main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Standing out (sequel to Fitting In)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit' , Jul 29, 2000.

1. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    Once again it was awesome!!!!!

Rinin

P.S: Was it by accident or did you purposely make it so that Healer Fey-tal's name said out loud sounds like Fay-tal....Fay-tel...Fatal?

2. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    wahoo!! I'm so glad Rohnin's been saved! Well, okay, so not exactly saved, but these people seem much nicer. More, Kit! (pllllllleeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee?)

3. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Yeah, what everyone else said. Way to go Kit'!!!

4. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    This is soooo good.

5. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    Very good !!!! I liked it
    keep posting :)

6. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    WOW Kit WOW!

7. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks guys!!!!!!!

No Jane, it is not going to be anything like "Joseph and the Potiphar's wife" story. I actually had to look that up to find out what it was *grin*. Let me assure you that Healer Fey-tal does not like Rohnin for physical reasons....

Rinin: You were right! Fey-tal is suppose to be a remix of the word Fatal. But she is not evil, just a character name I came up with long ago and wanted to use.

Thanks again for the comments. They really made my day!!!!!

Kithera

8. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I can't help myself.

This is soooo COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Page 8???

Wonder how many people will think this is a post??? Heh, heh, heh.

We haven't forgotten this one Kit.

10. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    I read your message and just started to giggle. There should be another post comming soon Healer Leona.

Kithera

11. Rinin

Feb 9, 2000
    It is back on the eighth page already. Jeez, and I thought that there might have been a post that I had missed.

POST MORE!!!!!!

Rinin

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I'll second that! More, more! I can't wait to see what happens when Rohnin wakes up. Now why does just imagining it make me think of that song by Men At Work?

I met a strange lady
    She made me nervous
    When she took me in
    and gave me breakfast

13. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I've missed alot. Knew that kid was alive!

14. lack-of-inspiration

lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2000
    yes please post more !!!

15. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    More please.
    This is good.

16. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Okay Kit', time for a post, don't you think? :)

17. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    "Don't shoot me!" Kithera glances up from where she has hidden behind a stack of crates, computer next to her. "I have two assingments due on monday and I....I...can't post!"

The lynch mob lead by Gryph, Healer Leona, Jane and Mouse stare angrily at her. Behind them you can here the evil mutterings of Jedi Bourme, Lack of Inspiration, Light_Sabe_r, Jedi-master-gimpy and...Rinin?

"Hey aren't you suppose to be my friend?" Kithera asks them all but looking directly at Rinin.

"Yeah, I sorta just got caught up in the moment." Rin' answers.

"Shut-up." Gryph growls at the cowering author, "And get typing."

:)

I might write a really short one tonight. Okay?

Kithera

18. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Okay? It's only okay if you actually write it!

19. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Damn! Jane foils another plan by Kithera to fob off her faithful readers by promising a post when she knows she will not deliver!

Oops! No, I promise that there will be a short one tonight.

Kithera

20. Rinin

Feb 9, 2000
    Rinin waves a large chocolate bar in front of Kithera's face and watches as the author begins to drool. Taking her by suprise Mouse and Gryph pounce on the unsuspecting author and literally chain her to the computer in order to make her post.

Hear that Kitten? You are not going to get chocolate until you post.

POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or else)

Rinin

21. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Here is the post, now give me the chocolate!

Healer Fey-tal flicked through the files on her lap. These were the ones directly relating to the boy as well as the other slaves. Beside her the dark-haired teenager was tossing restlessly. She put her hand on his head and made soothing noises until he settled. He was feverish again, but it was breaking now and the sweat from his body kept soaking the sheets. Fey-tal ordered their changing in brusque tones which made the attending slaves snap into action.

A child, of no more then seven, slipped into the room. The girl had been ordered to take his clothes down to the laundry on the ship. Now, she was creeping forward something black and shiny in her hands. The healer frowned and moved the file to tap her knee, slowly the child inched forward until she was directly next to the healer and then all at once clambered into the woman?s lap.

The healer couldn?t help smiling. Although Marcus did not like it; she subscribed to a different view on slavery, one where the slave was your servant rather then an object. ?Children need love,? she had told him on more then one occasion, ?even slave children?. The healer brushed the little girl?s hair off her face and held out her hand. Trustingly the child placed what looked like a wallet in the woman?s hands, and then she pointed at the boy.

?His wallet?? The healer asked. The child nodded silently, she never spoke. With a growing sense of curiosity the healer opened his wallet and peered inside. There seemed to be a bank of little holos, a couple of inconsequential cards and an identity disk. The healer pulled the last one out and switched it on,

?Rohnin Darkhil. 17 years old. Parents: N-ari and Ventrid Darkhil ? Jedi.? it said metallicly.
    The healer frowned, the boy wasn?t a Jedi, she could feel that through what little amount of force sensitivity she had. Slipping out the identity disk the healer paused, took two of the holo?s as well, before folding up the wallet, and handed it back to the silent little girl.

?Destroy it.? She told her. The child slipped from her lap and raced off down the corridor. Reluctantly the healer put the disk and holos in her pouch and turned back to the boy.

//Rohnin, it suits you. // She thought softly. She sent a small stream of force towards him, cooling his fever. The boy lapsed into sleep and she pushed him down into a healing trance. Fey-tal stood and stretched lazily before walking towards the door. Where she was met by Marcus coming the other way met her.

?The Nemesis has been caught by the republicans, and only two hours after we left as well. That fat fool managed to get one last report before they jettisoned all their slaves. This is the first time that we have ever been bothered by the anti-slavers let alone pulled over, it wouldn?t happen to have anything to do with your boy would it?? Marcus asked as soon as he saw her. Fey-tal pouted at his tone and he pulled her into a lazy hug. Fey-tal smiled and slid her hand down his face until she stopped at his chin.

?Why do you like him so?? Marcus asked his voice sounding childish.

?I am drawn to him like any mother to the cry of a child. There is nothing physical between us.? The healer drawled. She kissed Marcus softly and then again until he relaxed.

?As long as he doesn?t cause us any trouble. I would hate to think that he was the cause of me losing my cargo.? Marcus said, ?You know, you and I; we are lucky.?

?Yes,? The healer answered thinking of Rohnin, ?Very lucky.?

22. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Now I'm not saying that I had a bad feeling about your so-called promise, Kit', but a little suspicion never hurt anybody. I'm glad to see that Rinin agrees with me. Chocolate oranges all around!

Why? Why does Fey-tal think of Rohnin and say "Very lucky?" Is she planning to use him as a hostage to gain some personal advantage? Is he a replacement for the son she lost many years ago? Why (really) is she drawn to him? How will Marcus view him and--more importantly--treat him when he wakes up at long last? Come on, don't leave us hanging here! Post more!

23. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    He he he! I love living is the same area code as someone else for a change.

So I'm first to reply again. and before you begin to tear at your bindings with your teeth to get at the the chosolate, I must say...

ROHNIN WAKE UP!

There. Someone give her the chocolate?

24. Jedi_Borme

Jan 17, 2000
    That was good. Poor Rohnin. You need to post more.

25. Rinin

Feb 9, 2000
    Ha! Typical you post *AFTER* I go to bed!

Jane: THe way Kit explained it to me was that Rohnin is lucky because if he had still be on the ship he would have been killed along with the other slaves.

POST MORE KIT!

Rinin