main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Standing out (sequel to Fitting In)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit' , Jul 29, 2000.

1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I know Obi-wan is screwy Healer Leona, now I hope I didn't stuff up his character even more! Anyway, thanks for the replies everyone!

Warning: Iffy post elert!

Kithera

Obi-wan knelt on the hard floor on the spacecraft and concentrated on the force. He hurt all over but it wasn?t just from the bruises and burns Qui-gon had given him in the work out it was the mental anguish. Anguish that had, according to Qui-gon, cost him his focus during his bout, anguish that he was now trying desperately to release to the force. They had left the planet a mere six hours ago, and a day after Amy had been released from hospital. She was somewhere upstairs now; Obi-wan tried to concentrate harder. The door to the storage room clicked open and he could feel his Master?s presence through the bond.

?Do you want to talk about it Obi-wan?? Qui-gon asked referring to his padawan?s sudden departure in the hospital and his argument with Amy. He had wandered halfway across the city before his feet had registered where they were going and he had turned to go home. Qui-gon had said nothing when Obi-wan had knocked on the door, instead he had made him meditate and then earlier today had spared with him. A match that Obi-wan had lost badly. Now Qui-gon was looking down with a concerned expression on his face Obi-wan knew that his master had a far idea of what had happened but he wanted to hear it from his apprentices? lips.

?We had a fight Master.? Obi-wan said softly opening two troubled blue eyes, ?I said some things that I shouldn?t have.?

?Was that all?? Qui-gon asked giving his apprentice a once over glance. Obi-wan took a couple of deep breaths calling on the force to guide and calm him.

?The other day I tried to kiss her.? Obi-wan said softly, ?I?m sorry Master, it was an idiotic thing to do.?

?May I ask why you are apologizing to me padawan?? Qui-gon asked, ?If you feel a wrong has been done then you should be apologizing to Amy.?

?Except I didn?t think I was wrong.? Obi-wan blurted out, ?I thought she liked me.?

?Did you tell her this?? Qui-gon knelt next to his padawan.

?I tried to??

?Do or do not-"

?I get the picture.? Obi-wan said irritated by his master?s tone of voice, irritated at himself more, ?I?m sorry.? He apologized again his voice soft. ?I tried to tell her Master but she asked me if I thought that Rohnin had been gone long enough.?

?Was that the reason?? Qui-gon asked.

?Of course not!? Obi-wan almost exploded, ?I?ve liked?no I?ve loved her for so long Master?but I never did anything because of Rohnin!?

Qui-gon sat in a contemplative silence for a moment and then put a comforting arm around the shoulders of his padawan. Inside Obi-wan was cursing his lack of foresight and what his Master would think of him now. Qui-gon would most likely be upset and disappointed as his padawan?s idiotic behaviour.

?Whatever else you might be Obi-wan, you are not an idiot.? Qui-gon said picking up on his apprentice?s thoughts, ?You feel deeply for Amy and that cannot be denied, maybe now though you should concentrate on how she feels about you.?

?Yes Master.? Obi-wan said respectfully, he glanced back down to the metal bolted floor and then across at his Master not really meeting the older man?s gaze.

?You cannot change the past, Obi-wan.? Qui-gon said, ?Only learn from the experience. Now come, I believe they had a buffet dessert this evening.?

Qui-gon watched his apprentice from the corner of his eye as the young man walked beside him down the corridor. Obi-wan seemed quieter and more reserved then the spirited youngster of only a few months ago. He noted how his apprentice nodded to Amy, and was ignored. Qui-gon saw the quickly concealed look of hurt and disappointment in Obi-wan?s eyes and the way that he almost avoided Amy for the rest of the night. At the same time the Jedi Master observed the way that Amy would glance sadly at Obi-wan when he wasn?t looking almost like she wanted to say something, but couldn?t bring herself to. Qui-gon sighed more to him

2. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Ooooh, is this going to turn into a war between the planets when they find out who it was?

