hit him, and then revealed that her brother had also died. Everybody's got their own hidden loves and pains, don't they? Good job, now on with more!

22. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Excellent Kit'!

That was so beautiful and sad. Poor everyone! Such heartache.

Please more Kit'!

23. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    Oh Kit that was so incredably sad! I hope that Merriam knocked some sense into Rohnin, but some how I doubt it.

MOre soon?

~R~

24. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I never thought I would see the day when I would hope for a happy ending to a story but I do hope that at least some of the characters have some good fortune. That was really sad! Very touching, Kit!

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ok, now I'm not quite so mad at Merriam. I didn't see why she should think that Rohnin would want to remain a slave...even with Sonnet.

Characters are hardly screwy Kit...well all except Obi, but he wasn't even in that post. (heh, heh)