main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Standing out (sequel to Fitting In)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kit' , Jul 29, 2000.

1. Rinin

Rinin Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2000
    I'm still smiling at the thought of expensive Vegemite!

I wonder will ROhnin take Merriam's advice and forget? Does that mean he will forget Amy? Technically she is dead to him and so maybe....ugh kithera you had better not tell me that you are going to have another girl pining over Rohnin. Like a love triangle that goes...

Obi-wan->Amy+Rohnin<-Merriam/Sonnet?

You had better not. Rohnin had best come back NOW!!!!!

~R~

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    just kicking this up a notch...

BAM!
    ~ Emeril Lagasse

3. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    That scene was wonderful, Kit!! I was laughing in the beginning and at the end I had tears in my eyes for Rohnin and Amy. Please post more!

4. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    YOu guys want to see Rohnin and Amy together again?

Then check out Field of Angels.....

Kithera

P.S: Thanks for all the compliments guys....it feels nice to be know to what you guys think.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A beautiful post Kit. Just like Gimpy I was smiling at the beginning and had tears in my eyes by the end.

What a wonderful talent you have.

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    AhA! I have finsihed exams and so I think that it is time for a celebratory post. I really want feedback on this one too because I think the cut-off/ending is really weak, but anyway! On with the story!

Bear with me!

Kithera

Amy sang a wordless tune to herself as she dropped another dollop of pikelet mixture into the frying pan. The apartment was technically hers now that Allicia was asleep and the two Jedi out. Her first cake had been perfect and after that, she had set herself to work in earnest.

Three batches of biscuits, two cakes (chocolate and banana) and half a batch of pikelets later she was beginning to run out the Jedi?s flour and sugar supply. Amy flipped the bubbling pikelets over to the other side to cook. There was the sound of movement at the door but Amy ignored it, she would only worry if the body attached to the noise called her ?mum?. A hand slipped around her side and closer to the frying pan, the next second a nearly cooked pikelet had levitated into the air and had almost arrived into the waiting hand before Amy had time to react.

?Obi-wan Kenobi.? She shouted in mock-anger as she turned around meaning to swipe at him with the spoon. Because Obi-wan was half bent over, the spoon gave a thwack followed by a slurping sound as the batter-covered utensil collided with his cheek.

?I wanted the batter in my mouth not on my face.? Obi-wan replied.

?Serves you right. Next time I?ll aim better.?

?Good.?

?Yeah, I think just a tad lower should do it.? Amy said giving a glance down. Obi-wan?s face flamed red as he caught her meaning. He snatched the still hovering pikelet out of the air and stuffed it into his mouth.

?Ooo, ouch?that?s hot!? He cried his mouth half-full of gooey pikelet. Amy doubled over in laughter, the spoon coming dangerously close to the other teenager. Obi-wan stepped away from her and into the larger figure of his master.

?Can I ask what is going on here?? Qui-gon said taking in the baking spree, his batter-covered padawan and a near hysterical Amy.

?She hit me, Master. Then she threatened to 'jane' me!? Obi-wan said sending mock-glares at the
    helplessly giggling Amy.

?Yes, Padawan.? Qui-gon said turning his apprentice?s face to one side, ?I can see that you have been ?battered? pretty badly.?

?That wasn?t funny master? Obi-wan said putting his hands on his hips although a smile still played on his lips. Amy was giggling even harder now, she held up the beaters that she had just been using.

?Suppose now that I have battered you, I could beat you too!?

?That is taking it way too far.? Obi-wan said staring at her. There was a cry from the other room and Qui-gon shook his head at them before he left to comfort Allicia. Obi-wan smiled more to himself as he helped Amy to clean up and to finish the pikelets. It was hard for him being so close to her and yet unable to do anything. He almost hated Rohnin for the hold the absent boy had over her, for the ease of the relationship that the two had had when they had first met.

//How come everything is harder for me? // Obi-wan thought and wince at the whining tone. He went to wash the beaters and his hand accidentally brushed Amy?s shirtsleeve, even that small touch made his heart race and his stomach leap. It was like Amy brightened up the whole world just by walking in the door. It was everything about her that made him feel the way he did.

He shook his head and glanced across at the girl as she flipped the last three pikelets out and began to set the table for afternoon tea. She glanced at him and smiled again as she watched him pick up the tray of goodies and place it on the table before relieving Qui-gon of a rather grumpy Allicia.

?Oh, you are such a honey.? Amy cooed to him as she walked by, ?What would I do without you??

Obi-wan only smiled as a reply and glanced down at the pikelets he held in his hands, embarrased by a sudden thought.

//The question is what would I do without you. //

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Congratulations on getting your exams out of the way!

I liked this post! I laughed so hard when Qui-Gon looked at Obi-Wan and commented that he'd been 'battered' pretty badly. And I also liked the way that Obi-Wan is falling in love with Amy and resenting Rohnin's invisible hold on her. Good!

8. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    I'd have to second everything that Jane Jinn said, I thoroughly enjoyed it. And congrats for finishing your exams!! :)

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm going to have to to the same thing. I throughly agree with Jane and Gryph. I could actually hear the battered covered spoon hit Obi-Wan. (maybe it's because I've done that.)

Congrats on finishing your exams. Now you should have more time to post for us! In the immortal words of Darth Vader...
    YIPPIE!!!

10. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I suppose I must agree with Jane, Gryph and Mouse, especially on the 'battered' part, that was great.

11. Rinin

Feb 9, 2000
    OH Kit that was hilarious!!!!!!

MORE! MORE (especially now that you have finished exams)

~R~

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Double up!

14. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    Ooooooooh. Obi has it BAD for Amy. Not very good.

15. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Thanks guys!

Okay today I am going to let you decide who I post about after this next post (sometime later today...) You have a choice of

1) Rohnin and Sonnet
    2) amy and Obi-wan
    3) Healer Fei-tal
    4) N-ari, Ventrid and co
    5) Jetar, Shiree and Amy.

Your decision, why? Because I think that you guys should decide for once, you are the ones who read it anyway!!!!

Kithera

16. L's angel

L's angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2000
    I vote for Obi and amy

17. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    N-ari and Ventrid. I mean, they're his parents! They must have gone past the frantic stage to something approaching loss of hope by now, and if they're anything like me, they probably have the occasional nightmare about him, or even hopeful dreams that fade in the morning light.

18. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    OKay...this is one I prepared earlier....grin!
    Keep those votes a comming!

Kithera

?Mummy!? Allicia called out excitedly. ?Mummy, mummy, mummy!?

Amy turned on her heel from where she had been reading the price label to glance at Allicia who was pointing at some toys. The teenager sighed and crossed the isle to where the little girl was standing. They were supposed to be shopping for the party to celebrate Allicia?s upcoming birthday. They had been searching through the store to find exactly what the little girl wanted. Amy glanced at the doll that Allicia was pointing to with one hand; the other?s thumb firmly stuck in her mouth.

?Is that what you want?? Amy asked. Allicia nodded her eyes wide. Amy brought the doll down and looked doubtfully at how much it cost.

?I?m sorry.? She told the little girl ?But I simply can?t afford to buy it, maybe for your next birthday.?

Allicia looked at Amy and her shoulders slumped, her bottom lip began to quiver underneath her thumb and tears came to her eyes.

?No, Don?t!? Amy warned the little girl.

Melodramatically Allicia began to cry. She took her thumb out of her mouth and bunched both of her fists up into little balls. Allicia began to sob and then wail the pauses between each wail only lasted long enough for the blonde-haired toddler to draw breath for another one. Amy went down on one knee and held out her hands for the little girl but Allicia refused to come to her. It was Obi-wan who saved the day, racing around the corner and dropping a bag full of pre-wrapped presents.

?Alli!? Obi-wan called and the little girl came to him. Hands outstretched, sobbing all the while.

?Is this what you wanted?? Obi-wan asked gently and Allicia nodded. Amy found her frustration mounting at both Allicia and Obi-wan. The little girl held out her hands as Obi-wan placed the doll into it.

?Maybe if Mummy and I put our money together we could get it for you.? Obi-wan said. Allicia?s tears almost dried on her face and she smiled at Obi-wan. Amy bit her lip from saying anything and merely trudged to the counter to pay for the errant doll. It wasn?t until later when they were sitting at the coffee shop that Amy finally burst forth.

?She just needs some love and attention that?s all.? Obi-wan was saying, ?She?s been through a lot.?

?And I haven?t?? Amy asked, ?You spoil her Obi-wan. That is why she won?t do what she is told.?

?I don?t spoil her.? Obi-wan said. Amy made a pointed gesture towards the doll and the mound of gifts and other items in Obi-wan?s trolley. ?Okay maybe a little.? He admitted.

?You spoil her a great deal. She knows now that all she has to do is cry and you?ll come running.? Amy said. As if on cue they both glanced at the little girl. Allicia was ignoring both of them feeling more content to eat her chips, the tomato sauce forming a red trail down her chin.

?You says I didn?t get anything for you?? Obi-wan asked revealing a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates. Amy suddenly smiled and she gazed at him until Obi-wan went red with embarrassment.

?Thanks.? Amy said shyly. Obi-wan grinned at her suddenly wondering if this was the right time to tell her how much he loved her. Amy?s hand rose unconsciously to the flame jewel at her neck and he sighed. He grinned at her again trying to cover his disappointment.

?Time to go Allicia.? He said without turning to look at the little girl. There was no answering reply. No tomato sauce covered hand slipping into his. ?Time to go Allicia.? This time both Amy and Obi-wan turned to see what the little girl was doing. But she was no longer sitting at the end of the table.

She had gone.

19. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan! Is it worse for him not to get the chance to tell her about his feelings, or is it worse if he does tell her and finds out that they are not returned? What a dilemma!

Uh oh, Allicia is missing! Every parents' nightmare! Quick, send out a search party!

20. jedi_master_gimpy

Jan 12, 2000
    I want Obi to have Amy because he deserves to be happy for once, but at the same time poor Rohnin!! Love that part with Allica, though!! I hope they find her!!!!!!!!

21. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Poor Obi! But then poor Amy, Rohnin, and Allica! I know I'm probably asking the wrong person, but I really want at least one of them to have a happy ending.

BTW, COOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!! :D

22. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh boy! There's nothing more heart stopping than turning around to find you child gone. I hope Obi-Wan and Amy find her quickly.

23. L's angel

L's angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2000
    Aww poor obi, man being in that situation sucks big time. ANd i got way to much experience. ON a completely non star wars note did anyone here see the opening cermony for the olympics?

24. Rinin

Feb 9, 2000
    If you think about it there can be only one happy ending. Either Rohnin gets Amy (provided Kit lets him come back!) or Obi-wan gets Amy or neither of them get amy....wait that last one is not a happy one.

I partially vote for Obi-wan getting Amy...but then i feel like I'm letting ROhnin down!

~R~

P.S: You mean we get to vote for which scene we want? Really? Healer Fei-tal, please!!!!!

25. Kit'

Oct 30, 1999
    Yeah! I saw it....it was cool wasn't it!

Except for when they rolled that big flag down that had "G'day" written on it....CLICHE!

Kithera