Poor Obi! But I still think Amy's not his...

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, that was sad, the way that Qui-Gon couldn't help heal Obi-Wan's broken heart, so he had to fall back on the next best thing--a full dessert buffet. And that was even sadder, the way the whole planet was in mourning for the king and queen. So, they were just about to announce Sonnet's engagement to Aren, were they? Perhaps that's the reason they were killed. Perhaps Nathaniel is still in danger! Uh oh! I see rocky times ahead for everybody. Post, Kit, post!

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Coffee's the killer!

crap.. i hate ants.. they are invading my desk.. OW! one bit me!...

"John Kofe's a murderer..."

"It's like the drink, only spelled different.."
    I love the Green mile... anyways, back to the story, I know it was maxwell in the library with the revolver!

or was it the rope?

5. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Only three replies?

I didn't think that post was that bad really!!!

Kithera

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It was a good post, don't put yourself down!

7. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    Sorry Kit. I've been semi lurking .. I havent felt i have had anything constructive to say.. been fairly un inspirational ...

but. Its great Kit. Cant wait till find out what happens next.. Still no iffyness to be found.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Not iffy at all Kit.

Quite exceptional in fact, Obi-Wan's pain, Qui-Gon at a loss to help him...
    Rohnin, Sonnet...oh, everyone's hurting at the moment.

9. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    This whole stupid story is something like 41, 000 words long. I only have one or at the most two posts to go after this one.

I apologise for my baddies...they always turn out like cardboard cut outs.

Thanks for the replies and stuff. Some parts of this post are iffy...and you'll know it when you come across them

Edit that to only three words: IFFY, IFFY, IFFY!

Kithera

Fifteen-year-old Michael, the younger prince of Tullsia, crawled along the inner corridors of the palace trying to find his friend who had disappeared into the gloom.

The castle walls had many of these shafts running up and down them, some of them used but many falling into dis-repair. They were great places in which to play games and hide from each other. Michael tried not to sneeze as he stirred up a pool of dust; this passageway ran past the library and into the guest?s chambers. There was a peephole of light filtering into the otherwise musty passageway and just for fun; Michael put his eye up against it. The room was airy and bright, probably one of the guest rooms.

There was a clatter as someone put down a pitcher of wine, the contents slopping over the edge and onto the table. Michael pulled his head back and re-adjusted his eye to get a better view.

?Idiot!? The sound came clearly through the thin walls. ?I wanted them hurt and injured not killed!?

?I am sorry Master.? The second voice whined back, ?The bomb were designed so it wouldn't do all that much damage, but ee couldn?t tell that they were going to walk right up to the stall.?

?You should have guessed then.? The first voice was oily and dis-contented. Michael tried to adjust his view to get a better picture but he could not see who was speaking, only a hand holding a wine glass.

?I am sorry Master.? The voice whined again, ?How about the girl.?

?Plans have been laid.? The voice dripped back, ?She shall soon be mine, and Tullsia as well and with Tullsia I shall hold the entire planet alliance in my grasp.?

Michael bit back a panicking spurt of fear; the people in the room must have been talking about his parents. THe bomb would be the bomb that had killed them and the girl...Sonnet!

Spurred into action, Michael braced his hand against the wall next to his head determined to see who the speakers were. Something clicked under his fingers and then he was cart wheeling forward into the room biting back on a yelp of surprise. He looked up from his dazed position on the carpet, where the trap door had deposited him. A woman stood in the room with her companion a thin nervous looking man. At his fall, she strode across and picked him up by the scruff of his neck.

?What should we do with this one?? She asked. Michael thought dazedly that she wasn?t either speaker, and then he noticed a man standing on the other side of the room his back to Michael a glass of wine curled into his fingers. The figure gave a sigh, but didn?t turn.

?Maybe we should teach the young prince whelp a lesson.? He purred.

?I am the PRINCE!? Michael said but the words sounded hollow even to his own ears.

