Before - Legends Standing out (sequel to Fitting In)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit', Jul 29, 2000.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan

star 4
  2. Rinin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey, she posted!

Now I want to know what happens to Rohnin....you must post more soon. Do you understand....MORE SOON!!!

Rinin
  3. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks guys...okay...I suppose that Rohnin and Amy are kind cute together.

Okay, I will get the picuture I will stop 'dissing' my work....but I warn you it could lead to posts like the following:

Rohnin sat and thought. Amy was dead, Obi-wan was dead...he was about to be sold into slavery...in short life sucked. Reluctanly Rohnin stood up just as a space ship crashed through the roof and he died.

The end.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Kithera
  4. L's angel Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Good post as allways, how did the QSC go?
  5. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    It was okay...I did it and now it is over.

Actually I found the multi-choice one paper the ahrdest and I normally find those papers easy but a few of the questions were rather dodgy....ask me again when i get my OP score~~~~~~

Kithera
  6. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Um guys? I started a new story today....I know I shouldn't have with major exams comming up but I couldn't help it.

The story is called "Field of Angels" and the address is...

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=812873&page=1

Thanks
    Kithera
  7. Eryce Jedi Master

star 2
    Aww.. Obi falling in love. Poor guy. He really has some difficult issues to ponder now.

More please Kit!
  8. RogueJai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    EVIL OBIWAN!! It's not supposed to happen that way!! Go find some nice Jedi girl, will ya? Amy is Rohnin's!!! *takes obi-wan's lightsaber from him and starts to threaten him with it. Jedi Boy retreats and starts to find "nice Jedi girl"*
  9. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  10. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
  11. Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod

Manager
    star 9
    Obi-Wan may be falling in love but it may be unrequited, if Amy's still voicing things like
    "besides, what would Rohnin think if he came back and I was gone?"

Kit, I think you're worse than I am. And I'm the most insecure person I know.
  12. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  13. Rinin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Kithera this was on the 16th page.

POST MORE!

~R~
  14. JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ohh unrequited love....a lot of that going around isn't there? Or will be. Poor Obi-Wan.....Poor Amy and Rohin too.
  15. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    This is going to have to last you guys a week. :) Wish me luck for my exams!!!!!!!!!!!

Rohnin glanced around as they came into the city. Marcus Servilius was up ahead being carried on a litter while they were forced to step around the mush and dirt of the streets. The slaves weren?t even chained together, but they each had a thin metal band strapped onto their wrist and it was the fear of the metal band, or rather what it could do which kept them in such tight formation.

Marcus had come to inspect them earlier that morning, he had praised a few ones for their looks and had moved them up the ranks accordingly, the only thing that he had remarked about Rohnin was that his slight limp would detract from his price, but the boy had still been moved to the top ranks. Rohnin glanced at the ground again as they walked, his leg hurt now that he had been walking on it for a while but usually he didn?t notice it unless he was forced to. He thought back to earlier that day when they had been given what Marcus had called a ?demonstration?, as each of the slaves had been checked another taller slave had clipped what on the outside appeared to be a bracelet.

Rohnin had looked at it in puzzlement and tried to push it off but the tall slave had slapped his hand away. Most of the slaves had submitted but one man had run. Marcus had looked up irritabley from where he had been studying the papers of a dancing girl and snapped his fingers. Without a word, three burly guards appeared and tackled the man to the ground while the tall slave had clipped the bracelet around the man?s wrist. Then they had brought the struggling man before Marcus.

?This shall be a lesson.? Marcus had said curtly. He had waited until all the slaves had turned to watch him. He brought a little box from his pocket and typed in a code, he smiled at the man and then pressed the button. The slave screamed in pain and pulled at the bracelet. Then Marcus had twisted the button until he was writhering in the bigger slaves grip. As if commanded the other slaves let him go, and he sunk to the floor moaning and weeping. He had turned his eyes away in disgust and found himself staring into the brown eyes of the healer.