?Exactly.? The voice purred again. Michael struggled vainly kicking the air with his legs as the woman held him tighter. He tried to stop the revolting taste of bile and fear in his mouth, and the coiling snake of panic even as the woman raised a fist, casting him into unconsciousness.

Obi-wan wiped the sweat of his face and grinned cheekily at his master. He had one the bout today by using the weakness his Master had been showing in their training sessions, he was proud of the way that he had handled it and he could see the satisfaction in his master?s face as well.

Two weeks had passed since the argument with Amy, and although relations at home were still chilly, Obi-wan had been able to regain his focus. He still loved Amy, but not with the heart-pounding intensity of before, it was still there now but as an ache of regret and love more then anything else. It had taken hours of mediation before he had begun to feel anything but the raw consuming

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Hah! I knew it! The House of Maxwell is behind all this! Who can protect Sonnet now? Hmm, I wonder if Rohnin would counsel her to call in the Jedi. Anyway, that was a fascinating post. I liked the way Michael was creeping around in the castle. Will he ever wake up again? What's going to happen next? Post again soon!

11. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Not iffy Kit'! Totally COOOOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!

Sir Maxwell is so evil! Poor Rohnin! Please post for us again soon Kit'

12. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Poor Rohnin, he's getting it both mentally and physically. Of course he wasn't really trained to be an actual body guard, more of a pretty decoration to follow the princess around, then again, he was advertised as a pleasure slave and I'm sure that's what the duchess meant for him to be when she bought him for Sonnet. I think if I were Sonnet I'd try to nip Maxwell's plans in the bud by marrying Aren post haste. Has she mentioned these threats from Maxwell to her brother yet? Hmmm, you've mentioned that you only have a few more posts to go to end this story... I'm just guessing here, but somehow I don't see 'happy ever after' occurring in the next few posts. At least not for Rohnin. (after all, what would you put in your next story?) ;-)

I'm glad to see Obi-Wan getting over the intense hurt of Amy's rejection. I understand Amy being upset, especially over no one believing her about Rohnin, but think she's just too stressed to deal well with a deeper relationship with anyone.

13. Shnonnie

Shnonnie Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2000
    hey i finally managed to catch up again.

It was great, i don't see why you keep writing iffy, cause they're not iffy!!

keep posting!!

14. Katie_B

Katie_B Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2000
    Kit,
    either all of this talk of missing schoolies due to my supposed (and thankfully non-existent) appendicitis or that post was really heart-rentching. I mean...I amost CRIED for god's sake!
    Do us a favour Kit and don't (and I mean DON'T) follow along with these "alternate" relationships (i.e. rohnin + sonnet, amy + obi-wan) PLEASE!!
    I feel sorry for Sonnet (although she annoys me) and I would hate to be in her position. So although you feel the need to be morbid....just don't, ok?

15. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Last post ever for Standing out. I hope someone remembers one of the characters in here...otherwise the joke will be lost!

Kithera

Sonnet dipped the cloth back into the water and ran it over Rohnin?s face trying to cool his temperature. He moaned in pain and twisted his head as his eyelids fluttered open before wincing against the glare and pain. She shushed him before he could speak, but it didn?t quite work.

?Water.? Rohnin gasped and Sonnet obliged dripping water into his mouth through his bruised and cut lips. Rohnin closed his eyes again and for a few seconds Sonnet had thought that he had fallen back asleep, but he spoke again in rasping tones, ?You?ve taken off your veil.? He murmured

?I heard they don?t wear them on Coroscant.? She replied. Rohnin?s body almost jolted in surprise. ?Shhh, yes that is where we are going.? Sonnet said tears welling in the corners of her eyes. ?Nathaniel said we should go, because of?and Merriam told me that that was where you came from.?

Sonnet wiped his face again in silence. Rohnin tried to reach for her hand with his own but was pulled short by the agonizing pain rippling across each finger. His jaw clenched sending new waves of pain to join those of his fingers, and he moaned.