?I trust that you are well.? She had said loudly so that Marcus could hear.

?I am, and I thank you.? He replied. Knowing that this was only a show, he had bowed using his best Jedi manners and then glanced at her in puzzlement. ?Why did you give the holo?? he asked so that only she could hear, ?Was it to torment me??

She had glanced at him in a confused puzzlement and then half smiled, ?I didn?t think that it would have been a burden to you. I merely did it to bring comfort.?

?Why bring comfort to someone who has lost everything. To someone who has lost their freedom?? He had asked again. The healer shook her head.

?You don?t understand do you? It is not my fault that you lost your freedom. If anything, you should be thankful that I felt the need to save you. They had planned to kill you because you were injured and if they had felt it in their hearts to keep you well then our ship was attacked by a republican fleet only a few hours after, they killed all the slaves on board.?

?Republican?? Rohnin asked his eyes going wide. His face fell for a moment and he regarded the healer in silence. ?Then I thank you for saving me.? He went on his eyes growing sadder, ?I am merely angry because I lost everything, everyone I loved.?

Something clicked for the healer and she smiled to herself. ?The girl in the photo.?

?Yes, her name is Amy. She is?she is dead but while she was alive I loved her more then anything.? Rohnin had said. It almost felt like he was being torn apart from the inside when he said even mentioned Amy. The healer patted his arm and then turned it over to glance at the bracelet. She frowned in disgust.

?My husband manages to come up with the prettiest chains.? She said more to herself then Rohnin. He glanced at her and the healer met his eyes evenly. ?Let me give you some advice.? She said, ?Use your
  16. RogueJai Jedi Padawan

star 4
    OOOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOooooo!! I like!! Amy must NOT fall for Obi-Wan just because Rohnin is assumed dead---I forbid it!! :) Hopefully his new Masters are nice enough---they seem alright. I liked how Marcus was suprised when Rohnin was nice! :)
  17. Rinin Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Brill, Kitten, absolutely BRILL!

I especially liked the bit when Rohnin thought...

{quote} It was odd how he could save people in the middle of flying bullets, organize an ill-fated rescue attempt, take on the terrible twins, but having girls stare at him made him feel so uncomfortable {un quote}

~R~
  18. Jane Jinn Jedi Knight

star 5
    My joy over this long and wonderful post was only diminished by the fact that you said it had to last us a week. A week? Just when Rohnin is being led away by four beautiful young women? A week? When he's just become a birthday present? NOOO!

Ah, well, such is life. Good luck on your exams! If you write there as well as you write here, you will do very well indeed.

I'm glad that Healer Fey-tal gave Rohnin the advice to be polite and charming only to the people he liked. He did, and look who he ended up with! Good! I also liked the part where she looks at the bracelet around his wrist and comments that Marcus always picks the prettiest chains. This whole post was full of excellent details like that.
  19. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Kit, hurry your Australian butt back to us!!!
  20. Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod

Manager
    star 9
    LOL Rohnin's a birthday present??? Of a young attractive female???

Oh boy, I forsee many problems ahead.

Great post Kit!!! A week? Dang!!!

21. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Thanks guys just upping this from the corner that it had gotten itself into!

Kithera
  22. lack-of-inspiration Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey yep it just gets better doesnt it.
    good luck for your exams Kit.
    post more asap :)
  23. Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod

Manager
    star 9
  24. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    man, life sucks with school....
  25. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hi guys......thanks for upping this everyone. I remembered the song that I think should be the proper anthem for Standing Out. It is from the disney's version of Robin Hood...

Love
    It seems like only yesterday
    You were just a child at play
    Now you're all grown up inside of me
    Oh, how fast those moments flee

Once we watched a lazy world go by
    Now the days seem to fly
    Life is brief, but when it's gone
    Love goes on and on

Love will live
    Love will last
    Love goes on and on and on