?Shhhh?? Sonnet said trying to find the unbrusied parts of his face to touch, ?They broke all your fingers.? She paused again for another couple of moments, ?Does Amy live on Coroscant?? She asked childishly. Rohnin nodded as best as he was able. Sonnet?s gaze flickered from him to the starbursts in the window. ?You told me about her once, and Merriam said that she was at the hospital. You really do love her don?t you?? Sonnet refrained from saying //More then me? // But the question still hung between them.

Rohnin nodded again more slowly. He shivered and closed his eyes trying to shut out the pain and find the blissful retreat of sleep. Sonnet watched him sleep her heart torn by so many things. They had left Tullsia, two entire days ago and Rohnin had been feverish with pain slipping between semi and unconsciousness.

Sonnet?s trip to Coroscant had been fueled by the attack on Rohnin. She had half-dragged, half-carried him from the passageway until she had found slaves to help carry him to their apartments. Sonnet could clearly remember the look of disgusted revolt on Merriam?s face and the way the slave girl had had to steel herself to splint Rohnin?s fingers. They had managed to clean most of the blood off by the time Nathaniel came storming in his eyes ablaze.

What had followed next was an hour of anger and spilled secrets culminating with Sonnet finally telling what had happened in the hedge way. It had been Merriam who had suggested Coroscant, quietly from the corner her face pale and sick. When Nathaniel had asked where on Terran that was Merriam had begun to explain about Rohnin and what the boy had told her about the Jedi. It had been revolutionary for Sonnet, even though she had known that Rohnin had a family she had simply assumed that they were slaves too, or at the most poor peasants who had sold their son into slavery. She had never really thought that he might have parents who were looking for him.

Nathaniel had quickly made up his mind after that, arranging a small passenger ship to take them in the bottom class of bunkers. He had reasoned that a princess would be expected to travel in style, not leave in haste as the peasant girl with her only slave. Her clothes had been altered too until she had gotten on the ship then she had changed back to the customary black dress. Rohnin had been installed in the only bunk and now they were six hours away from Coroscant.

The hardest thing for Sonnet had been leaving her own family, and Merriam?Nathaniel was gathering allies in the event that Sir Maxwell would find out that she had left before Sonnet arrived back with help. War was not an option now, it was expected. Something about the finality of that statement sickened Sonnet to the pit of her stomach.

??Ere we are madam.? The porter

16. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The End of Standing out!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*********************************!TO BE CONTINUED!~********************************

17. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    KIT' YOU ARE SOOOOOO SITHLY!!!!!

That was COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that Jedi-dude guy! That was totally funny! Now get to work on part three!!

18. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

Me too!

Yay! He's back on Coruscant. *does a couple of cartwheels*

I've really enjoyed this part of the trilogy. Thanks for entertaining us with it!

Encore!

19. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    That was GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Most groovy Kit'!! I can hardly wait for the next installment of the Trilogy!!

I someone archiving this (these) ?!?!?!?

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hey dude, I remember him!

Wonderful Kit! I loved the cameo of 'Dude Guy', very cool!

You had me scared at the beginning of that with <<Last post ever for Standing out.>>

What a superb set up for part three...I can hardly wait!

22. Princess Padme

Princess Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 1999
    Whoo!! That was great Kit! I can't wait to read the next book!

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    KIT!!!!! You're so mean!!!!!! come on, I wanna know how it ends!

It's the "Dude" dude!!!!!!! he he he.. I love that guy. he reminds me of so many Californians I see everyday.. Even reminds me of myself....

DUDE!

hurry up, please?!

24. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    Ah ha! The immortal question has been answered, Qui-gon DID give the 'dude' guy his autograph.

That was cool Kit, now does this mean that we are going to have to wait a month for the next one seeing that you are going away?

~R~

25. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    What a neat way to end this part and what a great way to set up for the next part of the trilogy. Really looking forward to reading it.